Portal + automod

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
highvirus

Portal + automod

Post by highvirus »

I am trying to install this portal on my forums and I was told to use automod to do it but I try and install automod by putting the root files inside my forum files and then going to /install on the end of my forums but when I do I get this error.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/umil/umil.php on line 157: include(../includes/db/db_tools.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/umil/umil.php on line 157: include(../includes/db/db_tools.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/umil/umil.php on line 157: include(): Failed opening '../includes/db/db_tools.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')

Fatal error: Class 'phpbb_db_tools' not found in /home/paintbal/public_html/Forums/umil/umil.php on line 159
highvirus

Re: Portal + automod

Post by highvirus »

I just looked online for some more information and apparently automod is not compatible with 3.1... So how else do I download the portal I wish to use?
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Is the portal itself for 3.0 or 3.1? I'm not aware of any portals that exist for 3.1 yet.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
Dragosvr92
Name: Dragos Valentin Rădulescu

Post by Dragosvr92 »

There are a few portal extensions for 3.1. If what you are trying to install is [RC] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-RC2, then, just copy the board3 folder to your root/ext folder. Then go to ACP/CUSTOMISE/ And Enable the extension from there.
Formerly known as TheKiller
3.0| Avatar on Memberlist 1.0.3
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

In the documentation you will find Installing Extensions, also, all extension support is via the author not in general support. And, you don't need automod for 3.1, extensions install without modifying core code so no editing required.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
highvirus

Post by highvirus »

Dragosvr92 wrote:There are a few portal extensions for 3.1. If what you are trying to install is [RC] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-RC2, then, just copy the board3 folder to your root/ext folder. Then go to ACP/CUSTOMISE/ And Enable the extension from there.
Is it possible to add in different styles? I'm using Black instead of prosilver.

Also instead of having it as /portal can I make it so when people type in my link that's the page it brings them to?
Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

highvirus wrote:Is it possible to add in different styles? I'm using Black instead of prosilver.

Also instead of having it as /portal can I make it so when people type in my link that's the page it brings them to?
Yes, extensions work on all of your installed board styles.

But you havent told us what portal extension you are speaking of....
You should have just asked for support on how to install the extension, in the extension support topic i posted.
highvirus

Post by highvirus »

Dragosvr92 wrote:
highvirus wrote:Is it possible to add in different styles? I'm using Black instead of prosilver.

You should have just asked for support on how to install the extension, in the extension support topic i posted.
I have the portal working now. I just kind of messed with it and got it somehow lol.

I used this viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2259081

I just want to make it my main url.
Solidjeuh
Name: Andy Dm

Post by Solidjeuh »

highvirus wrote:
Dragosvr92 wrote:

I have the portal working now. I just kind of messed with it and got it somehow lol.

I used this viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2259081

I just want to make it my main url.
http://board3.de/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=10991#p35899
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

As i said, extension related issues should be posted in their appropriate topic.
Also, when you have a problem, please provide all the details if you want to be assisted better and sooner.

Do you want to use the portal page, as an index page for your main domain root?

If so, follow these instructions:
https://github.com/board3/Board3-Portal ... -subfolder

If thats not it, please explain again and provide us with an url to your board. You should always provide it for people to know where to look at and provide a fix. Updating your profile with it may be an idea :)

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”