Updating with extensions installed

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Pond Life

Updating with extensions installed

Post by Pond Life »

Do I need to disable the extensions before running the automatic update (3.1.6 to 3.1.8)?
Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
david63

Re: Updating with extensions installed

Post by david63 »

Pond Life wrote:Do I need to disable the extensions before running the automatic update (3.1.6 to 3.1.8)?
No - but you only need to use the auto update if you have modified any core files - otherwise use the full version remove config.php upload to your site and run install/database_update.php, remove the install folder and job done.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
Pond Life

Post by Pond Life »

Thank you David. I have modified a few core files so I do need to use the auto update but I'm happy with that, it's how I've been updating for years.

[edit]Sorry, one more question; where can I find the style changes so I can update my style (Prosilver child)?[/edit]
Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
david63

Post by david63 »

Pond Life wrote:where can I find the style changes so I can update my style
Is this what you are looking for https://gist.github.com/nickvergessen/e ... f670cc88e3
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
Pond Life

Re: Updating with extensions installed - solved

Post by Pond Life »

Yes, that's it. Thanks again David. :D

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”