Forgot admin password, please help

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
djorlando

Forgot admin password, please help

Post by djorlando »

Hi. I forgot the admin password and i tried changing manually the encrypted pw from phpmyadmin but is not working. I tried even to run a query that creates a temporary admin account taken from here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2145919 ..Not working either , does not create the user inside phpbb_users table. And yes the class prefix is phpbb_ .Thank you.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Forgot admin password, please help

Post by KevC »

Why not click the 'I forgot my password' link?
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
djorlando

Post by djorlando »

i did but i have problems with my server email system also :( .Any other method please?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Register a new account.
In the users table of the database, make the user_type 3
Open the board’s /cache folder on the server and delete everything except index.htm and .htaccess.

You should be ale to log in with that account and reset your own password.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
djorlando

Post by djorlando »

Ok, i will. But why this query does not work on phpbb 3.1 also?

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_from, user_icq, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_jabber, user_website, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', '[email protected]', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '');
And also every change i make inside phpbb_users table like password or email ,is like they are not updated at all ( i have deleted the cache files also after every change )
Last edited by djorlando on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

because the files in 3.1 are different from 3.0
very little from 3.0 will work with 3.1

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
djorlando

Post by djorlando »

Then can you please tell me a similar sql query like the one above for 3.1 ?
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_jabber, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', '[email protected]', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '');
djkomi wrote:And also every change i make inside phpbb_users table like password or email ,is like they are not updated at all ( i have deleted the cache files also after every change )
Don't change data directly in the database unless you know what you are doing and understand the ramifications. User passwords are not stored in the database only a salted hash of them is. There are controls in the ACP and UCP for properly changing user passwords and email addresses.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
Lumpy Burgertushie

this should work:

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_jabber, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', '[email protected]', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '');

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
djorlando

Post by djorlando »

Great ,sql created..but now it says wrong password/user.
What are exactly the username and password? i tried username: Admin1 password: admin
Lumpy Burgertushie

did you check to see if your table prefix is phpbb_

are you accessing the correct datbase that your board is actually using?

robert

david63

Post by david63 »

Password is admin1
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Lumpy Burgertushie

david63 wrote:Password is admin1
not in the query I posted above. it is supposed to be admin

OP, remember, the password is case sensitive. admin is correct. Admin is not.

robert

djorlando

Post by djorlando »

Thanks a lot for your great help guys, is ok now. Yes the password is admin .It was because of the cache files,soon as i have deleted them was ok.
Lumpy Burgertushie

be sure to change the password for that account or simply delete it once you get your main admin account working properly.

if you do NOT at least change the password from admin to something else, anyone reading this will be able to log into your board as admin.

don't want that.

robert

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”