[ABD] phpBB Primetime

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
girello

Re: [DEV] phpBB Primetime

Post by girello »

prejudice I Launched the ' extension but then I Deleted everything.
I disabled the ' extension , Deleted Data But I Still Remains Something around.
I will bring a clean up everything?
how i do? tnx
http://www.photolandia.net
version phpbb 3.2
Blitze

Post by Blitze »

Sorry for the late reply guys. It suddenly got very busy for me this week, even now i am replying from my phone.

The issues reported above are all because you're missing some assets. I will provide a zip package soon. I will also provide a demo link.

@Raul: i have renamed the extension to primetime/base

@Jessica: This extension can replace your front page with any app.php page so that the forum is not the site index if that's what you want

@vigor05: I see the problems you are running into. I will provide a fix shortly. I'm not sure if i should increase the number of chars for the bval field or limit the chars in the input box to not exceed 255

Please, if possible, report bugs here: https://github.com/blitze/primetime/issues
My Extensions: phpBB SiteMaker
david63

Post by david63 »

Blitze wrote:@Raul: i have renamed the extension to primetime/base
A better option would have been blitze/primetime - keeping it in the same format as every other extension.
Blitze wrote:The issues reported above are all because you're missing some assets. I will provide a zip package soon.
You are aware that all files relevant to an extension have to be within that extension
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Blitze

Post by Blitze »

When i submit the extension it will have all necessary files. The files are not currently missing. It just requires running Bower and gulp, similar to how you have to run composer to get your dependencies.

As far as the name of the extension. I did not see in the rules anything that forbids me from having the same vendor name as the extension, nor any rules that require the vendor to be my username. The reason i chose to name the extension the way i did is because it is made up of other extensions. For example, there is a primetime content extension that I'm working on. I might write other extensions that are not part of the primetime family so i chose to keep everything primetime in the primetime vendor directory. I hope this makes sense. If you have a better suggestion, I'm happy to oblige.
vigor05

Post by vigor05 »

@vigor05: I see the problems you are running into. I will provide a fix shortly. I'm not sure if i should increase the number of chars for the bval field or limit the chars in the input box to not exceed 255

Please, if possible, report bugs here: https://github.com/blitze/primetime/issues
I'm not familiar with github tracker system, but i will try to learn it.
I'm really hope to help you with bugtracking this extension , because it is absolutely fantastic and you did great work!

PS. but just a little UTF8 text with few html entities will be more than 255 chars for sure... :oops:
Blitze

Post by Blitze »

Yeah. I may have to create a separate table for the html blocks altogether.
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Hey Blitze, welcome back. You might find this useful: viewtopic.php?f=461&t=2211266#extension-structure
Blitze

Post by Blitze »

The vendor is not required to be my username. Please see this topic for clarification on the validation rules regarding extension namespaces: viewtopic.php?f=461&t=2291281.

I will however, change the namespace to primetime\core
advocatus

Post by advocatus »

Blitze wrote:I will however, change the namespace to primetime\core
This has the potential to create a lot of confusion. The out-of-the-box phpBB codebase is referred to as 'core'. If you choose to have the vendor as the extension name and the extension name as 'core', that will cause a lot of problem.
Hi, I'm advocatus and I own www.forumgames.in.
leschek

Post by leschek »

phpBB gallery use the same naming ext/phpbbgallery/core/, ext/phpbbgallery/acpimport/ etc. and for me it's easier to find such extension on FTP than if there is name of developer.
mandrake88

Post by mandrake88 »

ey @Blitze, glad to see primetime coming back to life! i been using the old version of primetime on a site for a couple of years now, looking foward to update to 3.1
MattF
Extensions Development Coordinator
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Post by MattF »

Blitze can name their extension packaging however they want, and whatever makes the most sense to them. As long as their vendor and extension names aren't "phpbb". "primetime/core" is perfectly acceptable. It shouldn't matter that it's called core, as it's packaged inside the primetime directory. And there's no directory in phpbb itself that is actually called "core" that it could be confused with either.
Formerly known as VSEMy ExtensionsPlease do not PM me for support.
Blitze

Post by Blitze »

Thanks again @VSE. I'm not sure how my extension's topic became a namespace debate. I hope this puts an end to it.
Last edited by Blitze on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blitze

Post by Blitze »

@mandrake: Good to hear that you are still using primetime. I know there are a few others out there so I have tried as much as possible to allow for backwards compatibility. It should be possible to upgrade, pending proper testing :)
Blitze

Post by Blitze »

Ok, I have added a demo link as well as the option to download pre-built packages. Please report any issues or suggestions here.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”