phpBB MOD Support Forum Lockdown Notice

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
AbelaJohnB
Former Team Member

phpBB MOD Support Forum Lockdown Notice

Post by AbelaJohnB » Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:22 am

After a great deal of consideration we are announcing that we'll be locking down this forum for all new posts. Additionally, in 14 days, the entirety of this specific forum (MOD Support) will be locked down to not allow any thread posting. Once this complete lock-down takes place, the phpBB Team (mainly the MOD Team) will be going through the ~23k+ posts and weeding out anything that does not contain useful code nor support. From there the code will be put up for 'adoption' for anybody that has a desire to take it on as a MOD Author, and any useful support information/posts will be placed into the phpBB KB System.

The decision to do this has come from a great deal of thought and future planning. It is our hope this course of action will help our Support Teams here @phpBB more quickly address any issues you might have concerning a MOD within our MOD Database. Likewise, it will allow us the ability to start putting into place a number of new features we've been working very hard to get developed and put into place for the better part of the year!

With this course of action also comes the finally of phpBB offering support for MOD's not located within our phpBB MOD Database, nor in development within the phpBB MOD 'Beta Forum'. We ask all phpBB users to perform searching on the MOD Title of the given MOD your are after, first within the "MOD Release Announcements & Support" and if you do not find any results there, to try the "MOD Beta Development". If that does not turn up any results, than phpBB simply cannot offer support for the given MOD. In these cases, we recommend you send an Email to the MOD Author (most MOD's have the authors email within them, near the top of the template) to acquire any necessary support you might need for the given MOD.

We thank everybody that has been offering support within the phpBB MOD Support Forum and invite you to continue doing so within both the "MOD Release Announcements & Support" and "MOD Beta Development" forums!

As always, feel free to contact me via PM with any specific questions you might have. I'm not the fastest replier, but I try very hard to address all answers sent my way :mrgreen:

AbelaJohnB
Former Team Member

Post by AbelaJohnB » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:53 am

Just a quick notice to state there are five (5) days remaining, until this the final lock-down of this Category Forum.

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:56 pm

Please note that while this plan may still come to fruition it is now on hold. I don't see the MOD Team sorting through 23K posts as a good expenditure of resources. I will be in communication with both the MOD Team and other the other Teams of this board in the near future and we will be coming to a definitive conclusion on the configuration of the MOD forums. Right now the more pressing issue is processing of MODs in the validation queue and this is where our energies are being applied.

This topic will be one of the first to be revisited once our primary task is under control.

Thank you,
-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!

wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:36 pm

In continuing this, the MOD Support forum is now hidden from regular users. Over the coming months the MOD Team will be slowly going through this forum looking for posts that we feel will benefit the community and submit them to the Knowledge Base.
Eric

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”