[ABD] Local URL To Text

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
carloclaessen

Re: [BETA] Local URL To Text

Post by carloclaessen »

will there be an options to also get the internal links converted like app.php/chat to Chat
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

It does that already

image post
carloclaessen

Post by carloclaessen »

HiFiKabin wrote:It does that already
it doesnt for all, it only supports atm the pages extension
carloclaessen

Post by carloclaessen »

carloclaessen wrote:will there be an options to also get the internal links converted like app.php/chat to Chat
kicking it up
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the extension author has not been active recently. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extensions Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extensions Team
___Martin

Post by ___Martin »

Sorry for the long delay, I'm working on finishing this extension and creating a release for the phpBB 3.2.
mike2003 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:06 pm Bad working witn non-english in setting (UTF8 may be problem)
was 3 letters - change to ??????
Thanks, you're right! I created an issue and will fix it before the phpBB 3.2 release: https://github.com/Mar-tin-G/LocalUrlToText/issues/13
carloclaessen wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:39 pm will there be an options to also get the internal links converted like app.php/chat to Chat
Sorry, I don't think this will be possible. It can be done for known extensions, like the phpBB pages extension, where a link like

Code: Select all

app.php/page/my-page
can be looked up in the database ("is there a page with the route 'my-page'?") and replaced with the page title from there.
But I don't know how to properly replace anything following a

Code: Select all

app.php/
with a fitting text.
potku

Re: [3.2][BETA] Local URL To Text

Post by potku »

A quick test shows promising results. I have always disliked the way links on the Internet in general look like. They are an ugly mess of characters. At least now our site has internal links that are kinder to the eye. Martin, thank you! :)
Potku.net

"Before I speak, I have something important to say."

- Groucho Marx
potku

Re: [3.2][BETA] Local URL To Text

Post by potku »

By the way, is this EXT browser-dependent? With Chrome, I can see this post like I should, but with Maxthon, it looks like it did before this EXT? Maybe I am missing something here... :)

Potku.net

- Groucho Marx
___Martin

Post by ___Martin »

The new release 1.1.1 is out. This release is for the phpBB 3.2 version, and I will submit this version to the phpBB extension database, so now this is a Release Candidate.

New in this version:
  • phpBB 3.2 support
  • support replacing links with different protocol scheme (thanks @VOOM108)
Fixed in this version:
  • handling of UTF-8 characters (thanks @mike2003 and @3Di)
  • do not replace custom link text (thanks @VOOM108)
potku wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:50 pm By the way, is this EXT browser-dependent? With Chrome, I can see this post like I should, but with Maxthon, it looks like it did before this EXT? Maybe I am missing something here... :)
The extension is server-side only (PHP code), there is no JavaScript or other code involved running in the browser, so it's not browser-dependent. For me, also in Chrome the post shows the default link text, not the replaced text.

Could you please have a look at this issue and check your board settings regarding "Cookie Secure"? Maybe this solves the problem.
Last edited by ___Martin on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: [3.2][RC] Local URL To Text

Post by HiFiKabin »

Just updated to the latest version, perfect.

Named links now show correctly without editing (thank you) Great ext
potku

Post by potku »

___Martin wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:40 am Could you please have a look at this issue and check your board settings regarding "Cookie Secure"? Maybe this solves the problem.
Thanks for the link. Our cookies are set to secure, but the local URLs are not replaced throughout. Some of them are. And I am talking about new posts, not the ones posted before installing this EXT. I am lost. :D
Potku.net

- Groucho Marx
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

potku wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:12 am
___Martin wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:40 am Could you please have a look at this issue and check your board settings regarding "Cookie Secure"? Maybe this solves the problem.
Thanks for the link. Our cookies are set to secure, but the local URLs are not replaced throughout. Some of them are. And I am talking about new posts, not the ones posted before installing this EXT. I am lost. :D
Try adding your domain name as local host to hosts file:

/etc/hosts

127.0.0.1 potku.net www.potku.net
potku

Post by potku »

Thanks! :) Our technical admin added that. How do you all see the local url in this post?

https://www.potku.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 34#p917634

With Maxthon, I see it as the ugly string of characters as it has always been. With Chrome, I see it as a beautiful link as per this EXT, and Firefox does the same. I wonder what is wrong with my default browser... Since it isn't the world's most popular browser, it doesn't really matter. What matters is what everyone else sees. :)
Potku.net

- Groucho Marx
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

potku wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:58 am Thanks! :) Our technical admin added that. How do you all see the local url in this post?

https://www.potku.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 34#p917634

With Maxthon, I see it as the ugly string of characters as it has always been. With Chrome, I see it as a beautiful link as per this EXT, and Firefox does the same. I wonder what is wrong with my default browser... Since it isn't the world's most popular browser, it doesn't really matter. What matters is what everyone else sees. :)
Firefox Linux, still usual phpbb URLs:

potku

Post by potku »

Hmm, OK, thanks. :) Well, maybe Martin will have an idea as to why that is.
Potku.net

- Groucho Marx

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”