Multi Ranks

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
javiexin
Code Contributor
Name: Javier

Re: Multi Ranks

Post by javiexin »

supanet wrote:Will we be limited to the amount of ranks/badges/other images we can have?
Also will it be possible for admins to set these for members or will it only be available for members to choose one as in other Profile Fields?
You may add as many profile fields as you wish, and as many of them can be used as additional rank/badge or whatever. You should be placing them individually in the templates though (I would recommend the Custom Code extension as the easiest way to do that flexibly).
And regarding who sets those, the current Profile Fields mechanism allows for user-set PFs but also for admin-set PFs, so yes, you may block users from editing this. This is core functionality.

-javiexin

supanet

Post by supanet »

javiexin wrote:
supanet wrote:Will we be limited to the amount of ranks/badges/other images we can have?
Also will it be possible for admins to set these for members or will it only be available for members to choose one as in other Profile Fields?
You may add as many profile fields as you wish, and as many of them can be used as additional rank/badge or whatever. You should be placing them individually in the templates though (I would recommend the Custom Code extension as the easiest way to do that flexibly).
And regarding who sets those, the current Profile Fields mechanism allows for user-set PFs but also for admin-set PFs, so yes, you may block users from editing this. This is core functionality.

-javiexin
Excellent just what I was wanting, awesome work. :D

M.O.B.

Post by M.O.B. »

In phpBB 3.0.x -- I used this MOD that showed multiple ranks for users that belong to more than one group.

Special and Normal Rank Images

The developer doesn't plan on updating the MOD, but he states that he will allow anyone to convert it if they wish to. Click Here.

This is what it looks like when running on a site. Notice the members on that page show more than one user rank under their avatars: http://www.mixingonbeat.com/phpbb/viewt ... =66&t=9337

supanet

Post by supanet »

M.O.B. wrote:In phpBB 3.0.x -- I used this MOD that showed multiple ranks for users that belong to more than one group.

Special and Normal Rank Images

The developer doesn't plan on updating the MOD, but he states that he will allow anyone to convert it if they wish to. Click Here.

This is what it looks like when running on a site. Notice the members on that page show more than one user rank under their avatars: http://www.mixingonbeat.com/phpbb/viewt ... =66&t=9337
This is exactly what I am looking for. :D
I'm hoping this sort of thing will already be integrated into the extension so you can use normal and special ranks side by side (with multiple special ranks) :D

javiexin
Code Contributor
Name: Javier

Post by javiexin »

You may want to take a look at this: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2327001

It even has an example of use with multi-ranks, here: viewtopic.php?p=14144701#p14144701

supanet

Post by supanet »

javiexin wrote:You may want to take a look at this: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2327001

It even has an example of use with multi-ranks, here: viewtopic.php?p=14144701#p14144701
Excellent :D

a[c]e

Post by a[c]e »

Can't wait for this to be launched! :)

supanet

Post by supanet »

a[c]e wrote:Can't wait for this to be launched! :)
Yes but I would still also like someone to make an extension that was aimed at multi ranks. ;)
as javiexin's extension covers lots more it would still be nice to have one just for ranks. :D

a[c]e

Post by a[c]e »

Agreed :)

a[c]e

Post by a[c]e »

*Bump*

:? :cry:

supanet

Post by supanet »

Would still like to see someone take this on as a dedicated extension. :D

kam009

Post by kam009 »

I would really like to see this made into an extension as well. Or maybe we can get it from phpbb itself . That would be even more awesome! :D

Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn »

Hi, perhaps only a first aid :?: ... until a solution is found. *)Although cumbersome, but it works at first by myself in this moment (phpBB-3.1.5).

If interested (german language!) :
*)This example is -> important -> -> Note: It´s only a way by "Poster-ID"
http://www.ongray-design.de/forum/viewt ... 1073#p7047

... regards
Respect and thanks going to Sir Tim Berners-Lee
My own works: Ongray-Design-de | Rhea, Ongray-Design-de | Proteus
Take a look into some bundles: VT-Theme

a[c]e

Post by a[c]e »

Still no one who is able to make this as an extension? Months and months.. What is the solution? Going back to older versions?

supanet

Post by supanet »

a[c]e wrote:Still no one who is able to make this as an extension? Months and months.. What is the solution? Going back to older versions?
I agree, over 100 posts and still no one is willing to take this on. :o
Very disappointing. :(

Return to “Extension Requests”