HELP fast please default

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Smithgb

HELP fast please default

Post by Smithgb »

I accidentally added as default many people to certain new group i created. can i somehow undo that or run sql query. before that they were either in registered user or nru+ru if new...im scared to put them all in those groups will they be defaulted? I cant select many people from acp interface...what i want to do is to remove everyone from custom group and move them back....but how do I know if I defaulted them.. help pls
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: HELP fast please default

Post by KevC »

Delete the group

Everyone should stay in the registered users group anyway. You shouldn't remove people from that.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
Smithgb

Post by Smithgb »

ok did and it works...but can you please tell me how I can mass remove people from group and add new ones again where removed ones will have their coresponding group defaulted? I cant find option in acp to "remove all" and listing of users in group is pain...can i run SQL query?
Smithgb

Post by Smithgb »

someone pls..?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

manage groups

Next to each group choose members.

You can select everyone and choose to remove them or set their default group.

If you want to add large numbers of people to a group you can click 'find a member' at the bottom of that page and tick all the users you want, a page at a time if you want to.
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
Smithgb

Post by Smithgb »

Hey kevc thanks..but how I will select all those pages...dont tell me I need to do this page by page...thanks
http://i.imgur.com/lpbOUw4.png
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

In post settings, increase the number of topics per page. That controls the list display in lots of pages like that.
Cheap UK Hosting
Smithgb

Post by Smithgb »

kev im confused...that is list of members in group based on lottery and I change it daily but i need faster way of deleting users from that group without deleting group as whole...is there any sql query I can do? it is really time consuming to do all this manually lol.. :?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

An SQL query would still have to know each user you want to add. I'm not a database expert so I can't suggest how to do it that way. You might have to find a different way to do whatever it is you're doing.
Cheap UK Hosting
Nikola
Name: Nikola

Post by Nikola »

SELECT * FROM `forum`.`phpbb_user_group` WHERE `group_id` = 'X';

Please note that X is group id you are targeting and forum is DB name. You can find the group ID by right clicking on it.This will list all users in the group you want for easier manipulation. Note that phpbb_ is standard prefix. Do not touch the DB if you don't know SQL basics.
"What would happen if the autism gene was eliminated from the genetic pool?

You would have a bunch of people standing around in a cave, chatting and socializing and not getting anything done."

- Dr. Temple Grandin, A Personal Look at Autism and Asperger's Syndrome.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

What exactly are you doing that you need to change users in groups all the time? There may be an extension for your needs.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”