Multi Ranks

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
Lazy2000

Re: Multi Ranks

Post by Lazy2000 »

+1
if you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.
systemcrack

Post by systemcrack »

+1
Sorry for my bad English ..
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

I would also be most grareful for such an addon/extension

Bottom line, we call it Ranks, but soemtimes is better utilized to mark various other representations of forum members.
hasanmak

Post by hasanmak »

I need this extensions :(
a[c]e

Post by a[c]e »

This is obviously much sought after!

Anybody with enough knowledge to create this extension?? :roll:
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

The original Mod along with its addon/plugin would be much appreciated and highly utilized i think.

As pointed out, apparently a lot of interest
supanet

Post by supanet »

Time for another reminder of how much everyone in this thread wants someone to re-write this mod as an extension for phpBB 3.1.4
Multiple ranks not linked to user groups

PLEEEEEASE :D
a[c]e

Post by a[c]e »

I remember when I used phpBB 2 a LOT years ago.. My experience was that requesting mod/ext was quick and people were lining up to help and create. This can not be said about the current version? What happened?! This mod is requested by a lot of people for several weeks, but still nothin' :cry:
david63

Post by david63 »

a[c]e wrote:I remember when I used phpBB 2 a LOT years ago.. My experience was that requesting mod/ext was quick and people were lining up to help and create. This can not be said about the current version? What happened?! This mod is requested by a lot of people for several weeks, but still nothin' :cry:
There are many reasons why extensions are not being done as fast as you would like, not least that most of us also have a life outside of phpBB.

Another reason is that creating extensions is a new "learning curve" which takes time and couple that with the fact that some old "mods" just will not convert to extensions without the addition of events.

The writing of extensions is by no means a "closed shop" and you are more than welcome to create some.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

The writing of extensions is by no means a "closed shop" and you are more than welcome to create some.
Indeed....working on this myself.....I am sorry that my learning curve is more extreme than others, and will take time....at this point, a LOT of time.

Be patient folks....many of these are coming along, but only some many can be done at once ;)
supanet

Post by supanet »

david63 wrote:There are many reasons why extensions are not being done as fast as you would like, not least that most of us also have a life outside of phpBB.

Another reason is that creating extensions is a new "learning curve" which takes time and couple that with the fact that some old "mods" just will not convert to extensions without the addition of events.

I understand all of these things, all I am asking is that someone would at least consider taking it on.
Or if it is not possible to convert to an extension then can someone please let me know and I will stop requesting it. :mrgreen:
a[c]e

Post by a[c]e »

*bump*
supanet

Post by supanet »

bumpity bump. :D
Alpha Kitten

Post by Alpha Kitten »

+1