Simply Merge Threads

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
52%
Very Good
20%
Good
11%
Fair
5%
Poor
12%

Total votes: 124

onigumo

Post by onigumo »

onigumo wrote: Do I have to add that topics list portion? If not, which parts can I skip?
I write articles on community building
@ The Infinity Program.
Homeskillet

Post by Homeskillet »

Here are some merge icons for anyone who wants them. Mod author, feel free to include them in future downloads.

Charcoal

SubBlack

onigumo

Post by onigumo »

Can you make one for Boyz and smartDark, please. :)

Any idea about my question?
I write articles on community building
@ The Infinity Program.
hoofinitnorth

Post by hoofinitnorth »

OK, in way late here (newbie alert!). I am using a template called subTrail, which is modeled after subSilver. I am having trouble with the merge mod... I installed it using Easy Mod but the merge buttons/options do not seem to show up anywhere on my templates... If I go in to moderate a forum, there is still no choice available for merging topics. :(

I manually confirmed all the changes have been made, as far as I can see, but the option is still not showing up in moderator mode. I can't merge topics.

I posted somewhere else and they told me to post here because they said it's a subTrail issue. I can't see how that is the case since it doesn't work in subSilver for me either.

I've read up on that but the SQL is all greek to me (I do not have Shell access). Hints?
hoofinitnorth

Post by hoofinitnorth »

His Holiness The Dude wrote: For those that are wondering:

1. Access merge.php by pushing the >< button at the bottom of the screen when viewing the contents of a thread. You cannot access it from anywhere else.

THANK YOU! That did it for me (for now at least). The buttons for accessing merge.php are nonexistent in my templates (yes, even subSilver), but this clue told me just to go there manually. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Now, how do we fix the problem?
Gideon5L2F

phpBB 2.2

Post by Gideon5L2F »

Is this mod (or equivent) going to be included in the new phpBB version thats coming out early this year?
AlannaV

Post by AlannaV »

The MOD actually merges threads fine. But when I'm at the "Merge Screen" to input the mergee, the merger, and the name for the final mess, there are buttons to "Select" the thread at each window. If I click on either one of these buttons, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/ndp/public_html/phpBB2/includes/functions_admin.php on line 60

I checked, and line 60 of functions_admin.php is:
$front_pic = $forums->get_front_pic();

The problem for me, for troubleshooting where to look next is, I am trying to learn php but I am having trouble getting a handle on objects and classes and other oop related stuffs. So can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this? It's not a HUGE deal since I can still merge the threads but it bothers me having any errors.

I should probably also mention at this point I installed your Categories Hierarchy MOD (fantastic piece of work, btw), which might be part of the issue.
Last edited by AlannaV on Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlannaV

Post by AlannaV »

[Double post.. how embarrassing! ] :oops:
bcs10

Post by bcs10 »

i installed this mod a while back for someone else.. and now i want to install it... but my problem is i recall doing db updates while installing it... yet i can not find the db updates in the file i just downloaded... are there db updates that need to be made??
/DD
bcs10

Post by bcs10 »

bcs10 wrote: i installed this mod a while back for someone else.. and now i want to install it... but my problem is i recall doing db updates while installing it... yet i can not find the db updates in the file i just downloaded... are there db updates that need to be made??
hu?
/DD
Windborn

Post by Windborn »

I just installed this mod. There are no db updates to be made.
sumeet

Post by sumeet »

Do I have to install the two mods that the changes speak of? Or will simply copying the files as indicated work fine?
quolo

Post by quolo »

Just EasyModded this up, that's all it took. All functional in 2.0.13. Jim dandy.
sneader

EasyModded?

Post by sneader »

Newbie alert! Whooop.... Whoooop....

What is "EasyModded"?

- Scott
bcs10

Post by bcs10 »

Windborn wrote: I just installed this mod. There are no db updates to be made.
thanks for the help.
/DD

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”