[ABD] Sort Topics Alphabetically

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Bruninoit
Registered User
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:34 pm
Location: Florence (Italy)
Name: Bruno Andrew
Contact:

[ABD] Sort Topics Alphabetically

Post by Bruninoit » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:53 am

Description: Conversion of Ameeck MOD that gives an option to show only topics starting with a specific character, on viewforum.

Image

Image

Here
  • simple support
  • feedback
  • CDB at end of develop
On my forum
  • advanced support
  • personalisation

User avatar
pierredu
Registered User
Posts: 931
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:04 am
Location: Paris (France)

Re: [RC] Sort Topics Alphabetically

Post by pierredu » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:55 pm

Hello,

Fine.
Here is the french translation:

Code: Select all

$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
'STA' => 'Tri alphabétique des sujets',
'ALL_STA' => 'Tous les sujets'
));
Two remarks.

You used a hard-coded colon at the end of the first group of words. You should use the constant {L_COLON} because it puts a non breaking space before the colon for languages which need it, like French.

The pagination doesn't seem to be OK, that is, if you ask for next page, it is not sorted anymore. You probably have some parameters to put in the URL.

On the other hand, the users of my forum will be happy with it.
Thanks.

Bruninoit
Registered User
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:34 pm
Location: Florence (Italy)
Name: Bruno Andrew
Contact:

Re: [RC] Sort Topics Alphabetically

Post by Bruninoit » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:07 pm

Very strange... I've inserted a cookie system which permits to change pages with the same sort... Can you give me a link?

Demo
Last edited by Bruninoit on Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Posts: 6187
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:24 pm
Location: Spain
Name: Raul Arroyo
Contact:

Re: [RC] Sort Topics Alphabetically

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:12 pm

Bruninoit wrote:Here
  • simple support...
On my forum
  • advanced support...
Sorry for the question, but ... what is the difference between simple support or advanced support? :roll:
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies :warning:


If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate with Image
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:



Bruninoit
Registered User
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:34 pm
Location: Florence (Italy)
Name: Bruno Andrew
Contact:

Re: [RC] Sort Topics Alphabetically

Post by Bruninoit » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:14 pm

Advanced support means personalizations, custom edits, big new features :geek:

User avatar
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Posts: 6187
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:24 pm
Location: Spain
Name: Raul Arroyo
Contact:

Re: [RC] Sort Topics Alphabetically

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:16 pm

Perfect Bruno, thanks. ;)
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies :warning:


If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate with Image
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:



User avatar
pierredu
Registered User
Posts: 931
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:04 am
Location: Paris (France)

Re: [RC] Sort Topics Alphabetically

Post by pierredu » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:48 pm

Bruninoit wrote:Very strange... I've inserted a cookie system which permits to change pages with the same sort... Can you give me a link?
Not today. For now, I'm testing on a development server which is not accessible from the internet.

Bruninoit
Registered User
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:34 pm
Location: Florence (Italy)
Name: Bruno Andrew
Contact:

Re: [RC] Sort Topics Alphabetically

Post by Bruninoit » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:36 pm

pierredu wrote:
Bruninoit wrote:Very strange... I've inserted a cookie system which permits to change pages with the same sort... Can you give me a link?
Not today. For now, I'm testing on a development server which is not accessible from the internet.
So... Bho! I've tried it on 2 different server and it works... :geek: :ugeek:

MadCon88
Registered User
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: [RC] Sort Topics Alphabetically

Post by MadCon88 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:14 pm

Great, thank you,
;)

I think there should be option to disable that "memory system" or what it is - when I show topics starting with A, then I go to index and when I'll go back to that forum to see new topics, it would be "resetted" so there will be all topics, no just that starting with A :)

But thanks for this!


/I tried your forum but it is down...

systemcrack
Registered User
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:35 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: [RC] Sort Topics Alphabetically

Post by systemcrack » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:09 pm

Very nice job!
Sorry for my bad English ..

Bruninoit
Registered User
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:34 pm
Location: Florence (Italy)
Name: Bruno Andrew
Contact:

Re: [RC] Sort Topics Alphabetically

Post by Bruninoit » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:42 am

NEW VERSION RC2 with 2 important bug fixed (style and memory)

BF79
Registered User
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: [RC] Sort Topics Alphabetically

Post by BF79 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:53 am

Bruninoit wrote:NEW VERSION RC2 with 2 important bug fixed (style and memory)
thanks!!! possibe to add sort Alphabetically members topic !! ?

Bruninoit
Registered User
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:34 pm
Location: Florence (Italy)
Name: Bruno Andrew
Contact:

Re: [RC] Sort Topics Alphabetically

Post by Bruninoit » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:57 am

BF79 wrote:
Bruninoit wrote:NEW VERSION RC2 with 2 important bug fixed (style and memory)
thanks!!! possibe to add sort Alphabetically members topic !! ?
Explain better please

BF79
Registered User
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: [RC] Sort Topics Alphabetically

Post by BF79 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:13 am

Bruninoit wrote:
BF79 wrote:
Bruninoit wrote:NEW VERSION RC2 with 2 important bug fixed (style and memory)
thanks!!! possibe to add sort Alphabetically members topic !! ?
Explain better please
thanks for reply !!!
well...
Alphabetically username member means
all topics opened in this forum will be started by Alphabetically name of members ascending or descending
exp:
forum [3.1.x] Extensions in Development
Alg topic
Alg topic
Alg topic
Alg topic
Bruninoit topic
Bruninoit topic
Bruninoit topic
cece74 topic
dmzx topic
dmzx topic
dmzx topic
.
.
.
Z.. member topic

so I will check all topic of x username in [3.1.x] Extensions in Development in few seconds

Bruninoit
Registered User
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:34 pm
Location: Florence (Italy)
Name: Bruno Andrew
Contact:

Re: [RC] Sort Topics Alphabetically

Post by Bruninoit » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:01 am

BF79 wrote: thanks for reply !!!
well...
Alphabetically username member means
all topics opened in this forum will be started by Alphabetically name of members ascending or descending
exp:
forum [3.1.x] Extensions in Development
Alg topic
Alg topic
Alg topic
Alg topic
Bruninoit topic
Bruninoit topic
Bruninoit topic
cece74 topic
dmzx topic
dmzx topic
dmzx topic
.
.
.
Z.. member topic

so I will check all topic of x username in [3.1.x] Extensions in Development in few seconds
It's a different ext... I'll probably do it, separately.

Locked

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”