[ABD] Activity Stats (includes "who was here?")

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
El Fantasma de la B

Re: [RC] Activity Stats (includes "who was here?")

Post by El Fantasma de la B »

Thanks mate, that solved it.
El Fantasma de la B

Sadly this extension isn't working very well, about half of the users are not being displayed.
SiteSplat

Post by SiteSplat »

The calculated data is cached (10min by default, adjustable in ACP) - so it might take a while until the stats are updated and all the users etc are displayed...
- FLATBOOTS - phpBB 3.3 Flat Design - Bootstrap Framework
- Deploy an SSD cloud server in 55s. Sign up and get 2 months free.
- phpBB Community & Premium Themes & Premium Extensions
- Contact me Via PM or e-mail for Custom phpBB work and Web Development needs
🎨phpBB Professional Premium Themes🔥
Traction

Post by Traction »

I don't understand the installation instructions. This part "Clone (or download an move) the repository into the folder phpBB3/ext/robertheim/activitystats:"

Downloaded and unzipped, but where do I put it? Usually extensions just go into the ext directory and that's that.

Nowhere do I see /ext/robertheim/activitystats
Last edited by Traction on Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Failure is not an option.
Zap! Classic Video Game Forums
El Fantasma de la B

it seems sometimes the users on this module are clickable, while sometimes they are not. Any idea why this happens? Thanks.
Geronimoz

Post by Geronimoz »

Hi

any information about an update for this extension ?

Cordialy,
"Nothing is not inside nothing"
SCS MODS FR
combuster

Post by combuster »

El Fantasma de la B wrote:it seems sometimes the users on this module are clickable, while sometimes they are not. Any idea why this happens? Thanks.
Hi El Fantasma de la B, this depends on a) the user type b) the board configuration for online-status of this user-type c) the user's privacy choice.
Geronimoz wrote:any information about an update for this extension ?
Hi Geronimoz, do you refer to any specific issue?
El Fantasma de la B

Hi combuster,

to specify, most times the users are clickable. But there are a few times they are not, and this isn't related to none of the three things you mentioned because as I said it happens randomly, regardless of user. For example, I go in the morning to my forum and they are clickable. Then I enter again in the afternoon and maybe they are not (and I didn't do anything config-wise, hence it's completely random).

I have checked the HTML using inspect element and the links are not even rendered. Btw. this has happened to several users (or all, I assume).

Thank you!
combuster

Post by combuster »

El Fantasma de la B wrote:Hi combuster,

to specify, most times the users are clickable. But there are a few times they are not, and this isn't related to none of the three things you mentioned because as I said it happens randomly, regardless of user. For example, I go in the morning to my forum and they are clickable. Then I enter again in the afternoon and maybe they are not (and I didn't do anything config-wise, hence it's completely random).

I have checked the HTML using inspect element and the links are not even rendered. Btw. this has happened to several users (or all, I assume).

Thank you!
Did I correctly understood that you have a user that sometimes is clickable and sometimes not? Could you post the inspected HTML for such user when clickable and when not clickable? Also can you ensure that the users privacy choice (whether his online status is shown or not) does not change?
El Fantasma de la B

It happens to all user links under "ACTIVITY STATISTICS", not just specific ones. The links get somehow not rendered, neither does the color- I assume it might be a problem with the get_username_string() function somehow not being executed properly (or executed at all).

This error happens to all users, and it seems to be completely random (sometimes you go to the index and it's like that). By the way this isn't frequent. But I figured there might be a part in the code that isn't quite fine and it's causing this.

Thanks,
Simps
Name: Simon

Post by Simps »

installed and working fine on my Board thank you.
combuster

Post by combuster »

El Fantasma de la B wrote:It happens to all user links under "ACTIVITY STATISTICS", not just specific ones. The links get somehow not rendered, neither does the color- I assume it might be a problem with the get_username_string() function somehow not being executed properly (or executed at all).

This error happens to all users, and it seems to be completely random (sometimes you go to the index and it's like that). By the way this isn't frequent. But I figured there might be a part in the code that isn't quite fine and it's causing this.

Thanks,
What other extensions do you have installed and which phpbb version do you run? Can you install a fresh phpbb 1.3.5 + activity stats (master branch) and see if you still experience it?
idahonewsforum

Post by idahonewsforum »

Great Extension!

Just installed it a few hours ago and have some feedback:

The user count seems a little confusing: It says today there have been 12 users online. The most users ever online was 13.

Obviously, impossible. I have bots blocked from showing. Not sure if that is where the other 1 is? If so, it shouldn't be used in the calculation for most online.

Thanks for your work on this extension!

[edit: I just confirmed, by turning on bots, that 1 did visit today. I think if it is set to "no" on display bots, they shouldn't be included in total calculation for most online.]

BF79
Name: Fouad B

Post by BF79 »

thank you:::::
NecroWolf

Post by NecroWolf »

idahonewsforum wrote:Great Extension!

Just installed it a few hours ago and have some feedback:

The user count seems a little confusing: It says today there have been 12 users online. The most users ever online was 13.

Obviously, impossible. I have bots blocked from showing. Not sure if that is where the other 1 is? If so, it shouldn't be used in the calculation for most online.

Thanks for your work on this extension!

[edit: I just confirmed, by turning on bots, that 1 did visit today. I think if it is set to "no" on display bots, they shouldn't be included in total calculation for most online.]

I think users online today means who has stopped by in the last 24 hours, and most online means how many in the exact same time, same minute. So you could have 100 stop by durung the day but only 15 were there at once.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”