[CDB] mChat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
sgtevmckay

Re: [RC] mChat

Post by sgtevmckay » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:21 pm

post eliminated, repeat post again :/

BirdTheWord

Post by BirdTheWord » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:38 pm

It seems like such a small thing when you put it in a screencap haha

The area circled in yellow (that empty dark blue bar) was not there prior to installing the extension, and those little icons there on the far right that are now on their own row were up on the same level as the "members" icon.

I was able to play around with my own computer display settings and make it look like this instead:

But now I have the word "mChat" kind of nestled over there unpleasantly with the non-word-based icons.. Yea this seems super picky and I'm a little embarrassed by it given the low caliber of my website making skills. xD

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:03 am

the style "Black" uses font awesome icons. so, the template event will need to be made with a link using font awesome and then adding that style to the extension. this is where having the extension blend with other styles will come into play. a simple example would be to look at the template events in the phpBB 3.2.x version of my extension on GitHub as it is set up using font awesome

PRORS

Post by PRORS » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:47 pm

Using: phpbb 3.1.7-pl1 / mChat Version 1.0.0-RC1

Really nice extension. But last night I tried last RC version and we experienced (firefox, opera, IE - all latest) some bad double-triple posting and out of sync messages (like newer messages appear before older ones). Especially on mobile devices (phones, tablets - different browsers), after missing some messages and opening the browser it becomes a mess. Nonstop latest messages reappear (in random order) until refresh of the page.
Cache cleared several times from ACP, phpbb cache folder and hosting cache folder.
I returned to 0.2.0, at least it’s stable for me.
Anyone experiencing the same problem?

boogi

Post by boogi » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:23 pm

Cool extension. I'm using 1.0.0-RC1 on phpbb-3.1.7-pl1 (and used mchat on 3.0.x for years). I probably found one bug (1.), have one idea on modification (2.) and a question (potential bug?) about session (3.). See below:

1. There is a little bug with mentioning user on chat. In file ext/dmzx/mchat/styles/prosilver/template/mchat.js, function mention(), line 326:

Code: Select all

} else if (mChat.allowBBCodes) {
there is no allowBBCodes defined anywhere, so mention always puts user name without [.b] [./b] tags. My temporary lame modification is to always put bbcodes around user name, because all my users uses bbcodes.

2. I have modified it little for users on mobile devices. There is "@" sign in chat window, when you click it, then username is mentioned in your message. On mobile phone, you "click" it with your finger, and users complained that it is too easy to click on username of user being mentioned, and be redirected from chat window to "view profile" page. In my modification when you click on "@" sign OR user login, then you mention this user. If you click on avatar, then you go to profile page.
Modification is done in file ext/dmzx/mchat/styles/prosilver/template/mchat_messages.html, and changes line 10 to:

<div class="mchat-message-header">
		<!-- IF not MCHAT_ARCHIVE_PAGE --><span class="mchat-mention" data-mchat-action="mention" title="{L_MCHAT_RESPOND}" <!-- IF mchatrow.MCHAT_USERNAME_COLOR --> style="color:{mchatrow.MCHAT_USERNAME_COLOR}"<!-- ENDIF -->>
		<strong>&#64;</strong> {mchatrow.MCHAT_USERNAME}</span><!-- ELSE -->{mchatrow.MCHAT_USERNAME_FULL}
		<!-- ENDIF --> - {mchatrow.MCHAT_TIME}
	</div>

3. There is some problem with session, when user is on mChat, then he/she is logged out too early. I double checked ACP settings and I'm trying further to investigate this problem (maybe there is mistake in configuration). Here I only mention it, maybe someone else is having it also?

Thank you for great extension!

Jeleus

Post by Jeleus » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:22 pm

Jeleus wrote:Hi. I also want to know how to move "MINI-CHAT" text on the middle: Image . Thanks.
Still not solved.
Someone ?

lopoto

Post by lopoto » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:36 pm

kasimi wrote:Add this to your CSS:

#mChat + div.forabg dt {
	text-align: center;
}
working well!

Jeleus

Post by Jeleus » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:42 pm

lopoto wrote:
kasimi wrote:Add this to your CSS:

#mChat + div.forabg dt {
	text-align: center;
}
working well!
That code already is in /ext/dmzx/mchat/styles/prosilver/theme/mchat.css but nothing changed. :(

Jeleus

Post by Jeleus » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:44 am

Solved.
I used right instead of center and now is centered. :))

Allen142
Name: Allen Nguyen

Post by Allen142 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:38 pm

Thank you for making the mChat extension to RC (release candidate) version! It took months and about a year to finish this extension. :)
No sign of a forum I owned.

Thank you,
Allen

timeypizza

Post by timeypizza » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:19 am

Hi,

Is it possible to change the layout, so that the time is displayed on the same line as the text? This would use less room and you could have more messages in a fixed height.

And is it possible to disable sound by default?

Thx.

martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:12 am

timeypizza wrote:Hi,

Is it possible to change the layout, so that the time is displayed on the same line as the text? This would use less room and you could have more messages in a fixed height.

And is it possible to disable sound by default?

Thx.
Like this ?

<!-- IF S_CODE_UNTIDY and S_MESS_ON_INDEX Good If_Not_TIDY_Then_SUBMIT -->

alex75
Name: Alessandro

Post by alex75 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:50 pm

in 1.0.0 rc1 I not see the delete button. also if I click on the "view more smilies" I get error can not contact the server; the mistake lies in the address:

http://www.vitara.ithttp//www.vitara.it/posting.php?mode=smilies

tortipouss

Post by tortipouss » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:02 pm

@dmzx: Hi and sorry if this is not the right place to write this message, but I can't create an account on your forum http://www.dmzx-web.net.. :(
Whether with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera.

dmzx

Post by dmzx » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:07 pm

tortipouss wrote:@dmzx: Hi and sorry if this is not the right place to write this message, but I can't create an account on your forum http://www.dmzx-web.net.. :(
Whether with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera.

A ok will check on it
Contact me on dmzx-web.net
 Need a Host or buy me a beer Donate and try binance.com

Return to “Extensions in Development”