[DEV] Puzzle

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
noth

Re: [DEV] Puzzle

Post by noth »

Works great in prosilver

Black style inherits from prosilver so I thought this ext may work ok, it appears to do but when you press Mix (in Black) it doesn't mix the image, image sits there unchanged, no pieces appear

Exactly the same thing happens in Allan style subsilver so it seems to me this is a prosilver only ext - works great in prosilver!!

Actually I just found out that the issue above is due to being LOGGED OUT! the puzzle works fine in Black or Allan -Style subsilver provided you are LOGGED IN

I thought about permissions but a quick check and I can't find them HOWEVER should we give Guests that permission anyway ? I am unsure!
If this option is enabled, the puzzle pieces will be simply mixed, but not flipped.
I selected YES

and yet when seeing the puzzle a line of text says

"To start the puzzle, click the button Mix.

Hint: Please keep in mind, that the puzzle pieces can be flipped horizontally and vertically!"
pathfinderenterprises

Post by pathfinderenterprises »

Is it possible for the pieces to 'Lock' together when correctly connected to another piece allowing them to be moved together?

Also is it possible to allow the pieces to be moved further away from the 'puzzle box' to make sorting them easier?
Last edited by pathfinderenterprises on Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keith

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
donsenilo
Name: Markus

Post by donsenilo »

But is it possible to add a button "Next Puzzle" and remove "Description:" if the description-field is empty ?

Where is the "PUZZLE_BACKLINK" ?

And can guests use the puzzle ?
Is this ext still in work ?
dmzx

Post by dmzx »

yes still active.
Contact me on dmzx-web.net
Buy me a beer Donate and try binance.com or try CentOS Web Panel
noth

Post by noth »

I just checked a user for something else (board warning issued) and I saw this in the User Notes
Jay900 IP NO 18 Mar 2016 12:51 pm {LOG PLAYED PUZZLE}
Jay900
Jay900 IP NO 16 Feb 2016 08:13 pm {LOG PLAYED PUZZLE}
Jay900
Jay900 IP NO 14 Feb 2016 10:32 am {LOG PLAYED PUZZLE}
Jay900
:mrgreen: so even if your users say little about the puzzle .... you find, They're playing it!! :lol:
LadyAnna
Name: Anna Broman

Post by LadyAnna »

Great idea, looking forward to seeing this fully functional.

As stated earlier setting the option "Simple mix" doesn't work, pieces are still flipped all possible ways.

I'd also like to see an option to click on to next puzzle, in case you don't fancy the current image, instead of refreshing the page and hoping for a better one (if possible even making the puzzles selectable from thumbnails).
donsenilo
Name: Markus

Post by donsenilo »

Again ...

is it possible, that guests can use your ext ?
aeneas1

Post by aeneas1 »

really like this extension, it's very customizable, but just noticed a ton of "anonymous" users and "bots" in the user log with the following action description: dmz puzzle > anonymous (or bot) played dm puzzle... when i look up the ip address of these anonymous that are shown as playing the puzzle, i get digital ocean in new york city, at&t uverse in san francisco, cloudfare in oregon, google bot, Palo Alto Networks in texas, the list goes on and on.... in fact the only anonymous users that show up in my users log have the "played dm puzzle" in the action description, and there's a lot of them... so what's going here? is this something to woory about?
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

seems im missing the icon
Home.png
Home.png (1.05 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
and theres a space here for some reason phpbb 3.3
Screenshot_2020-06-10 vtarcade - DM Puzzle.png
Screenshot_2020-06-10 vtarcade - DM Puzzle.png (3.8 KiB) Viewed 1556 times
eunaumtenhoid

Post by eunaumtenhoid »

when someone finishes the puzzle is shown who finished first? it would be very interesting to see who is doing the fastest to be able to reward the fastest

it would be interesting to put levels and at each puzzle hit the user would go to others and score points to be able to make it like a mini championship on the site (forum)
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes
max-ima

Post by max-ima »

Tested on 3.3.7 and works. Thanks
Schabirosky

Post by Schabirosky »

Tested on 3.3.8 and it show no ACP Settings Menu ....

And don't work with PHP 8.0 ...

Get this error:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/dmzx/puzzle/controller/puzzle.php on line 92: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/dmzx/puzzle/controller/puzzle.php on line 120: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/dmzx/puzzle/controller/puzzle.php on line 121: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

From what I can see on github, it's officially for phpBB 3.1 and PHP 5.6 at the maximum, plus, the last commit was on 19 Jan 2016 and PHP 7.0.3 was Released: 04 Feb 2016, so it's quite probable that using the current supported PHP version, something is bound to be broken.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the extension author has not been active recently. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extension Customisations Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as "abandoned" or "in development", on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extension Customisations Team

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”