[MODDB]Categories hierarchy - sub-forums v2.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:53 pm

> sjfierce : are your config values for domain name and script path correctly defined ? If yes, check in page_header.php you have the correct template affectation for I_SPACER. If you can find any missing parameter, add a _dump($images); after the template->assign_vars() with this I_SPACER in page_header.php to see what's the url for the $images['spacer'] entry.

> javispedro : the problem is a little more complicated : you have to link the forums table to get the forum_order value, and to set a range in selection on this between the order of the main forum and the last child forum order read from the $forums->data[] array. You can check what is done in the refresh() method from the class_forums.php : a similar things is done in order to get the last post from only a branch. As I said before, it will increase the page generation time.

javispedro

Post by javispedro » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:39 pm

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > javispedro : the problem is a little more complicated : you have to link the forums table to get the forum_order value, and to set a range in selection on this between the order of the main forum and the last child forum order read from the $forums->data[] array. You can check what is done in the refresh() method from the class_forums.php : a similar things is done in order to get the last post from only a branch. As I said before, it will increase the page generation time.

And cacheing is not inside my coding domains.... I'll better leaving as is, or doing just a two level subs scan ;).

plastikaa

Post by plastikaa » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:12 pm

Ive got it working - thanks.

TurtleX

Post by TurtleX » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:23 pm

xellos16 wrote: Can someone help me fix the:

SQL requests not achieved

problem?
I just had that same problem but mine was with the phpbb_sessions table. I don't know what happened, anyway I fixed it by repairing the sessions table through phpmyadmin.

sjfierce

Post by sjfierce » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:49 pm

I don't quite understand. In config.php the values are correct. In includes/page_header.php is the following:

Code: Select all

//-- mod : categories hierarchy ------------------------------------------------
//-- add
if ( !empty($config->data['site_fav_icon']) )
{
	$nav_links_html .= '<link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="' . $user->img($config->data['site_fav_icon']) . '">';
}
$nav_links_html .= "\n" . '<link rel="copyright" href="http://phpBB.com" title="phpBB.com" />';
$template->assign_vars(array(
	'L_PREFERENCES' => $lang['Preferences'],
	'U_PREFERENCES' => $config->url('usercp', '', true),
	'I_SPACER' => $user->img('spacer'),
));
//-- fin mod : categories hierarchy --------------------------------------------
Where exactly would i add _dump($images); ?

I have experienced trouble with caching before. Is anyone else having the same trouble if they do the following:
Install latest dev pack (Jan 16), assign no default message icon to normal posts, and then make a post with 'No icon'.

Dan39

Post by Dan39 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:59 am

Got up a brand new forum and wanted this mod, so I got the pre-modded files. Uploaded all those, did SQL, and then edited subBlack also... but now it just goes to the install_cat/install.php showing

The board is currently under maintenance : please retry later.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
the management.

Something I forgot to do here?

Please help,
Thanks

omega13a

Post by omega13a » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:20 am

Are you logged into your account? I had something similar happen when I tried modifing my board after I deleted all my cookies...
A fish without a bicycle cannot contemplate his navel.

drdevil

Post by drdevil » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:20 am

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > drdevil : redownload the pack and retry : see my notice below.

Thanks, now its working greate. one more question, do this mod work with Profile Control Panel mod???

Hater

Post by Hater » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:52 am

drdevil wrote:
Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote:> drdevil : redownload the pack and retry : see my notice below.

Thanks, now its working greate. one more question, do this mod work with Profile Control Panel mod???

This has been answered several times, but I will save you the time and say again, Not without indepth modification. The new PCP release will follow the release of this MOD.

Dan39

Post by Dan39 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:42 am

delete this post
Last edited by Dan39 on Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trv

Post by trv » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:44 pm

will cat. hierarchy be compatible with Olympus (phpbb3.0.0) ? Will there be a conversion script?

Dan39

Post by Dan39 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:30 pm

figured it out on my own...

thanks anyways
Last edited by Dan39 on Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plastikaa

Post by plastikaa » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:50 pm

Found a small error in this mod:

If the latest registered user is deleted from the board they still appear to be the latest registered user on the bottom of the page under the 'Who is online' heading. Also the number of users is wrong too. This line:
We have 'number' registered users :: The newest registered user is 'username'

You might want to get this fixed if its not too much work for the next release.

Dan39

Post by Dan39 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:50 pm

Whenever I try to do sometin in ACP under Forum Admin>Management like create, delete, move, it jsut says "Not Authorised"

Whats wrong here? Do I have to be the top admin to do this stuff(like the admin account created with board)?

drdevil

Post by drdevil » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:08 am

plastikaa wrote: Found a small error in this mod:

If the latest registered user is deleted from the board they still appear to be the latest registered user on the bottom of the page under the 'Who is online' heading. Also the number of users is wrong too. This line:
We have 'number' registered users :: The newest registered user is 'username'

You might want to get this fixed if its not too much work for the next release.

I'm having different problem. Its always showing 1 registed member. and the 1st registed member (admin) as newest registed member. :roll:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”