[ABD] WP Phpbb Unicorn - bridges

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
twm49

Re: [ALPHA] WP Phpbb Unicorn - bridges

Post by twm49 »

Excuse my bad english.
Congratulations for the great work you are doing. The latter correction was particularly useful.

I do not know if it is correct to speak about WP on PhpBB, but can not write to you in private ...
The widget "WP phpBB Bridge" correctly reads the avatar only on the Home page, in the other pages will not work. Test forum: http://lnx.3rotaie.it/wp2/ user: demo pass: demo

Thanks for your help
Tito sorry my bad English
php 7.3.27 - PhpBB 3.3.3 => my forum 3rotaie.it
Link al sito ufficiale italiano per l'assistenza di phpBB
pisymbol

Post by pisymbol »

Hey, this thread is *really* long...question:

All I want is the ability to cross post what I publish on WP to a phpBB 3.1.8 forum? Is that possible? If so, how do you handle images if at all?

Also, if all the above works out, I assume I would only need the WP plugin not the phpBB one, correct?
trilobyte550m

Post by trilobyte550m »

You would likely need both, the WP plugin sending info to the PHPBB site, and the PHPBB extension handling the incoming WP data and formatting/post structure.
Wardormeur

Post by Wardormeur »

Didn't test with only the WP one, but I believe you need an user to post, which is the one normally publishing the article.
Based on that, you should need the 2 plugins .

Next to be refreshed : the WP plugin, im just a bit busy right now with work :)
bacon tacon

Post by bacon tacon »

Hi,

I installed wpphpbbunicorn to a Wordpress multisite (phpBB 3.1.8. WP 4.4.2–en_GB, PHP 5.6). On saving phpbb path and phpbb url, I saw these errors:

Warning: unlink(/home/www/mywebsite.com/WP/wp-content/plugins/wpphpbbunicorn-master/inc/cache/functions_content.php): No such file or directory in /home/www/mywebsite.com/WP/wp-content/plugins/wpphpbbunicorn-master/inc/Proxy.php on line 8

Warning: unlink(/home/www/mywebsite.com/WP/wp-content/plugins/wpphpbbunicorn-master/inc/cache/common.php): No such file or directory in /home/www/mywebsite.com/WP/wp-content/plugins/wpphpbbunicorn-master/inc/Proxy.php on line 9

Warning: unlink(/home/www/mywebsite.com/WP/wp-content/plugins/wpphpbbunicorn-master/inc/cache/functions_user.php): No such file or directory in /home/www/mywebsite.com/WP/wp-content/plugins/wpphpbbunicorn-master/inc/Proxy.php on line 10

I cleared cache and saved again. This error was reported:

Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/path_helper.php on line 232: str_repeat(): Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0

And while the plugin is activated, visiting the site I get:
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Unknown column 'wordpress_id' in 'field list' [1054]
Mandar

Post by Mandar »

Hello,

Sorry for my english i'm french.
I have try to install your extensions, but i have a problem on the activation of phpbbwpunicorn

my wordpress is in the root folder and my phpbb in the forum folder. No worries about installing the plugin Wp but phpbb version doesn't work at the activation.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/wardormeur/phpbbwpunicorn/proxy.php on line 52: file_get_contents(/wp-includes/user.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/wardormeur/phpbbwpunicorn/proxy.php on line 75: file_get_contents(/wp-includes/formatting.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Thank you for your help.
elawrenc

Post by elawrenc »

Hey there, just checking in to see if there are going to be any new developments soon?
floxx

Post by floxx »

Hi,

Do you have some news about this ext?
TomiK1212

Post by TomiK1212 »

how a setup should be done from beginning to end??

I have tried several WP version and my phpbb version is 3.1.9 but there will always notice that config.php does not exist!!

thanks in advance
twm49

Post by twm49 »

TomiK1212 wrote:how a setup should be done from beginning to end??

I have tried several WP version and my phpbb version is 3.1.9 but there will always notice that config.php does not exist!!

thanks in advance
viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2309501&p=1426543 ... #p14265436
Tito sorry my bad English
php 7.3.27 - PhpBB 3.3.3 => my forum 3rotaie.it
Link al sito ufficiale italiano per l'assistenza di phpBB
TomiK1212

Post by TomiK1212 »

Thanks for the answer

I saw this and tried but it did not affect the situation still get an error message!

any other good advice on the situation!
orangutan69

Post by orangutan69 »

OK, I just found this and I'm looking to see where this project stands.

I have users that register on our WP site 4.5.2, that that need to use their user/pass pushed over to phpBB 3.1.9 (after their account is approved). Wondering if this project does anything similar?
mijean

Post by mijean »

Hello,
I use this plugin on a site still in testing.
I randomly a problem when logging on WP with the following error message.

Fatal error: Call to a member function add() on a non-object in /home/www/f22ac1c930210554683e86017ef32597/web/test/forum/includes/functions.php on line 3299

If at the same time I try to log on PHPBB: no problem.
I think there is a problem with cookies, if I delete cookies in PHPBB, everything falls into place.
I would like to resolve this issue prior to this online site.
Thank you in advance.

Jean Michel.
boogi

Post by boogi »

I'm also interested in this plugin, so +1 for question: will it be developed further?
chris62340

Post by chris62340 »

Hi all,

that's a great bridge.
I have a question :
i need that people who wants to register with the WP registration form to be registered only in WP, and not in the phpBB forum. So i don't need the link into the phpbb registration but on the WP registration.

However, i need that people who register in the forum to be registered too in the WP.

Is that possible ? I don't know where to do that in the WP plugin.

Thank you very much for your answer, best regards

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”