[CDB] phpBB Gallery

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
leschek

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Post by leschek »

Just a question or an idea for the future version of the gallery.

Now is possible to select if in user's profile are user's random or/and recent images or nothing. But those images are changing when user uploads more images to gallery. I think it would be great if there is in gallery personal album just for pictures in user's profile, so user would have control over images shown in his/her profile. With other words - user would be able to show only certain images in his/her profile.

I can imagine it as option in UCP - "Manage personal albums" - "Create profile album" or as option for personal album setting - "Assign this album to your profile".

Or maybe it can be done as option for image - "Show this image in my profile".

Plus in option in ACP - phpBB integration - "Mode of “Recent- & Random-Images“-Feature in the profile" would be one more option "Images from user's profile album" or "Profile images".
JörgCH

Post by JörgCH »

Hi together....

I use the we_universal style and have a small problem with the link to the user gallery in the profile.....

It's not showing...

Any tipps for my to find the issue?

Regards Jörg
donsenilo
Name: Markus

Post by donsenilo »

hi

great work !!!

but is it possible to view the newest images on the index-page ?
mj1985

Post by mj1985 »

Lucifer4o wrote:
mj1985 wrote:Hey,
I just installed the extension, works fine so far.
I also use phpbbseo (the extension), and would like to keep my old URLs before migration.

This is the old mod:
http://downloads.phpbb-seo.com/phpbb-se ... ry-70.html
(I think that is not the latest mod, I might find the latest zip in my download-folder)

Should I ask you or the phpbbseo developer to update the mod?
Please do - this is new extension with new ways to build the URLs. He should take a look and corect his rom, or better yet - if he can make a "switchable" patch for core it will be appritiated. If not - I can set this for 1.2.2 and add it my self.
Hey,
I didn't received any answer from the origin developer, yet.
Let me know if you need a tester, I still have my installation on my test-enviroment ^^
www.drhouse-forum.de - House MD Forum
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Uploaded all files in zip package to /ext/satanasov/phpbbgallery and it's still not showing up in Manage Extensions to enable it.
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Komanche

Post by Komanche »

is it possible to show demo somewhere? I registered on the forum provided, bud didn't received activation email...
Satanasov
Name: Stanislav Atanasov

Post by Satanasov »

Jessica wrote:Uploaded all files in zip package to /ext/satanasov/phpbbgallery and it's still not showing up in Manage Extensions to enable it.
You should upload it to - /ext/phpbbgallery
For list of all my extensions go to https://github.com/satanasov
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

Ah, thanks.

In the UCP, it seems like one of the modules didn't install correctly? It says UCP_GALLERY_FAVORITES and clicking on it gives me this:
ucpgalleryissue.PNG
EDIT: Is there supposed to be no "New Image" button?

EDIT #2: Get an error when "returning to album" -- No route found for "GET /ascraeus/gallery/album/2"

Also, the whole site background is white and basically broken on the url http://chenschool.elementfx.com/ascraeu ... ry/album/2:
returntoalbum.PNG
EDIT #3: Is image count (which is a link) not supposed to appear in the mini profile (in posts)? And same with the album image that would go under "Contacts"?
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

Jessica wrote:Ah, thanks.

In the UCP, it seems like one of the modules didn't install correctly? It says UCP_GALLERY_FAVORITES and clicking on it gives me this:
ucpgalleryissue.PNG
EDIT: Is there supposed to be no "New Image" button?

EDIT #2: Get an error when "returning to album" -- No route found for "GET /ascraeus/gallery/album/2"

Also, the whole site background is white and basically broken on the url http://chenschool.elementfx.com/ascraeu ... ry/album/2:
returntoalbum.PNG
EDIT #3: Is image count (which is a link) not supposed to appear in the mini profile (in posts)? And same with the album image that would go under "Contacts"?
One by one ...

I will check UCP_GALLERY_FAVORITES.
Edit: It appears there is no Gallery Favorites module. So I will remove it from migration (please remove it manually).

What do you mean by New Image button? Where?

Oh ... GIve me few minutes to fix return to album route (I always forget about it).
Back album url in meta_refresh should be fixed (added tests)

I never thought of adding image count in mini profile and I now see the issue contact fields ... getting on it.
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

The New Image button that you click to upload new images - the mod had a button for it (it's supposed to look similar to "New Topic" or "Post Reply")
Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

Jessica wrote:The New Image button that you click to upload new images - the mod had a button for it (it's supposed to look similar to "New Topic" or "Post Reply")
There is Upload images top of the page.
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

I know that - but isn't it supposed to be a button, like the New Topic button?
newimagebutton.PNG
newimagebutton.PNG (7.16 KiB) Viewed 856 times
Gallery mod installed on a 3.0 test board of mine
Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

Jessica wrote:I know that - but isn't it supposed to be a button, like the New Topic button?
newimagebutton.PNG
Gallery mod installed on a 3.0 test board of mine
Oh ... I don't know - the original code was with upload image link, so I preferred keeping with it. If you think this is better I will be glad to add the button to the albums (it's something cosmetic and I, personally, prefer it this way).
Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

@Jessica - I will stop working on the contact field for now. I will leave it for the next version as I just don't want to start from the beginning with this.
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

I'd like the button added, if you don't mind too much :P

Also, would this feature from the mod be added (in next version)?:
insertimageintopost.PNG

Return to “Extensions in Development”