[ABD] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Hitømi

Re: [BETA] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Post by Hitømi »

it will be possible exclude some sections of the forum by the system?
Innavigable

Post by Innavigable »

Hitømi wrote:it will be possible exclude some sections of the forum by the system?
You can do that when editing forums.
mark5228

Post by mark5228 »

would like this extension on my board. are users able to post in a forum if there dont have cash/points. i have a help section and would like users to reply to help topics to get enough cash/points to then post a topic.
MadCon88

Post by MadCon88 »

Hi, thank you for this ext :)

Can you fix encoding in notifications please? For example if I use č, š, ..in message (donate), in notification there are ? instead that letters.

Thank you
daviddave

Post by daviddave »

Over my weekend my forum broke :/ I had to remove caramel as it causes problems with this 3.1.x STK port at https://github.com/AlexSheer/phpbb3.1-STK Here is the error

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/forumpromotion/caramel/event/main_listener.php on line 126: Constant CRML_MY_CASH already defined

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: stk_msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/forumpromotion/caramel/event/main_listener.php
LINE: 126
CALL: define()

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: forumpromotion\caramel\event\main_listener->user_setup()

FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Symfony/Component/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php
LINE: 164
CALL: call_user_func()

FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Symfony/Component/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php
LINE: 53
CALL: Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->doDispatch()

FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Symfony/Component/EventDispatcher/ContainerAwareEventDispatcher.php
LINE: 167
CALL: Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatch()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/event/dispatcher.php
LINE: 60
CALL: Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\ContainerAwareEventDispatcher->dispatch()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/event/dispatcher.php
LINE: 46
CALL: phpbb\event\dispatcher->dispatch()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/user.php
LINE: 184
CALL: phpbb\event\dispatcher->trigger_event()

FILE: [ROOT]/stk/index.php
LINE: 23
CALL: phpbb\user->setup()
Darkness Seeker

Post by Darkness Seeker »

Hi!

I just registered for gave you, and your team, my special thanks for creating this extension! Really, I've been looking for something like this for my phpbb 3.1.3 forum since a few months, and I finally found it.

One thing, more question than petition: Is it possible to configurate the extension for gave cash per written word or by how long the post is? By that way people could get paid more by good and long posts.

PD: Sorry if my english is a bit abrupt or something, I'm spanish xD
Casmic

Post by Casmic »

mark5228 wrote:would like this extension on my board. are users able to post in a forum if there dont have cash/points. i have a help section and would like users to reply to help topics to get enough cash/points to then post a topic.
Currently this will not happen automatically, although you could enforce it manually, by archiving any threads which people post when they don't have enough cash.

@MadCon88: Oh, that's odd! Thanks for pointing out that issue!

@daviddave: Thanks for pointing that out!
Cosmic
Administrator, Forum Promotion
Alpha Kitten

Post by Alpha Kitten »

Nice Extension! Looking forward to release.
DTK

Post by DTK »

Thanks for developing this extensions :D . Could you add also 2 more features in future release?:
1) Add X amount of points each day since user's registration day.
2) Add X amount of points for user's login (of course 1/day or timing as well configurable).

Also I hope that everything will be possible to turn on/off. Also I haven't tested your extension yet but will surely do so when/if you'll incorporate those 2 additions. :)
Casmic

Post by Casmic »

DTK wrote:Thanks for developing this extensions :D . Could you add also 2 more features in future release?:
2) Add X amount of points for user's login (of course 1/day or timing as well configurable).

Also I hope that everything will be possible to turn on/off. Also I haven't tested your extension yet but will surely do so when/if you'll incorporate those 2 additions. :)
I think the #2 item you mentioned may already be a feature. Here's an option in the Caramel settings:

Thanks for the suggestions! :)
Cosmic
Administrator, Forum Promotion
DTK

Post by DTK »

Casmic wrote:
DTK wrote:Thanks for developing this extensions :D . Could you add also 2 more features in future release?:

I think the #2 item you mentioned may already be a feature. Here's an option in the Caramel settings:

Thanks for the suggestions! :)
Yeah, might have missed it somewhere within the posts, well then hope to see the 1st one as well and will try to test it out probably later today or tomorrow :)
sakkiotto

Post by sakkiotto »

feature: it's possible show on post messagge when moderator tips a user?
example... like thanks to post.. "moderator tips for this post "x" caramel points"
?? :D

another, i use another template .. when tips a user , write me

Tipping must be done via AJAX.
how can I do?
DTK

Post by DTK »

Well so far I have 3 suggestions after I've used it a bit in 3.1.4 and then in 3.1.5:

1) If you give an option to rename cash to something else then give an option to rename it all, because currently you'd need to do it manually with hands in any way if you want to go aside of words related to money, e.g.:
"This user currently has 9.00 Renamed Value."
"Manage Cash"
"A tip of 3 cash was made."
etc. etc.

2 and 3) Tips are broken a bit, if you give a tip and refresh the page you can give it again and again and again, even if it was intended wouldn't it be wise to at least show that user has already been tipped by you? Also tipping a user can be done even with negative cash, with which anyone can easily reach billions with 2 accounts :lol:
It's a testing forum but even for it I've turned tips off.
Innavigable

Post by Innavigable »

DTK wrote:Well so far I have 3 suggestions after I've used it a bit in 3.1.4 and then in 3.1.5:

1) If you give an option to rename cash to something else then give an option to rename it all, because currently you'd need to do it manually with hands in any way if you want to go aside of words related to money, e.g.:
"This user currently has 9.00 Renamed Value."
"Manage Cash"
"A tip of 3 cash was made."
etc. etc.

2 and 3) Tips are broken a bit, if you give a tip and refresh the page you can give it again and again and again, even if it was intended wouldn't it be wise to at least show that user has already been tipped by you? Also tipping a user can be done even with negative cash, with which anyone can easily reach billions with 2 accounts :lol:
It's a testing forum but even for it I've turned tips off.
Woah, can't believe this was missed with the tips. I'll get a fix for this soon.
sakkiotto

Post by sakkiotto »

Innavigable read this???
sakkiotto wrote:feature: it's possible show on post messagge when moderator tips a user?
example... like thanks to post.. "moderator tips for this post "x" caramel points"
?? :D

another, i use another template .. when tips a user , write me

Tipping must be done via AJAX.
how can I do?

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”