[ABD] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
gothick
Name: Matt Gibson

[ABD] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Post by gothick »

Extension Name: reCAPTCHA 2.0
Author: gothick

Extension Description: CAPTCHA extension that uses the new tickybox-style reCAPTCHA 2.0.

Extension Version: 0.1.1

Requirements:
  • Needs reCAPTCHA site and secret keys to be configured.
  • Requires curl (or https stream wrappers working on file_get_contents())
  • Requires the ability to reach the reCAPTCHA servers (url: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify) from your phpBB server.
  • Requires JavaScript—there is no non-JavaScript fallback for reCAPTCHA 2.0, as far as I can tell.
Features:
  • Use the interesting new reCAPTCHA 2.0 anti-spam as a standard CAPTCHA plugin.
  • Supports prosilver and subsilver2 styles
  • English, Russian, French, Japanese, Italian, Dutch, Traditional Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, Ukrainian and German language translations. (Thanks everyone!)
Screenshots:

Extension Download: ZIP: https://github.com/gothick/phpbb-ext-re ... ptcha2.zip

This has now been in use on a few live sites and has reached release candidate status.

All feedback welcomed. For specific issues, you may want to raise an issue on the GitHub repo.
Last edited by gothick on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 12 times in total.
DesignerMix

Re: [ALPHA] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Post by DesignerMix »

Yeah, i wait for this extension! I will try it and if found any trouble i will feedback. Thanks!!!

PS: Sorry for my english
gothick

Post by gothick »

DesignerMix wrote:Yeah, i wait for this extension! I will try it and if found any trouble i will feedback. Thanks!!!
Great, thanks for trying it!

Cheers,

Matt
DesignerMix

Post by DesignerMix »

I use phpBB 3.1.3, install this extension, then in configuration i enter Public Key and Private Key (that i use on previous reCapthca).
New reCaptcha displayed correctly and i can solve it. This work fine.

But when i try Register and when i click Submit i get this error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Class 'gothick\recaptcha2\google\ReCaptcha' not found in /home/dmyt/dmyt.ru/docs/forum/ext/gothick/recaptcha2/captcha/recaptcha2.php on line 262
Same error i get when try to download file from "file archive". For file archive i use Download Extension by Hotschi.

Hope this information helpfull.
gothick

Post by gothick »

DesignerMix wrote:I use phpBB 3.1.3, install this extension, then in configuration i enter Public Key and Private Key (that i use on previous reCapthca).
New reCaptcha displayed correctly and i can solve it. This work fine.

But when i try Register and when i click Submit i get this error:

Fatal error: Class 'gothick\recaptcha2\google\ReCaptcha' not found in /home/dmyt/dmyt.ru/docs/forum/ext/gothick/recaptcha2/captcha/recaptcha2.php on line 262
Same error i get when try to download file from "file archive". For file archive i use Download Extension by Hotschi.

Hope this information helpfull.
Yup, that'll be very helpful, I'm sure, thanks. I've got some spare time this morning, so I'll see if I can figure out what's going wrong right now!

Regards,

Matt
gothick

Post by gothick »

DesignerMix wrote:

Strange. I can't reproduce this; I've tried in OS X and CentOS, under a virtual machine. Can you confirm that the file .../ext/gothick/recaptcha2/google/recaptcha.php exists, and seems to have code in it, please? And what version of PHP you're running?

Thanks!

Matt
gothick

Post by gothick »

DesignerMix wrote:

Hi!

I'm still not sure what's going on, but I've got some vague suspicions! I've updated the extension with a possible fix. Can you try version 0.0.2 (updated link in the first post above) and see if it works any better? (Don't forget to disable the current version of the extension first :) )

Thanks,

Matt
DesignerMix

Post by DesignerMix »

PHP Version 5.3.13
curl

i have and HTTP and HTTPS (on both protocol i have the same error)

i will try 0.0.2 ver.
DesignerMix

Post by DesignerMix »

I disable extension 0.0.1 then delete information and then delete files from server, after that i download ver. 0.0.2 and install. But have the same error.

You can watch at this error on my forum - http://dmyt.ru/forum/ucp.php?mode=register
gothick

Post by gothick »

Okay, last try for today: I've uploaded version 0.0.3 and updated the first post with a link to the new zip. Cross your fingers!

Cheers,

Matt
DesignerMix

Post by DesignerMix »

Version 0.0.3 work fine. Thanks.
gothick

Post by gothick »

Hurrah! Thank you for the testing, that was very useful.
Ephemeraboy
Name: Bernando Bona Tius Sianipar

Post by Ephemeraboy »

Hi..
Can i request feature
that this ext futurely can be used together with Question & Answer captha inside phpbb
so,
My diary, my notepad, and my life on
http://www.bonatius.com
DesignerMix

Post by DesignerMix »

gothick, found not serious error:
in description for users ('GOTHICK_RECAPTCHA2_EXPLAIN') "...confirm you’re human using Google’s reCAPTCHA sservice." double S

And i see some another trouble but right now can't describe it... Not all users see reCaptcha. I didn't know what is that but i try to understand :geek:
gothick

Post by gothick »

DesignerMix wrote:gothick, found not serious error:
in description for users ('GOTHICK_RECAPTCHA2_EXPLAIN') "...confirm you’re human using Google’s reCAPTCHA sservice." double S

And i see some another trouble but right now can't describe it... Not all users see reCaptcha. I didn't know what is that but i try to understand :geek:
Thanks, I've fixed the typo ready for the next release I do. Anything you can find out about the other problem would be great, please keep digging!

Cheers,

Matt

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”