How do I create a HTML5 video BBcode?

Get help developing custom BBCodes or request one.
John connor
Name: Aaron

How do I create a HTML5 video BBcode?

Post by John connor »

I'm trying to add a custom HTML5 BBcode and I'm having no luck as I don't know HTML. Here is the code example from w3schools.com.

Code: Select all

<video width="600" controls>
  <source src="mov_bbb.mp4" type="video/mp4"></video>
I tried looking at the HTML5 audio player BBcode to make a video code, but it didn't work. Here's what I created:

BBcode Usage

[videoplayer]{URL}][/videoplayer]
HTML Replacement

<video width="600"; src="{URL}" controls></video>
If you go here there is an HTML5 audio BBcode, but I would like to use video as well. https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... pic/133141
Last edited by Mick on Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from [3.1.x] Styles Support & Discussion
Having spam problems? Install this extension and/or this script.
How to help protect your site from hackers.
0FL ?FE<JKCP K?@EB PFL ;<:F;<;‌​​​​‌‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌​⁠‌‌​​‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌​​‌​⁠‌‌​​​​‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌‌​‌​‌⁠‌‌​‌‌​​⁠‌‌​​​​‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌​‌​​‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌​⁠‌‌‌​​‌‌⁠‌​​​​‌⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌​‌‌​​‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​‌⁠‌​​‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌​​‌​⁠‌‌​​‌​‌⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌‌‌​​‌‌⁠‌‌​‌‌​‌⁠‌‌​​​​‌⁠‌‌‌​​‌​⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌​​‌​‌⁠‌‌‌​​‌​⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌​‌​​​⁠‌‌​​​​‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌​⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌​​‌​​‌⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌​‌​​​⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​‌⁠‌‌​​‌‌‌⁠‌‌​‌​​​⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌​‌‌‌​ K?@J D<JJ8><t +?@EB 8>8@Ec
Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Re: How do I create a HTML5 video BBcode?

Post by Arty »

Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework
John connor

Post by John connor »

That's all fine and well, but seen as how I'm a complete noob to HTML I don't know how to create the BBcode.
0FL ?FE<JKCP K?@EB PFL ;<:F;<;‌​​​​‌‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌​⁠‌‌​​‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌​​‌​⁠‌‌​​​​‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌‌​‌​‌⁠‌‌​‌‌​​⁠‌‌​​​​‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌​‌​​‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌​⁠‌‌‌​​‌‌⁠‌​​​​‌⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌​‌‌​​‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​‌⁠‌​​‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌​​‌​⁠‌‌​​‌​‌⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌‌‌​​‌‌⁠‌‌​‌‌​‌⁠‌‌​​​​‌⁠‌‌‌​​‌​⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌​​‌​‌⁠‌‌‌​​‌​⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌​‌​​​⁠‌‌​​​​‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌​⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌​​‌​​‌⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌​‌​​​⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​‌⁠‌‌​​‌‌‌⁠‌‌​‌​​​⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌​‌‌‌​ K?@J D<JJ8><t +?@EB 8>8@Ec
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

bbcode: [html5]{URL}[/html5]

html replacement: <video src="{URL}" controls> Your browser does not support the <code>video</code>element.</video>

useage: copy the full url of the video and paste it in between the bbcode tags like this;
[html5]http://techslides.com/demos/sample-videos/small.mp4[/html5]
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
John connor

Post by John connor »

I can't seem to get this to work. I have tried Mp4, Mpg and Ogv file formats and nothing renders. The code is all that shows up.

I know that my browser can render the video code because I tried it in here: http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp ... _audio_all Replace the audio code with the video code.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

IF you do exactly what I showed you, it works exactly like it should. it plays mp4 and several others.

please show us ( copy/paste ) exactly what you have in the bbcode box and the html replacement and please link to a post where you are testing this. if you can't link to a post, then show us the actual useage your are trying.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
John connor

Post by John connor »

Okay, here's the code: http://i.imgur.com/JHJSnJR.jpg

And here's the result: http://i.imgur.com/PvxmW8V.jpg
pit-PL

Post by pit-PL »

Spot the difference
[html5]{URL}][/html5]
[html5]{URL}[/html5]
John connor

Post by John connor »

Nice! thanks for finding that! I have no idea how the extra bracket got in there. I copied and paste the code directly. Seems to play MP4 and OGV, but not mpg. OGV is the smallest file size. I used Freemake to make the HTML files.

Is there a way to change the code to specify only one resolution?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

As per you've posted this in the totally wrong place, requests for and discussions about custom BBCodes is here.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
John connor

Post by John connor »

I don't browse the 3.0 forums so I didn't know. I first made a post in the BBcode extension I have, but that too was the wrong place. I seem to be f^&#ing up!

Return to “Custom BBCode Development and Requests”