[ABD] Ultimate Blog

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
drooid

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Blog

Post by drooid »

sgtevmckay wrote: IS it at all possible to add an area in the ACP for this extensions so that we can rename it, so that it does not show "Blog" in the forum menu?

I would prefer it to say: "News" instead of Blog.

Would this be possible?
Rename it in language pack.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

drooid wrote:
sgtevmckay wrote: IS it at all possible to add an area in the ACP for this extensions so that we can rename it, so that it does not show "Blog" in the forum menu?

I would prefer it to say: "News" instead of Blog.

Would this be possible?
Rename it in language pack.
Sweet...Thanks :D
leschek

Post by leschek »

It seems that your language files have the same entries as phpBB and they overwrite some default phpBB's language strings. For example in file common.php are lines:

Code: Select all

'PARSE_BBCODE'		=> 'Parse BBCode',
	'PARSE_SMILIES'		=> 'Parse Smilies',
	'PARSE_URLS'		=> 'Parse URL\'s',
Those lines cause problem in "Manage forums" - "Edit".
Fast_Eddie
Name: Ed

Post by Fast_Eddie »

Make Blog the Landing/home page
You can define any homepage you like in acp / board settings / main website url
travel

Post by travel »

Fast_Eddie wrote:You can define any homepage you like in acp / board settings / main website url
Very good idea and simply solution.
Thank you. ;)
ArgyrosfeniX

Post by ArgyrosfeniX »

Hi posey!

The blog is looking great!

I found a couple of items that should mentioned - they are things I can fix on my own for my board, but thought you might want to be aware for the next iteration to upload.

1) The RSS/Atom doesn't seem to be parsing line-breaks correctly (they show up as text "<br />" in my feed reader) and I'm getting an <hr /> showing as a line at the end of the entry.

Code: Select all

<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[name]]></name></author>
		<published>Wed, 13 Jan 2016 17:13:27 -0600</published>
		<id>http://mydomain.com/forum/app.php/blog/20</id>
		<link href="http://mydomain.com/forum/app.php/blog/20"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Discipline Absolute]]></title>
		<category term="Discipline" label="Discipline"/>
		<content type="html" xml:base="http://mydomain.com/forum/app.php/blog/20"><![CDATA[
			I just finished the first draft. I'll work on editing later today, and start the next book tomorrow, splitting my time for a bit between writing and editing.<br />It's a bit different! <br /><br />I hope to have it ready for the first edits (from other people) in about two days or so. Maybe three.<br /><br />Yay!
			<hr />
		]]></content>
	</entry>

2) I checked out the blog on my iPhone 6+ and noticed that the Avatars don't adjust for the format and are being cut in half. (Migrated old blog entries -> why there are entries from July)

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
trilobyte550m

Post by trilobyte550m »

I've installed and am testing this on a closed beta site, great job so far!

A few first impressions, from installing and using to skimming this thread.
  • I'd like an easier way to rename it from "Blog" than manually editing the language file.
  • I'm not sure how difficult it would be to set, but perhaps a User controlled permission to allow comments on, off, or friends-only? I see that when posting, there is a checkbox to enable comments - having a friends option would be a great enhancement.
  • Perhaps uploading could be done via the standard PHPBB add attachments protocol (when writing posts)?
I would also love to see a layout change. On boards where the avatar size is larger, the user/blog poster info is disruptive (see my image embed below). Could this be moved off to the side? Or is it possible to dynamically resize the profile picture to thumbnail size (as ProSilver does on mobile devices)?

The guy in the tophat (me) is the profile picture, and IMO it doesn't need to take up the full space. If it were reduced to a postage stamp that fit beside the 3 lines of text that would be perfect.

All in all, though, I'd like to say THANK YOU for all the work so far - this extension is amazing
travel

Post by travel »

trilobyte550m wrote: If it were reduced to a postage stamp that fit beside the 3 lines of text that would be perfect.
+1

Posey, are you still working on this ext :?:
«THÖMÅS®©»

Post by «THÖMÅS®©» »

No reply must mean no? I was looking for a mod to do this, and this on is perfect, but not yet complete. :(
“No, this trick won't work... How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?” - Albert Einstein
"For every action has an equal and opposite reaction". - Sir Isaac Newton
"In honor there is hope" - Alaska State Troopers

Owner & President @ =DN= Dark Nexus Multi-Gaming Clan
zurab

Post by zurab »

Please. Really need to make an additional field.
mikestarace

Post by mikestarace »

Hey Posey,

Thanks for providing this extension. Overall it seems to be working great, but I was wondering if there is a way I can remove the "Blog" button on the navigation bar. The style I'm using also adds buttons to the navbar, and the "Blog" button interferes with it. (my site can be found here if you need a visual.)

I am still new to editing css files, but I'm hoping there is an easy way to remove the button. I appreciate the work you put into this, very well done!
mike2003

Post by mike2003 »

It looks very cool! It would be nice to add a tag system. And remove the BB codes from the RSS feed. Or html tags?
Matthew_Greg

Post by Matthew_Greg »

Dude, i thank you so much.
Matthew_Greg

Post by Matthew_Greg »

Fast_Eddie wrote:
Make Blog the Landing/home page
You can define any homepage you like in acp / board settings / main website url

Hi, that only changes the landing page after clicking on the logo, but what i have in mind is this blog being the "Home" page, meaning that when someone inserts the domain name from anywhere else will be reirected to it.
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the extension author has not been active recently. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extensions Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extensions Team

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”