Change post count extension

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
I've Been Banned!

Change post count extension

Post by 2600 »

In 3.0 there was a mod that allowed you to change post count, but I don't think there is one for 3.1.1.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Change post count extension

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

not sure why you would need to be changing post count very often. however, is this just a statement of fact or are you requesting an extension to do the same thing or what?

have you looked through all the extensions in development to see if anyone has started one?

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:not sure why you would need to be changing post count very often. however, is this just a statement of fact or are you requesting an extension to do the same thing or what?

have you looked through all the extensions in development to see if anyone has started one?

robert
A way to change post count would be needed if a forum section on a board went from not adding to post count to adding to post count...or if a topic is moved from a forum that doesn't add to post count to a forum that does. phpBB apparently has this "bug" of the post count not updating by itself when either scenario happens.

Also there is no extension yet created.
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Jessica wrote: if a forum section on a board went from not adding to post count to adding to post count. Since phpBB apparently has this "bug" of the post count not updating by itself when that happens
That is because each individual post has its own flag. Changing the forum's postcount permission does not change each individual post's flag.
Alpha Kitten

Post by Alpha Kitten »

You can change it in the database without using an extension
david63

Post by david63 »

Alpha Kitten wrote:You can change it in the database without using an extension
Whilst that is true it is not recommended that you make direct changes to the database
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Forgot I created this topic. I'm amazed that there isn't an extension for this. In the mean time where in the database do you change post count? I'm not privy to editing the database, but if I have to I will. I do make frequent backups.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
Alpha Kitten

Post by Alpha Kitten »

John connor wrote:Forgot I created this topic. I'm amazed that there isn't an extension for this. In the mean time where in the database do you change post count? I'm not privy to editing the database, but if I have to I will. I do make frequent backups.
Go to your database, tablename(phpbb by default)_users, next you'll see a bunch of different rows, find the user you want to edit and edit "user_posts".

I don't know how this affects the database.
david63

Post by david63 »

Extension here
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here

Return to “Extension Requests”