Discuss: phpBB 3.1.7-PL1 Released

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
LavIgor

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.1.7-PL1 Released

Post by LavIgor »

John connor wrote:Think I discovered an issue. I have two boards I updated in my test server using Xampp. When you click Permanently delete the post, the post looks soft deleted. It isn't Permanently deleted.
The functionality has been changed so that when it is possible to use soft delete, it will be done after clicking on the "Delete" button.
If the title of the button is wrong, you can report a bug to the tracker.
hrx

Post by hrx »

If I've enable extension on my forum then before update to 3.1.7 I have to turn them off or can I just easy update the software? It doesn't matter what default style I have set for forum? If I need to set the prosilver?
LavIgor

Post by LavIgor »

hrx wrote:If I've enable extension on my forum then before update to 3.1.7 I have to turn them off or can I just easy update the software? It doesn't matter what default style I have set for forum? If I need to set the prosilver?
Update does not require you to have an absolutely clear board.
Please read the corresponding instructions for 3.1.x -> 3.1.y updates.

Just upload the full package and update the database.
If you have custom styles, it's better to update them too, but in many cases it is not absolutely required.
Some extensions may stop working after this update if they used $sql variable in the event core.obtain_users_online_string_sql. You may need to simply install the updated versions of them.

In most cases 3.1.x updates are smooth and easy. :)
Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

hrx wrote:If I've enable extension on my forum then before update to 3.1.7 I have to turn them off or can I just easy update the software? It doesn't matter what default style I have set for forum? If I need to set the prosilver?
Does not really matter if the extensions are enabled or not and which style you have running.
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

When will the code change be available?

https://area51.phpbb.com/code-changes/3.1.0/

Thanks!
hrx

Post by hrx »

I downloaded this package: phpBB-3.1.6_to_3.1.7-pl1 I sent the content to the server, where it was necessary to overwrite files I did it, then I run the update process clicking on the link in ACP and I click in checking files and I chose the method of update: Download archive of modified files (recommended), I downloaded package update_3.1.6_to_3.1.7-pl1 and I sent to the server all content where it was necessary to overwrite files I did it, next I click into button: Continue the update and appeared announcement: All files are compatible with the latest version of phpBB. In next step I updated database and appeared announcement: Everything is compatible with the latest version of phpBB. So everything I did correctly? I ask about that because for the first time I updated forum by patch.

Easy way is to update the forum by download full package phpBB 3.1.7, after unzip package have to send all into server except config.php file and update database by myaddress.pl/install/database_update.php, it is the also right method of update the software?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

either way works. to me, the easiest method is to use the complete package.

with extensions system there is really no need to be editing the core files,therefore, the auto update method is not really needed and is just more complicated.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

Aside from developing wonderfully useful software, the phpBB team also documents Updating from stable releases of phpBB 3.1.x, which covers the various options.

Rather than repeatedly posting our own interpretations and recipes, I'd suggest going directly to proper source of information. My $0.02, having RTFM. :ugeek:
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

John connor wrote:Think I discovered an issue. I have two boards I updated in my test server using Xampp. When you click Permanently delete the post, the post looks soft deleted. It isn't Permanently deleted.

Can anyone else confirm?
Thank god! I thought it was just me. :lol:
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
hrx

Post by hrx »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:either way works. to me, the easiest method is to use the complete package.

with extensions system there is really no need to be editing the core files,therefore, the auto update method is not really needed and is just more complicated.

robert
For me it's also the easiest method. Thanks for opinion.
Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn »

Yeah, thanks for your works. But please update the code changes, so that we could as always access, because the familiar interface is not updated, and the procedure is cumbersome.

Thank you and best regards ...
Best regards
phpBB3 Designs - My own works: Stylearea Ongray-Designs, Adventinducement-Calendar for phpBB
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I assume you are talking about doing the code changes for the styles because there is no reason to be doing manual code changes for the php files.

If you are editing your core phpbb files ( other than styles ) then you can use the autoupdate method of updating.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

kinerity wrote:

Can anyone else confirm?
Thank god! I thought it was just me. :lol:
I cannot reproduce this. Did you delete the post as the poster or as an administrator or moderator? I tried as both the poster and as an administrator and in both cases the it shows up in MCP with "Deleted post ..."

You mention running on Xampp, I'm running on a CentOS LAMP server, just in case that matters.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

P_I wrote:I cannot reproduce this. Did you delete the post as the poster or as an administrator or moderator? I tried as both the poster and as an administrator and in both cases the it shows up in MCP with "Deleted post ..."

You mention running on Xampp, I'm running on a CentOS LAMP server, just in case that matters.
CentOS 6.7, PHP 5.6.17, MySQL 5, running phpBB 3.1.7-PL1. I deleted the post via the MCP. When ticking the box that says "Permanently delete", you can go back to the topic and it will show the post as soft deleted. Only when you delete it again from inside viewtopic will it be permanently deleted. I tested on 3 different servers, on 3 different networks, on 3 different computers - same result.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn »

@ Lumpy Burgertushie, :)

Yeah, -- what else? The question does not arise in this way, in her statement ;)
Best regards
phpBB3 Designs - My own works: Stylearea Ongray-Designs, Adventinducement-Calendar for phpBB

Return to “phpBB Discussion”