PHPBB 3.1 Localhost?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
XLV

PHPBB 3.1 Localhost?

Post by XLV »

I'm using WAMP and created my phpbb forum onto a dedicated machine but whenever I enter in the domain name~ It shows my WAMP Server and not my phpbb.

Is there any way to fix that? I want it to show my phpbb forum and I also wanted to know how to make seperate pages such as www.yourdomain.com/forums/ or www.yourdomain.com/index/
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: PHPBB 3.1 Localhost?

Post by Oyabun1 »

Do you have a registered domain name? If so, there should be instructions available from the registrar on how to change the DNS settings to point to the correct location.
XLV wrote:and I also wanted to know how to make seperate pages such as www.yourdomain.com/forums/ or www.yourdomain.com/index/
Those addresses aren't pages they are sub-directories. You would just create folders of those names within the www folder of your WAMP installation.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
Diyasena
Name: diyasena

Post by Diyasena »

If you want to put your phpBB on main localhost Delete everything in www folder and paste phpBB extracted files into C:\wamp\www folder.

Then your www folder should look like this.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

Diyasena wrote:If you want to put your phpBB on main localhost Delete everything in www folder and paste phpBB extracted files into C:\wamp\www folder.
DO NOT do that unless you are willing to lose everything currently in your www root. Also, the path C:\wamp\www is only correct if C:\wamp is where you currently have WAMP installed.
                      Support Request Template
Diyasena
Name: diyasena

Post by Diyasena »

Oyabun1 wrote:
Diyasena wrote:If you want to put your phpBB on main localhost Delete everything in www folder and paste phpBB extracted files into C:\wamp\www folder.
DO NOT do that unless you are willing to lose everything currently in your www root. Also, the path C:\wamp\www is only correct if C:\wamp is where you currently have WAMP installed.
Yes but I guessed it is newly installed wamp and there is should not be another projects, according to him. :)
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

XLV wrote:I'm using WAMP and created my phpbb forum onto a dedicated machine but whenever I enter in the domain name~ It shows my WAMP Server and not my phpbb.

Is there any way to fix that? I want it to show my phpbb forum and I also wanted to know how to make seperate pages such as http://www.yourdomain.com/forums/ or http://www.yourdomain.com/index/

So You created a phpBB forum in Wampserver and now moved it to a live host?

If this is true you need to go into the database and search for localhost. You should find under the _config table server name and cookie name. Enter your site address domain instead of localhost.

Reading this again, it sounds like you're using Wampserver for hosting? If this is the case. I would make damn sure you read everything on the Wampserver site and ask at their forum about securing it.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

and make sure it is ok with your ISP as well. many ISPs will shut down your account for trying to host a website from home using their bandwidth.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
XLV

Post by XLV »

what ip would i hook it up with? i followed a video and did it as localhost and the standard 127.0.0.1

and also for the subdomain~ i make a seperate folder and store in the files and make the registrar pin point towards that folder???
Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

Presumably you have an account with a static IP address from your ISP? It is usually that IP you would point the domain name to.

However, there should be information on the website of whichever WAMP package you are using on how to configure it. Configuring a WAMP server is outside the scope of support here.
                      Support Request Template
XLV

Post by XLV »

Its a dedicated server so ill link it to my dedi ip?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

if you have a dedicated server then why are you trying to run your board from your home computer using wamp?

just install phpbb on your dedicated server like normal.
installing phpbb on your home computer using wamp is normally just for a testing platform and there is no real need for it to be connected to the internet for that.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
XLV

Post by XLV »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:if you have a dedicated server then why are you trying to run your board from your home computer using wamp?

just install phpbb on your dedicated server like normal.
installing phpbb on your home computer using wamp is normally just for a testing platform and there is no real need for it to be connected to the internet for that.

robert
the site is hooked to the wamp thats why... I set my DNS to go straight towards my IP and my WAMP shows up.
We need this due to running other servers/services

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”