[ABD] wysiwyg bbcode : SCEditor

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
nassim99

[ABD] wysiwyg bbcode : SCEditor

Post by nassim99 »

Extension Name: wysiwyg bbcode editor
Author: nassim99

Extension Description: add wysiwyg bbcode editor (sceditor) to your posting page

Extension Version: 1.0.0

Screenshots: none yet

Github Repository: https://github.com/nassim99/wysiwygsced ... ree/master

Extension Download: https://github.com/nassim99/wysiwygsced ... master.zip

how to install

copy nassim/ Folder to phpbb 3.1 ext/ Folder
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Re: [BETA] wysiwyg bbcode : SCEditor

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

I like, nice work.
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

Did you test this already?
This file: https://github.com/nassim99/wysiwygsced ... after.html
Seem to be wrong. You are executing code on an object that is not defined by the time it is executed.

Other than that... ... It seems like it can cover the tinny basics of what it is to put SCE working with phpBB.
SalazarAG

Post by SalazarAG »

Good day! The extension is excellent and what I sought but not found. Thank you so much.

How does not support topic, I would like to report some bugs and errors. I noticed that when you install the extension, it means that conflicts with the standard quick response of phpBB, and when the page is slow, you see the editor and the quick response of phpBB, one below the other.

The extension also makes them useless bbcodes standards such as spoiler. The "quote" is also unusable, and to quote a member the quote above is broken.

In the most is excellent, awaiting the new versions with the fixes. Congratulations!

PS: Note that I used a translator to write this text, I'm from Brazil and I'm not at all good in English haha Hug!
I'm sorry for my English. Google Translator does a bad job. :D
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

spoiler is not a standard bbcode in phpbb.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

It just looks wonderfull like an Wordpress Editor and working really nice so far.

The only bad thing I noticed after aktivation it already screw up some of the bbcodes, like center, right, left and so on that got added all over the board. Even the announcement extension didn't show their bbcodes the right way. The only thing I see was {center]Text[/center]. It seems it screw up to bbcodes table with customs bbcode and mess up the complete forum view. After disable this display error is still not got, and I don't know any way to reparse the complete database that the forum display all knows codes correct again.

Only chance to get things back was database restore from the day before. If the extension will be able to see what kind of custom bbcode inside the database and did not screw up all texts, even without doing or editing them, it would be the perfect system.

But I also need a modification for dark styles.
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

Extension Developments:
PHPBB Games Solitaire, MChat Poker, MChat Black Jack, MChat Cards, MChat Trivia
PHPBB Special Effects, Mousepointers, X-Mas Themes and Designs for PBWoW Style.
Supported work: (**New Updated** UCP Sidebar), Tables, Hide, PBWow3 Style
yasser33311
Name: yasser ghe

Post by yasser33311 »

i like this
PhpBB Services - install, update, upgrade, customize: PM
superl

Post by superl »

The error mention above I have them to, but what make me uninstall it for the moment was the height of the editor, yes I know we can pull it down but I can't ask all my user to know about that, it should at least be twice of the height that we have now.

Don't get me wrong I see a great future in this extension, this is a much miss editor in phpbb. I will follow
ac_roma

Post by ac_roma »

nice and useful work ;)
El_Lagarto

Post by El_Lagarto »

Two more issues:

1. Smilies get inserted using the smilies' code, which isn't a big deal, but if it's a WYSIWYG editor, I think most folks might like to actually see the smiley and not the code.

2. Inserting smilies from the pop-up box that appears after you click "more smilies" doesn't work at all.
BryanFR

Post by BryanFR »

This extension will make a success after its launch, people will be able to make the new layouts on their forums! Thank you thousand times continues to ensure that your extension or update you are the first to offer it to us and this extension will complement that already for the extension of the pages create by VSE.
I'm student in the life based in France. My community is : http://www.thebryx.cf
brunoais

Post by brunoais »

BryanFR wrote:This extension will make a success after its launch, people will be able to make the new layouts on their forums! Thank you thousand times continues to ensure that your extension or update you are the first to offer it to us and this extension will complement that already for the extension of the pages create by VSE.
I think this extension is still too incomplete.
I also wonder if it will ever make sense to exist...
BryanFR

Post by BryanFR »

brunoais wrote:I think this extension is still too incomplete.
The extension is incomplete, I can also confirm. Missing the display of custom BBCode.

However, the extension will be very useful, because people don't necessarily like the BBcode, so this extension will help them.

Furthermore, accommodation as Forumotion have this kind of editor and people like it a lot, it is a success.
I think that the extension could also allow HTML.
I'm student in the life based in France. My community is : http://www.thebryx.cf
david63

Post by david63 »

BryanFR wrote:I think that the extension could also allow HTML.
The extension might, phpBB will not and neither will any of my (and I would guess at many others) boards
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
brunoais

Post by brunoais »

BryanFR wrote:
brunoais wrote:I think this extension is still too incomplete.
However, the extension will be very useful, because people don't necessarily like the BBcode, so this extension will help them.
After phpBB has SCE integrated into it :)?

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”