[ABD] Advanced Polls 1.2

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
javiexin
Code Contributor
Name: Javier

Re: [BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2.1

Post by javiexin »

The folder should be ext/wolfsblvt/advancedpolls

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have this problem in the future, just open the file named "composer.json", and in that you will find the exact folder where any extension should be installed.

-javiexin
Fast_Eddie
Name: Ed

Re: [BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by Fast_Eddie »

If you have this problem in the future, just open the file named "composer.json", and in that you will find the exact folder where any extension should be installed.
Thanks for the info!!! I did not know that! :)
EDIT: Installed and working great!
Last edited by Fast_Eddie on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

@rrbailey89, I have tested all scenarios that you mentioned as problematic in your posts, and I cannot reproduce any problem with them.

That makes me think that you have either something not quite correctly installed, or that you have disabled JavaScript. Of course I am assuming that you have phpbb 3.1.5.

Please, verify those again, and tell me if you continue having problems. As I said, very strange...

-javiexin
rrbailey89 wrote:I have attached pics of my setup keep in mind duration of poll I set to 12 but when I press edit its always at 0.
edit to add that users who arnt logged in can view poll results also they don't even have to push "view results" or "don't vote view results"
I did use the Old version a long time ago. I disabled deleted data and installed the latest version of this Ext yesterday. The button im referring too is the one on the topic page that says "view results" or "dont vote, view results" depending on settings.

What i mean by guests is that if logged out and browsing the topic its showing poll results. Without having to push either of ths previously mentioned buttons.
rrbailey89

Post by rrbailey89 »

javiexin wrote:@rrbailey89, I have tested all scenarios that you mentioned as problematic in your posts, and I cannot reproduce any problem with them.

That makes me think that you have either something not quite correctly installed, or that you have disabled JavaScript. Of course I am assuming that you have phpbb 3.1.5.

Please, verify those again, and tell me if you continue having problems. As I said, very strange...

-javiexin
rrbailey89 wrote:I have attached pics of my setup keep in mind duration of poll I set to 12 but when I press edit its always at 0.
edit to add that users who arnt logged in can view poll results also they don't even have to push "view results" or "don't vote view results"
I did use the Old version a long time ago. I disabled deleted data and installed the latest version of this Ext yesterday. The button im referring too is the one on the topic page that says "view results" or "dont vote, view results" depending on settings.

What i mean by guests is that if logged out and browsing the topic its showing poll results. Without having to push either of ths previously mentioned buttons.
Thanks for all your help so far. Im at work right now. If you would like to see what im saying about guest user's in action I jusy went to the page on my phone and saw that it still shows the results. Anyways heres a link to the topic.
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

This style is not prosilver.
Did you adjust all templates to the new style?
Otherwise, it won't work at all. As I said, nothing is in place.

EDIT: As the style you are using is PBtech, that is prosilver based, let's try one thing first:
Copy all of the ext/wolfsblvt/advancedpolls/styles/prosilver folder contents into
ext/wolfsblvt/advancedpolls/styles/PBtech and try again. Most of the problems should go away, but maybe not all. In the meantime, I will try and see how to adapt the code for this style.
rrbailey89

Post by rrbailey89 »

javiexin wrote:This style is not prosilver.
Did you adjust all templates to the new style?
Otherwise, it won't work at all. As I said, nothing is in place.

EDIT: As the style you are using is PBtech, that is prosilver based, let's try one thing first:
Copy all of the ext/wolfsblvt/advancedpolls/styles/prosilver folder contents into
ext/wolfsblvt/advancedpolls/styles/PBtech and try again. Most of the problems should go away, but maybe not all. In the meantime, I will try and see how to adapt the code for this style.
It does not seem to be working right with prosilver either here are some screenshots.
I also copied the prosilver styles into PBtech and it does the same thing.
I tried clearing the cache. And still the same problem.
I could be wrong but I think it has to do with "run poll for x days" being a 0. I set it for a number of days and everytime I go to edit it shows as a 0.

I don't want to disable/delete data/ and reinstall because people have already participated in the poll. I'm afraid it will lose there data.
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

No, it has to do somehow with JavaScript not running correctly. If you see the screenshot you showed, there is a duplicate field "Options per user", and the "Run poll for" is not correct either. This can only happen if JavaScript is NOT working correctly, the JavaScript that is supposed to run on that page has not done so.

If this would be correct, you would not see the first "Options per user", and you would have a dropdown menu in front of the 0 days.

I did test with PBTech myself, and it seemed to work ok as well. No need to make any changes to the extension. Only thing I have not see working in PBTech is the possibility for admins to see poll voters/results (the button for that does not show up in PBTech, or at least I have not found it; it might have to do with CSS and the use of different types of buttons/font based).
rrbailey89

Post by rrbailey89 »

javiexin wrote:No, it has to do somehow with JavaScript not running correctly. If you see the screenshot you showed, there is a duplicate field "Options per user", and the "Run poll for" is not correct either. This can only happen if JavaScript is NOT working correctly, the JavaScript that is supposed to run on that page has not done so.

If this would be correct, you would not see the first "Options per user", and you would have a dropdown menu in front of the 0 days.

I did test with PBTech myself, and it seemed to work ok as well. No need to make any changes to the extension. Only thing I have not see working in PBTech is the possibility for admins to see poll voters/results (the button for that does not show up in PBTech, or at least I have not found it; it might have to do with CSS and the use of different types of buttons/font based).
I see. So it seems its a javascript issue then. When you viewed the link I provided were you able to view the results and see what I was talking about? How do you suggest I correct the issue?
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

rrbailey89 wrote:I see. So it seems its a javascript issue then. When you viewed the link I provided were you able to view the results and see what I was talking about? How do you suggest I correct the issue?
Yes, I was able to see the results, but that could be correct in case a guest would have voted, and the poll did not had any specified end (ie, length 0).

So, as I see it, we must fix the javascript issue first, and then see what problems remain. Otherwise, we would be masking one with another.

Do one thing: disable the extension completely, and vote in a "normal" poll. You should see an "animation" with your vote being shown. If that happens (without reloading the page), then javascript is working, so the problem is in the extension javascript (for some reason it would be correctly running). And if it is not working, the issue is general with your javascript setup, either on your client, or (unlikely) on your server, although it might be some CDN in between blocking it.

Test and report back, thanks.
-javiexin
rrbailey89

Post by rrbailey89 »

javiexin wrote:
rrbailey89 wrote:I see. So it seems its a javascript issue then. When you viewed the link I provided were you able to view the results and see what I was talking about? How do you suggest I correct the issue?
Yes, I was able to see the results, but that could be correct in case a guest would have voted, and the poll did not had any specified end (ie, length 0).

So, as I see it, we must fix the javascript issue first, and then see what problems remain. Otherwise, we would be masking one with another.

Do one thing: disable the extension completely, and vote in a "normal" poll. You should see an "animation" with your vote being shown. If that happens (without reloading the page), then javascript is working, so the problem is in the extension javascript (for some reason it would be correctly running). And if it is not working, the issue is general with your javascript setup, either on your client, or (unlikely) on your server, although it might be some CDN in between blocking it.

Test and report back, thanks.
-javiexin
Good Afternoon,

I tested this on my phone. I disabled Advanced Polls and cleared the cache just in case. I then created a test poll and voted. I confirmed that "Run polls for x days" stayed at the setting inbetween submitting the topic and editing. Also I did see the animation when I submitted a vote.
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

rrbailey89 wrote:I tested this on my phone. I disabled Advanced Polls and cleared the cache just in case. I then created a test poll and voted. I confirmed that "Run polls for x days" stayed at the setting inbetween submitting the topic and editing. Also I did see the animation when I submitted a vote.
Ok, it seems your javascript is at least partially working. Let's go step by step then.

Do the following tests:
1) Enable the extension, and configure it so that it does NOT have POLL END enabled and it does NOT have SCORING POLL enabled.
2) Test it (with a normal poll) on both prosilver and pbtech, both desktop and mobile (I want to rule out issues with responsive behavior as well).
3) If everything goes well (it should, no extension JS is involved there), then enable SCORING POLL and only that.
4) Now, create or edit the poll to be a scoring poll (more than one vote per option). When editing or creating the poll, verify whether there is a duplicate field (Options per user, both before and after Poll length). If there is a duplicate, JS has not worked on the editing page. Test it on the same four scenarios as above.
5) If it does work (at least in some scenario), then try to vote on the poll using the dropdown for votes. If that is in the right place, then JS has worked in this page. Again, try all scenarios if possible.
6) If you are not tired by now, and if some scenario has worked, then try the final one, enable POLL END, and do the whole round again: edit the poll to change poll length (it should show a dropdown that would allow you to choose between indefinite poll, duration poll, or end poll).

Hopefully this will bring some clarity as to what is happening with this.
We will fix it :)
-javiexin
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Erm, sorry for the Q but..
Do not you have a smartphone with whom do all these tests yourself?
I think that is asking too much. IMHO
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
rrbailey89

Post by rrbailey89 »

From my research it seems "poll end" being enabled is what messes it up and makes results visible if its enabled.
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

So, it works fine with scoring poll activated? Does it show a duplicate?

In case it does work correctly with scoring poll activated, and it messes up with poll end activated, does it happen both in prosilver and pbtech? Desktop and mobile?

We are narrowing the issue...
rrbailey89

Post by rrbailey89 »

javiexin wrote:So, it works fine with scoring poll activated? Does it show a duplicate?

In case it does work correctly with scoring poll activated, and it messes up with poll end activated, does it happen both in prosilver and pbtech? Desktop and mobile?

We are narrowing the issue...
It works the same way in either style and on either device (mobile and desktop) with Poll End disabled the options per user is still duplicating if Scoring is enabled. However if scoring is enabled and poll end is disabled it retains the poll duration and hides the results correctly.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”