automatic dst

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Stoker 4.0
Name: Ulrik Christensen

automatic dst

Post by Stoker 4.0 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:14 am

Just wondering if automatic dst works in 3.1.x?
Does it change automatic for summer and winther time with the correct settings in ACP and UCP?

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: automatic dst

Post by david63 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:16 am

It did for me - just as long as the users have it set.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Stoker 4.0
Name: Ulrik Christensen

Post by Stoker 4.0 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:26 am

david63 wrote:It did for me - just as long as the users have it set.
Thanks ;)

P_I

Post by P_I » Tue May 26, 2015 11:51 am

As david63 points out, user action is required after the upgrade to phpBB 3.1 to change their settings to make the new automatic DST feature work. We've made it part of the "announcements" we make when upgrading a forum to phpBB 3.1.

Part of the challenge is how phpBB presents the timezone information in User Control Panel->Board preferences (direct link is ucp.php?i=165) in the My timezone field. There are two elements to the setting. The first drop-down box shows a guess (based on JavaScript) of your timezone and then you need to select a country/city pair from the second dropdown that reflects your actual location.

The important user step is to set the country/city pair (2nd dropdown), which enables the automatic DST feature to work.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”