[MODDB] Jabber Support for userprofiles

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
joefish

Post by joefish » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:44 pm

ptlis wrote:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
         $sql = "INSERT INTO " . USERS_TABLE . "   (user_id, username, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_level, user_allow_pm, user_active, user_actkey)
Was this the problem area and did you have to manually edit in ", user_jabber" after the ", user_msnm"?

Yes and yes. I looked at that segment of the code, and it seemed exactly the same as in your mod file, yet easymod could not find it. As I said above, this has happened to me before with other mods. I don't know why.

Rondom

Post by Rondom » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:10 pm

I installed 0.0.4 by hand. I don't like EM. I only use it for big mods like cat-hierachy or attach mod.

Your mod doesn't install successfully with EasyMOD, because you use find-commands that look for the whole lines which are often modified by other mods. Also the SQL doesn't get executed with EasyMod, if you use $table_prefix instead of phpbb_.

I guess there aren't any bug fixes in 0.0.5, only some modifications to make it more compatible to EasyMod.

ptlis

Post by ptlis » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:05 pm

Rondom wrote: I installed 0.0.4 by hand. I don't like EM. I only use it for big mods like cat-hierachy or attach mod.

Your mod doesn't install successfully with EasyMOD, because you use find-commands that look for the whole lines which are often modified by other mods. Also the SQL doesn't get executed with EasyMod, if you use $table_prefix instead of phpbb_.

I guess there aren't any bug fixes in 0.0.5, only some modifications to make it more compatible to EasyMod.

Yeah, the only difference between 0.0.4 & 0.0.5 is the change from using "$table_prefix" (the variable used in phpBB to store the table's prefix) to using "phpbb_" (the default value).
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.....my life is my own.

ian!

Post by ian! » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:23 am

I've just finished my own jabber mod (b/c didn't found this mod here before) and made some changes to the phpBB2.2 jabber-button to make it fit the others. Feel free to download it here:

http://download.iansview.com/phpbb/mods/icon_jabber.gif

joefish

Post by joefish » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:13 am

Is your mod different, or does it do exactly the same as this one?

ian!

Post by ian! » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:52 pm

joefish wrote: Is your mod different, or does it do exactly the same as this one?

I just had a quick glace over this mod. -- It's mostly the same.

My jabber-mod:
http://download.iansview.com/phpbb/mods ... 0.1.tar.gz

I would have added it to the mods database but then I found this thread. One jabber mod might be enough. That's why I didn't submit it yet.

ptlis

Post by ptlis » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:02 pm

I've just quickly done a comparrison of ian!'s mod and my own and they're nearly identical, except his version changes the ACP, something which i'd overlooked when writing my mod. If it is okay i'd like to splice that section of his mod into the existing mod & then change the mod author field to reflect co-authorship (seeing as barring the ACP sections they're damn near identical).

ptlis
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.....my life is my own.

ian!

Post by ian! » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:12 pm

ptlis wrote: If it is okay i'd like to splice that section of his mod into the existing mod & then change the mod author field to reflect co-authorship (seeing as barring the ACP sections they're damn near identical).

Sure.. go for it.

ptlis

Post by ptlis » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:23 pm

Okay, version 0.0.6 has been released, with the only changes being some cleaning up & standardisation of the code in the modification and the addition of ian!'s changes to the ACP. If you've already installed a previous version of this modification and want the extra functionality added into the ACP here is a 'mini-modification' which adds only that.

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------
#
admin/admin_users.php
#
#
$msn = ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['msn']) ) ? trim(strip_tags( $HTTP_POST_VARS['msn'] ) ) : '';
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
        $jabber = ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['jabber']) ) ? trim(strip_tags( $HTTP_POST_VARS['jabber'] ) ) : '';
#
#
validate_optional_fields($icq, $aim, $msn, $yim, $website, $location, $occupation, $interests, $signature);
#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]----------------------------------------
#
, $msn
#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]----------------------------------
#
, $jabber
#
#
$msn = htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($msn));
#
#
            $jabber = htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($jabber));
#
#
SET " . $username_sql . $passwd_sql . "user_email = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $email) . "', user_icq = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $icq) . "', user_website = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $website) . "', user_occ = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $occupation) . "', user_from = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $location) . "', user_interests = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $interests) . "', user_sig = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $signature) . "', user_viewemail = $viewemail, user_aim = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $aim) . "', user_yim = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $yim) . "', user_msnm = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $msn) . "', user_attachsig = $attachsig, user_sig_bbcode_uid = '$signature_bbcode_uid', user_allowsmile = $allowsmilies, user_allowhtml = $allowhtml, user_allowavatar = $user_allowavatar, user_allowbbcode = $allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline = $allowviewonline, user_notify = $notifyreply, user_allow_pm = $user_allowpm, user_notify_pm = $notifypm, user_popup_pm = $popuppm, user_lang = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_lang) . "', user_style = $user_style, user_timezone = $user_timezone, user_dateformat = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_dateformat) . "', user_active = $user_status, user_rank = $user_rank" . $avatar_sql . "
#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]----------------------------------------
#
, user_msnm = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $msn) . "'
#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]----------------------------------
#
, user_jabber = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $jabber) . "'
#
#
$msn = htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($msn));
#
#
            $jabber = htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($jabber));
#
#------[ FIND ]-----------------------------------------------
#
$msn = htmlspecialchars($this_userdata['user_msnm']);
#
#------[ AFTER, ADD ]-----------------------------------------
#
        $jabber = htmlspecialchars($this_userdata['user_jabber']);
#
#
$s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="msn" value="' . str_replace("\"", """, $msn) . '" />';
#
#
            $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="jabber" value="' . str_replace("\"", """, $jabber) . '" />';
#
#
'MSN' => $msn,
#
#
            'JABBER' => $jabber,
#
#
'L_MESSENGER' => $lang['MSNM'],
#
#
            'L_JABBER' => $lang['JABBER'],
#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------
#
templates/subSilver/admin/user_edit_body.tpl
#
#
    <tr> 
      <td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_MESSENGER}</span></td>
      <td class="row2"> 
        <input class="post" type="text" name="msn" size="20" maxlength="255" value="{MSN}" />
      </td>
    </tr>
#
#
    <tr> 
      <td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_JABBER}</span></td>
      <td class="row2"> 
        <input class="post" type="text" name="jabber" size="20" maxlength="255" value="{JABBER}" />
      </td>
    </tr>

ian!

Post by ian! » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:14 am

Great!

(Works for 2.0.12 too btw.)

ptlis

Post by ptlis » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:43 pm

Indeed it does, thanks; I checked last night (happened to be online when 2.0.12 was released) but was too tired to say so here. As it's now functionally complete and has no bugs i've submitted it to the Mod database.

ptlis

Post by ptlis » Sun May 01, 2005 12:18 pm

Just a note to say that this mod has been validated and released so any support/feature requests should be posted here: phpBB Jabber Support

shesteasing

EasyMod compliant Jabber Mod

Post by shesteasing » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:47 pm

Does anyone have a jabber MOD that is easymod compliant? Please send me a link. Thank you

~ Lynn

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”