Author: Frank Ingermann
Extension Description: This extension lets you limit the number of new topics users can start in various (sub-) forums per day, week and/or month.
Extension Version: 0.9.0 beta1 (2015-11-22)
Requirements: phpBB 3.1.x, php >=5.3.3
- only kicks in when user hits "new topic", no overhead otherwise
- flexible setting of max. number of allowed topics per forum
- individual settings for daily, weekly and monthly checks
- allows to set a common limit for all forums, overrideable for specific forum(s)
- limit topic count for a group of subforums in addition (that is, check by counting topics from two or more forums together)
- checking can be limited to certain user groups (e.g. only Registered + Newly registered Users)
- certain ranks can be excluded from all checks, (e.g. for "V.I.P."-type user ranks or Admins)
Credits go to David (david63), whose TopicAgeWarning extension served as a blueprint for this one here.
- more testing
- make the rules parser more robust against invalid input (bad syntax)
- provide a means of customizing the error messages in the ACP
Can be seen here on my test site.
(i currently can't upload screenshots here )
Demo URL: http://phpbb3.frankingermann.de/
Demo Username: TestUser
Demo Password: TestPassword
Extension Download: http://phpbb3.frankingermann.de/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2