[ABD] Block Link New Users

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Re: [BETA] Block Link New Users

Post by 3Di »

travel wrote:
Siava wrote:May be it is not correct to find group "new users" by id=7?
Siava wrote:For example, on my forum id of this group not 7.
This is a reason! 8-)

Your extension is working good, but I see now one bug:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/bruninoit/blnu/event/blnu.php on line 87: Undefined index: post_text
That's not related IMHO, just some thing more.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Bruninoit
Name: Bruno Andrew

Post by Bruninoit »

travel wrote: Your extension is working good, but I see now one bug:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/bruninoit/blnu/event/blnu.php on line 87: Undefined index: post_text
Umh thanks, fixed in new version which will exit tomorrow.
Bruninoit

Post by Bruninoit »

NEW VERSION 0.1.0-B2.
travel

Post by travel »

Now it's ok.
I have already tested on my live board.
Thank You!
noth

Post by noth »

good luck with this Bruninoit, yet another EXT on the road eh? :mrgreen:
Description: If a user is in group "new registered users" cannot insert url in posts
what occurs to me here is that one of the primary reasons for activating this "new registered users" group, is to have "post approval" :geek:

Even if you choose in ACP to have a small number say 2, as the number of posts to be approved this can (usually does) stop spam dead in its tracks!

Now surely that is what this EXT is also focusing on, the ocurrence of Spam from new members.

But if your forums is using the "new registered users" group as originally intended, it is perfect to run "post approval" meaning your Moderators will see the first X posts from your new members before they get near the threads, so why this EXT? your Moderators will refuse any Spam posts, that is their primary job I would have thought.

I personally am a huge fan of the "new registered users" group with "post approval" - for me it always has and always will totally control your incoming spam - just my thoughts on this ;) I don't see this EXT being needed if post approval is already on
Bruninoit

Post by Bruninoit »

Eh obviously... However if someone wants, it's simple to edit to block for all users or some other conditions
rockmartin

Post by rockmartin »

Hello everybody,
I have the plugin enabled in my forum and it works fine. Thanks ;)

The plugin is set the be blocked all external and internal links. For now, internal links are blocked, so it is not possible to create a quote. How can I adjust it, that are internal links was approved ?

Greetings Martin
Derky
Development Team Member
Development Team Member

Re: [ABD] Block Link New Users

Post by Derky »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the extension author has not been active in this topic recently and the download link is down. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extensions Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extensions Team

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”