[ABD] wysiwyg bbcode : SCEditor

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Max_69

Re: [BETA] wysiwyg bbcode : SCEditor

Post by Max_69 »

Please..insert paste from word bbcode.

R00f

Post by R00f »

any news support?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I wouldn't be in any hurry. they have been trying for years to get a wysiwyg editor in phpbb and have not been able to get one to work properly yet.

I don't think there are enough good coders that see a need for it in phpbb so there is not likely to be any rush for someone to create this.

I am not a coder but I too do not see any need for this in phpbb. however, that is another discussion.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

umarizal
Name: Leandro dos Santos

Post by umarizal »

This extension is fantastic!
EN: Do to others what you would want them to do to you.
ES: Haz a los demás todo lo que quieras que te hagan a ti.
PT: Faça aos outros o que você gostaria que fizessem a você.

R00f

Post by R00f »

Any NEWS? i lost forums users, because my forum have not NORMAL editor for users! Help

.m.

Post by .m. »

^ please see viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2307121&start=30#p14066336 (once again)
why don't you try available version of this extension on your forum ..

MuhClaren

Post by MuhClaren »

brunoais wrote:
.m. wrote: as improving this SCeditor extension requires some changes in phpBB system files
In that case, leave this to me. I'm nearly finished with this; I will just need some finishing touches and cleanup that mess of commits. There is no ETA for the usable release because it depends on my availability.
Target phpBB version: 3.2.0

:o

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

R00f wrote:Any NEWS? i lost forums users, because my forum have not NORMAL editor for users! Help
I really doubt that you are losing any members because you dont' have the extra thing of a wyiswyg editor.

having this type of editor for something like a basic bulletin board\ where most people are just posting text is not "NORMAL" it would be something extra, only used by a few.

sorry, just my rant.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

bjoer751

Post by bjoer751 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:having this type of editor for something like a basic bulletin board\ where most people are just posting text is not "NORMAL" it would be something extra, only used by a few.
I'm sorry, but I just cannot understand this position you are taking.

People are getting more and more used to being able to see in a WYSIWYG type-of-editor what their input will look like, in real-time. And that's regarding anything, from font size, font weight, colours, bulleted/numbered lists, inserting images - to inserting links to Tweets, items from newssites, videos on Youtube/whatever.
You don't want to use a lot of (more or less easily interpreted) special codes, then press "preview" - and quite possibly see some kind of error which you have to correct - and the press Preview again...
Remember - most of the end-users are not especially computer savvy, they are common people who want to communicate as easily as possible with others - and they crave to use some formatting - whether it's just for fun, or to emphasize something important.

I did use Wordperfect from version 1.0 - quite extensively - and loved it. But, that didn't mean that I did not understand the benefits of a WYSIWYG mode for wordprocessing when that was developed.

Just because you are used to phpBB, used to BBCodes, used to the editor in phpBB - that doesn't mean that the rest of the world share the same background, does it?
Why would you not be interested in makeing the platform more easy to understand and use for people who do not have the long background with phpBB that you have? Those who are young today, who have learnt to work with WYSIWYG in school (MS Word and similar), who wants to use drag-and-drop to easily insert images, and so on. Shouldn't they "feel at home" in forums?

Just my rant //Björn

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

Using PHPBB since Version 2.x and I always was disappointed by the posting editor. Always found an mod or now called extension for getting a much better one. I'm happy having people who code something like this: Advanced BBCode Box also customizable for own and new upcoming BBCode. On wordpress I was happy having something like Tiny MCE.

And now this editor here. Ok ist does not match for darkstyled boards but I think this could be done. It's just a pain to see that over 10 years using PHPBB no beter editor got added and must we all wait for PHPBB 4.0 come out with one good editor and a standard light and dark background ??

I really hope not and this project is pushed forward to the next future really soon.
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

umarizal
Name: Leandro dos Santos

Post by umarizal »

It's a shame the phpBB development team be as septic regarding the adoption of new features such as a visual editor (WYSIWYG), friendly urls and description tags for topics and mostly for images to improve SEO, and other functions.

Unfortunately, it seems that the phpBB team stopped in time if we compare with other free forum scripts like as MyBB and SMF. If we compare with paid forum scripts like as Xenforo, IPB or UBB, the distance is astronomical as the availability of new resources.

Of course, the 3.1 version was a leap, especially for compatibility with mobile devices and responsive content, but at least for me became clear intent to play for the community responsibility to include new features through extensions, which is nothing quite bad, on the contrary, but several functions require changes to this board that are not possible through the extensions.

I'm not a programmer and can be a huge talking nonsense, but it is my feeling, and many with whom I have talked about phpBB.
EN: Do to others what you would want them to do to you.
ES: Haz a los demás todo lo que quieras que te hagan a ti.
PT: Faça aos outros o que você gostaria que fizessem a você.

.m.

Post by .m. »

basically, this SCeditor extension should fulfill requirements of many users.
anyone can easily use available Beta version instead of waiting for the official release

R00f

Post by R00f »

.m. wrote:basically, this SCeditor extension should fulfill requirements of many users.
anyone can easily use available Beta version instead of waiting for the official release
In this extension now more bugs.

MasterA

Post by MasterA »

I found a bug.

When you quote, it uses:

Code: Select all

[quote=username][/quote]
instead of

[quote="username"][/quote]
Also, Inserting a table doesn't work. It produces:

\n\n\n
\n
\n
\n\n\n

\n\n\n
\n
\n
\n\n\n

cYbercOsmOnauT
Name: Tekin Birdüzen

Post by cYbercOsmOnauT »

Your table problem also occurs with sub and sup. They are faulty bbcode_tpl's inside the migrations. To fix it fastly, open /etx/nassim/sceeditor/migrations/bbcodedata.php and above line 286 (almost at the bottom of the file)

$sql = 'INSERT INTO ' . $this->table_prefix . 'bbcodes' . $this->db->sql_build_array('INSERT', $eee);
enter

$eee['bbcode_tpl'] = str_replace('\n', " ", $eee['bbcode_tpl']);
Thats a quickfix. Otherwise you can go through all the bbcode_tpl, find the \n and edit them manually.

Now deactivate this extension in your acp and reactivate it. That should set the fixed bbcode templates into the database.

Quote-problem: I have the same problem. It seems that nassim's SCEditor only knows simple quotes without names.

Edit: I forked your repository and will send you a pull request soon. There are several places that can be optimized ;)

Edit 2: I started with some improvements and sent you a pull request. More to come soon. Whoever doesn't want to wait for you to merge my changes into your repository, can take my newest version from my fork. https://github.com/cYbercOsmOnauT/wysiwygsceditorphpbb

Edit 3: I opened the issue tracker for my fork and put in some issues I see. If someone seeks other issues feel free to create a new issue there.
phpBB-installation and reparation. Prof. PHP coding with function guarantee. Just contact me at: t.birduezen@web-coding.eu.
Ex-German Support Team Member | phpBB Development Environment

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”