[CDB] Thanks for posts

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
zone_sjm

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by zone_sjm »

Thanks for the extension. Working Perfect.
Last edited by zone_sjm on Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
CoinHELP

Post by CoinHELP »

edit
CoinHELP

Post by CoinHELP »

I finally got the thanks for post extension working. I had to get rid of all previous files by disabling the ext and deleting the extension.

The issue I was having has something to do with old stored files with previous thanks under 3.0.
John45

Post by John45 »

zone_sjm wrote:Thanks for the extension. Working Perfect.
How did you get the quote button to show up; it's not showing up for me instead its replaced by the thanks for posts icon.
Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Post by Galixte de EzCom »

It’s fixed update the extension with GitHub (fixed here: https://github.com/rxu/thanks_for_posts ... ab8dd1a7dc).
Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.2.x & 3.3.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
📋 Lists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
Image Tu as un forum et tu veux aussi un site web ? Regarde par ici.
John45

Post by John45 »

Galixte de EzCom wrote:It’s fixed update the extension with GitHub (fixed here: https://github.com/rxu/thanks_for_posts ... ab8dd1a7dc).
Got it fixed! :D

On the list of thanks the users ranks appear; and there's no column for the ranks, so it's a complete mess.
pathfinderenterprises

Post by pathfinderenterprises »

I have just installed this on my board and it has imported the 'Thanks count' from the old mod, and this is displayed at the bottom of the home page; but that is the only place anything is displayed :?

I am not able to thank anybody (thanks icon not showing in posts), I have checked for permissions but there is no option to allow 'thank for post' in any user permissions.

I am using prosilver style. I have not modified the style, but I do have quiet a few extensions enabled, are there any known conflicts or is there some setting I may have missed?

My board is http://www.havenownersforum.co.uk/index.php

pm me if you would like board access.
rxu wrote:
About permissions viewtopic.php?p=14153331#p14153331

Permissions should apper under the groups forum permissions at the Misc tab (f.e. Can thank for posts), please recheck that.

There is no 'Misc Tab' under 'groups forum permissions' and in the 'Misc Tab' under 'forum permissions' there is no "Can thank for posts" option

I am looking at permission settings for 'Registered Users' group.
pathfinderenterprises wrote:
rxu wrote:
pathfinderenterprises wrote:There is no 'Misc Tab' under 'groups forum permissions'
From what version of MOD for phpBB 3.0 did you migrate?
I have no way of knowing now; I don't have any copies of my phpBB 3.0 board to refer to. I have always tried to keep all mods and phpBB versions up to date so I can only assume that it would have been the latest version of the mod. Sorry I can't be more accurate.
Still no resolution to my problem :cry: Anybody got any ideas?
Keith

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
Galixte de EzCom

Hi,
John45 wrote:
Galixte de EzCom wrote:It’s fixed update the extension with GitHub (fixed here: https://github.com/rxu/thanks_for_posts ... ab8dd1a7dc).

On the list of thanks the users ranks appear; and there's no column for the ranks, so it's a complete mess.
thanks, PR submitted and merged here: https://github.com/rxu/thanks_for_posts ... 150446a256.
Communau EzCom
John45

Post by John45 »

Galixte de EzCom wrote:Hi,
John45 wrote:

thanks, PR submitted and merged here: https://github.com/rxu/thanks_for_posts ... 150446a256.
Cool, now it needs to add a bit more spacing between the username and the rank.
Galixte de EzCom

Hi,
John45 wrote:
John45 wrote:

Your ranks are very long, no ? Mine are OK, It’s the same spacing like this page : /memberlist.php but there are two additionals columns (“HAS THANKED” & “BEEN THANKED”), i don’t know how we can modify this.
Communau EzCom
John45

Post by John45 »

John45 wrote:
John45 wrote:

Your ranks are very long, no ? Mine are OK, It’s the same spacing like this page : /memberlist.php but there are two additionals columns (“HAS THANKED” & “BEEN THANKED”), i don’t know how we can modify this.
It's possible, but it make take a few minutes to do so; and how long are your ranks anyways?
garden of green
Name: Tony

Post by garden of green »

Thanks for this extension working great as far as i can tell
Galixte de EzCom

John45 wrote:

It's possible, but it make take a few minutes to do so; and how long are your ranks anyways?
Ok fine, you can provide a solution for that ?

My ranks have 110px of width.
Communau EzCom
Goztow

Post by Goztow »

Hello,

I'm using your extension as a basis to replacem y own custom 3.0 karma extension. So far it has server me very well!

Here are some ideas:

The toplist settings are very confusing. If I understood correctly, it will not show any content if rating is disabled, even if you set it to show like 10 posts in the thanks settings... that's confusing! Moreover, for some reason <!-- IF S_DISPLAY_TOPLIST --> in navbar_header_quick_links_after.html does not seem to work correctly when you set the top list to 0 in ACP: it always shows the link. I would suggest you to hide the link when rating is disabled and check why <!-- IF S_DISPLAY_TOPLIST --> does not work properly

I created a little modification so the line with "these users thanked the author xxx for the post" gets a different background color when it hits minimum xx thanks messages. Maybe you can include this as a feature, configurable in ACP? It's rather simple.

In core/helper.php
Search

Code: Select all

'S_ONLY_TOPICSTART'         => ($topic_data['topic_first_post_id'] == $row['post_id']) ? true : false,
after, ADD

'KARMA_POSTINTERESTING'         => ($this->get_thanks_number($row['post_id']) >= '2') ? true : false,
				'KARMA_POSTVERYINTERESTING'         => ($this->get_thanks_number($row['post_id']) >= '5') ? true : false,
In styles/prosilver/template/event/viewtopic_body_postrow_post_notices_after.html

Search

<div class="notice"
AFTER, ADD

<!-- IF postrow.KARMA_POSTVERYINTERESTING -->style="background-color: #849612"<!-- ELSEIF postrow.KARMA_POSTINTERESTING -->style="background-color: #99b00d"<!-- ENDIF -->
In tis example, it will give a darker green when you have more than 5 thanks en a slightly lighter green when you have more than 2.

IMPLEMENT AT YOUR OWN RISK, this code is just posted to help the author implement a cleaner version of this mod.

Keep up the good work!
Goztow

Post by Goztow »

Sorry for the double post. I managed to implement a "recent thanks" function. This function will show the thanks an user got during the last 30 days.

Especially on old forums, it seems like a useful feature to me. People that have left the forums for several months or years can still have very high "thanks" counts but that doesn't really have any importance, so it's interesting to know who was recently thanked.

Return to “Extensions in Development”