[ABD] Custom Navigation Bar v1.0.7

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
leschek

Re: [ALPHA] Custom Navigation Bar v1.0.7

Post by leschek »

vipaka wrote:Reuploaded zip with files that should fix those errors, none of which should break functionality of the extension. :)
Thank you, I also can confirm that those errors disappear, but there is a new one. When I want to edit the default button I get (sorry I didn't try to edit it yesterday):

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/vipaka/navbar/acp/main_module.php on line 238: Undefined index: ACP_MENU_EDIT_BUTTON
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

you can move this to be right under the headerbar by simply moving the <!-- INCLUDE navbar_header.html --> line from where it is to below the <!-- EVENT overall_header_page_body_before --> line.

doing this could possibly interfere with future extensions that depend on that placement and it could disappear with future updates depending on the update.

however, it does work until someone creates a new EVENT for that spot.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey »

Button Active: YES
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/vipaka/navbar/acp/main_module.php on line 238: Undefined index: ACP_MENU_EDIT_BUTTON
leschek

Post by leschek »

When I want to add new button, I write the name of the new button and click add link. Then a "page with settings for new button" is open, but "Link Title" is empty. Shouldn't the text I add on previous page be copied to "page with settings for new button"?

Do you plan in a future to handle somehow multiple installed styles?
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

leschek wrote:When I want to add new button, I write the name of the new button and click add link. Then a "page with settings for new button" is open, but "Link Title" is empty. Shouldn't the text I add on previous page be copied to "page with settings for new button"?

Do you plan in a future to handle somehow multiple installed styles?
This extension should work with any installed styles, I myself have tested it on two official and one custom style.
Thank you to Robert for the heads up about the event. I'll check both placements and see which one is ideal.
I will fix the ACP_MENU_EDIT_BUTTON missing language variable later tonight. It should not break functionality.
Curious about my work? See it for yourself.
leschek

Post by leschek »

vipaka wrote:This extension should work with any installed styles, I myself have tested it on two official and one custom style.
Oh, sorry. I didn't mean that it doesn't work.

Lets say that I have two styles on my boars - prosilver and some dark style. Now I can choose only one colour for BGs and fonts. It means that if I create buttons for prosilver they (the created buttons) will not look too good on dark style.
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

leschek wrote:
vipaka wrote:This extension should work with any installed styles, I myself have tested it on two official and one custom style.
Oh, sorry. I didn't mean that it doesn't work.

Lets say that I have two styles on my boars - prosilver and some dark style. Now I can choose only one colour for BGs and fonts. It means that if I create buttons for prosilver they (the created buttons) will not look too good on dark style.
For custom colors the acp is the best option, though. The alternative would be to default to something like the forabg or forumbg or panel bg colors of the style, and since there is no guarantee that style will have those bg colors set, it would result in less cross style compatibility. I myself use a version of the supernova style from 3.0 as a colorwheel ext, to allow various board colors across styles, so that might be worth considering if you have multiple very different colored styles and cannot find a good medium between them for the navbar.
All that said, I might put in a default color based on the css tags above that is overwritten by acp colors. :)
leschek

Post by leschek »

That would be great.
KhurramMunawar
Name: Khurram Munawar

Post by KhurramMunawar »

just installed. working perfectly.
Thanks for the extension.

i just need to knw that can we move this navigation bar just below the forum header , and above the quick links bar.
as u can see the navigation bar on this forum is exactly below the phpbb forum header.

Thanks
Get Free Traffic To Your Website
Trafficonic.com - Free Traffic To Your Website
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

You can place it anywhere on your board you want, as long as there is an event for that area. All you need to do is rename the styles file (ext/vipaka/navbar/styles/all/template/event/overall_header_page_body_before.html) to the event placement you would prefer (event_name.html).

This link has a full list of currently available events.

https://wiki.phpbb.com/Event_List
KhurramMunawar
Name: Khurram Munawar

Post by KhurramMunawar »

thanks vipaka

just to let u know that, if the parent link is not a link and leads to sub menu.
It is not functional in touch screen

Have a look at this issue,

and if u add some styling in font in acp, like bold , italic etc. The extension will be amazing.

Thanks
Get Free Traffic To Your Website
Trafficonic.com - Free Traffic To Your Website
wkuzma

Post by wkuzma »

Just a question
The dropdown fuction centers the links on the menu bar perfectly
the horizonal slider and phpbb functions have the links on the left side of the bar
is this normal?
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

wkuzma wrote:Just a question
the horizonal slider and phpbb functions have the links on the left side of the bar
is this normal?
Yes
wkuzma

Post by wkuzma »

vipaka wrote:
wkuzma wrote:Just a question
is this normal?
Yes

Thanks
TheStigP11GT

Post by TheStigP11GT »

Would it be possible to have an option to add a separator.

example: Home • Another Page • Other Site

Also an option to change the font and whether you can make it bold.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”