[CDB] Ajax Chat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
floxx

Re: [ALPHA] Ajax Chat

Post by floxx » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:03 pm

spaceace wrote:
Sshadow wrote:Loooks great except when I try to toggle on "Enable Who is chatting box:" and click enable then Save the box stays disabled.

Edit - It looks like that option was not added to the DB when I upgraded.
floxx wrote:I have the same problem, and after update, it's impossible to send a message in the shout, the "submit" button doesn't work :?

So, I've downgraded, and waiting for a fix :D
when upgrading, due to so many things possibly changing.
  1. disable extension
  2. delete data
  3. delete files from server
  4. upload new files
  5. enable extension
also, this should not be used on a live site as i see some that are doing this ;)

if you have modified any templates, you might want to wait as the templates could change daily and some functions depend on the changes made to them. they will also be getting a major update after Sniper_E gets done reworking the template layout and the responsive elements are put in place for mobile use. remember, this is in Alpha :lol:
Thanks for the answer !
Yes, I know this is an Alpha (a great Alpha ! ;) ) and i'm testing your ext, I've read the warning about live site, but I'm the only responsible if something goes wrong :D

EDIT : Working correctly oh yeah ;)

floxx

Post by floxx » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:20 pm

Report for a little bug :

When you post a link in the chat, it appears just like a normal text (1) BUT, if you post something in the text area with the link, it appears an url (2).

1/ First example :

2/ Second example :

Good luck :p

jimi007

Post by jimi007 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:27 pm

I have tested it on 3.1.3 and its seems registered user can delete the chat messages for any one.

Is there any permission to allow or disallow for groups ?

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:54 pm

jimi007 wrote:I have tested it on 3.1.3 and its seems registered user can delete the chat messages for any one.

there are permissions for deleting messages. on a clean install, all the permissions work exactly as they should with only global mods and admins having permission to delete. if your registered users can delete, then you have a permission set wrong somewhere on your board. also note, if you are an admin testing a users permissions, then you will indeed still see the delete button in chat as chat is picking up on your U_ACP permissions.

jimi007

Post by jimi007 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:00 pm

spaceace wrote:
jimi007 wrote:I have tested it on 3.1.3 and its seems registered user can delete the chat messages for any one.

there are permissions for deleting messages. on a clean install, all the permissions work exactly as they should with only global mods and admins having permission to delete. if your registered users can delete, then you have a permission set wrong somewhere on your board. also note, if you are an admin testing a users permissions, then you will indeed still see the delete button in chat as chat is picking up on your U_ACP permissions.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes I have just changed administrator permission to user and tested.... lazy to create new user account..

Test with new registered user account soon and let you know

jimi007

Post by jimi007 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Just tested with new registered user account and now I cannot delete my own chat messages. I think user who have posted a messages can delete its own messages ? or rule is something else

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:30 pm

jimi007 wrote:Just tested with new registered user account and now I cannot delete my own chat messages. I think user who have posted a messages can delete its own messages ? or rule is something else
users cannot delete their own messages. only members with admin or mod permissions can delete unless you give a user moderator permissions to delete messages. but then they can delete them all. there are no per user message delete permissions.

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:32 pm

another update to the files on github

some issues got fixed and some functions got changed as well as adding more to the ACP for settings. too many things to list ;)

update process:
  1. disable extension
  2. delete data
  4. upload new files from github
  5. enable extension

Majkell

Post by Majkell » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:51 pm

spaceace wrote:another update to the files on github

some issues got fixed and some functions got changed as well as adding more to the ACP for settings. too many things to list ;)

update process:
  1. disable extension
  2. delete data
  5. enable extension
Thanks, works great but I have 2 errors:
When i clik on archive:
Fatal error: Class 'spaceace\ajaxchat\controller\archive' not found in /cache/container_dotslash.php on line 2569

and on popup:
Fatal error: Class 'spaceace\ajaxchat\controller\popup' not found in /cache/container_dotslash.php on line 2595
and when not log in:

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:04 am

Majkell wrote:

update process:
  1. disable extension
  2. delete data
  5. enable extension
Thanks, works great but I have 2 errors:
When i clik on archive:
Fatal error: Class 'spaceace\ajaxchat\controller\archive' not found in /cache/container_dotslash.php on line 2569

and on popup:
Fatal error: Class 'spaceace\ajaxchat\controller\popup' not found in /cache/container_dotslash.php on line 2595
and when not log in:
it seems that fixing 1 issue causes other issues. still being worked on ;)

stratege1401

Post by stratege1401 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:07 am

update process:
  1. disable extension
  2. delete data
  5. enable extension

FR translation

Last edited by stratege1401 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
French World of Tank and Other games Forums
http://www.forum.fasx.org/phpbb/index.php

jobbesat

Post by jobbesat » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:28 am

Why am I the only stupid dumbass whom chatbox doesn't show at all and when I install it the entire forum doesn't show up? :( :(
In the "installation" on first page it's written "Copy the entire contents of the repository to ext/spaceace/ajaxchat". I don't think it's correct, isn't it?

Maybe the problem is that I'm on 3.1.3 version?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:15 am

jobbesat wrote:Why am I the only stupid dumbass whom chatbox doesn't show at all and when I install it the entire forum doesn't show up? :( :(
In the "installation" on first page it's written "Copy the entire contents of the repository to ext/spaceace/ajaxchat". I don't think it's correct, isn't it?

Maybe the problem is that I'm on 3.1.3 version?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
one thing that causes that issue is the minimum requirement of php 5.4 is not met.

leschek

Post by leschek » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:04 pm

Thanks for the extension.
I did little bit of testing and it seems that there is small issue with chat rule message. If I write there non English characters it will show them as question marks on index and in ACP too (after submitting the form).

jobbesat

Post by jobbesat » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:03 pm

spaceace wrote:one thing that causes that issue is the minimum requirement of php 5.4 is not met.
You're right, I'm on 5.3.14.
Thanks a lot.

Return to “Extensions in Development”