[BETA] Event medals.

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Satanasov
Name: Stanislav Atanasov

Re: [BETA] Event medals.

Post by Satanasov »

RevRaz wrote:Ok, got it to install.

I'm confused what to put in the Add Event Medals area. What do I put for Topic ID? Is that a forum post to reference? What do I put in Custom Images Path? Can I actually use custom images if so how? When I go to Edit Event Medals, in the Choose Event pulldown, the list is blank. If I choose the User and enter my name (where there is a medal), it says no medal found. When I view my profile, I can see the medal, but if I click on it, it goes viewtopic.php?t=0 which is blank. I assume this relates to my question above and I should be putting in a topic id that talks about the event or medal. At the bottom of my profile, I see Add Medal and Edit Medal, but both links say I don't have access to edit or add. What are the purpose of those links? In my profile area where I pick who can see the medal, I pick all, but when I go back to that area again, it still says No One. Does it not read the current setting? Sorry for the questions, I'm just a bit eager to get this working. Also, is there support yet for custom images? I'm hoping that's what the custom image path is referencing.

Thanks
Topic ID is the topic number related to that medal (viewtopic.php?t=xxx).
Custom image path is not required - it is used if you want to use custom images and is relative to $root_path.
The pull down menu is dynamicaly generated from the medals and connected topics ... it should not allow medal without a topic ... this needs to be fixed.
The add medal and edit medals have custom permissions you should give to the user you want to use this links.
The ACL selector should have been fixed ... I did fix it, but I will check that too.
For list of all my extensions go to https://github.com/satanasov
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.
RevRaz

Post by RevRaz »

Right on, ty for this, I really like it. Above there is a screens hot of a setup screen. I can't seem to find that.

Where would I find the permissions for those links?
ash-mortal

Post by ash-mortal »

Hi!

Thanks so much for this extension. I installed it and it is working great so far.

I am trying to use it more as an achievement system with badges. I am running into just one issue. I want the badges/medals to show under the custom profile fields in forum posts instead of the medal icon and numerical count.

I tried copying the code from memberlist_view_content_append.html to viewtopic_body_postrow_custom_fields_after.html, but it doesn't work.

How would I accomplish what I am looking for? (copying how the medals appear under profile to the area after custom profile fields)

Thanks again.
Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

ash-mortal wrote:Hi!

Thanks so much for this extension. I installed it and it is working great so far.

I am trying to use it more as an achievement system with badges. I am running into just one issue. I want the badges/medals to show under the custom profile fields in forum posts instead of the medal icon and numerical count.

I tried copying the code from memberlist_view_content_append.html to viewtopic_body_postrow_custom_fields_after.html, but it doesn't work.

How would I accomplish what I am looking for? (copying how the medals appear under profile to the area after custom profile fields)

Thanks again.
You will have to modify the event that sends the information to the topic page.
https://github.com/satanasov/eventmedal ... p#L72-L160

This is the function that creates the medals ... you should patch it for working with core.viewtopic_modify_post_row event.
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.
Rhino.Freak

Post by Rhino.Freak »

how do I install this? ._.

i don't know how to do the first step and what is the vendor's name? It says to directly put in ext folder?
Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

Rhino.Freak wrote:how do I install this? ._.

i don't know how to do the first step and what is the vendor's name? It says to directly put in ext folder?
$phpbb_root_path/ext/anavaro/postlove this should be the structure.
ash-mortal

Post by ash-mortal »

Satanasov wrote:

Thanks again.

This is the function that creates the medals ... you should patch it for working with core.viewtopic_modify_post_row event.
Thank you for the response!

I tried messing with the functions and researching how phpBB events work, but I don't think I know enough to figure this one out. Would you be willing to help me out with this code? I would happily pay for your time. I would send you a PM but I haven't made enough posts yet :)
Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

ash-mortal wrote:
Satanasov wrote:

Thanks again.

Thank you for the response!

I tried messing with the functions and researching how phpBB events work, but I don't think I know enough to figure this one out. Would you be willing to help me out with this code? I would happily pay for your time. I would send you a PM but I haven't made enough posts yet :)
I've sent you PM. I hope you can respond to it.
ash-mortal

Post by ash-mortal »

Satanasov wrote:I've sent you PM. I hope you can respond to it.
Thanks Satanasov - I will take a look :)
Sariyu

Post by Sariyu »

Is this ready to go on the new release? I havent done coding for a while and am trying to understand the first step but am completely lost, maybe its too early.

1. As this mod/ext is developed to work with other modifications I have made in the phpBB 3 system it is required a bit of "manual labor" - you have to create new DB table called (prefix)_users_custom with UNIQUE column 'user_id' (like the one governing user IDs).

Is it possible to get this step explained for stupid me? >.> really want to get this on my forum for my future members when it opens.
Sariyu

Post by Sariyu »

Got it installed okay in the end, just having the issues with it not linking to the topic have put viewtopic.php?f=8&p=25#p25 with and without a / at the start and the images dont seem to work either. have tried multiple dif ways but cant get it to show DX

Would be nice to be able to do this without a topic tho for like donators etc
Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

Sariyu wrote:Got it installed okay in the end, just having the issues with it not linking to the topic have put viewtopic.php?f=8&p=25#p25 with and without a / at the start and the images dont seem to work either. have tried multiple dif ways but cant get it to show DX

Would be nice to be able to do this without a topic tho for like donators etc
Just add the topic number not the whole viewtopic link using the value ot t=#### ...
Images should be relative to rootpath.
Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

The 3.2 version is now in master.

You can find 3.1 version in a different branch.
noth

Post by noth »

sounds good to me, I would love to try the master version in 3.2 :P
«THÖMÅS®©»

Post by «THÖMÅS®©» »

Regarding: this post

We have updated our boards to phpBB 3.2 from 3.1.19 and we got this error whenever we award a medal to someone:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'user_points' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_users SET medal_user_points = user_points + 0 WHERE user_id = 217

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 999
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysql.php
LINE: 191
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/factory.php
LINE: 329
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysql->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/bb3mobi/medals/controller/medals.php
LINE: 1179
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\factory->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/bb3mobi/medals/controller/medals.php
LINE: 631
CALL: bb3mobi\medals\controller\medals->award_medal()

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: bb3mobi\medals\controller\medals->medals_system()

FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/http-kernel/HttpKernel.php
LINE: 144
CALL: call_user_func_array()

FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/http-kernel/HttpKernel.php
LINE: 64
CALL: Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\HttpKernel->handleRaw()

FILE: [ROOT]/app.php
LINE: 35
CALL: Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\HttpKernel->handle()
I must mention that despite this screen popping up with the above "General error", the medal is actually awarded. Is there anything that could be causing this as we have looked repeatedly and could not see what was causing it. I am wondering if it is a simple issue that could be causing it and I have overlooked it or something.

Could I get some pointers as to what could be causing this please?

Thanks.
“No, this trick won't work... How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?” - Albert Einstein
"For every action has is an equal and opposite reaction". - Sir Isaac Newton
"In honor there is hope" - Alaska State Troopers

Owner & President @ =DN= Dark Nexus Multi-Gaming Clan

Return to “Extensions in Development”