[CDB] PayPal Donation Extension aka PPDE

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Skouat
Code Contributor

Re: [DEV] PayPal Donation Extension aka PPDE

Post by Skouat »

Hi,
valiantiam wrote:Dont know how possible this would be...
same for me ;)
valiantiam wrote:but a recurring donation options would be awesome. Something along the line of a subscription mode / option that would put you in a specific usergroup(s) or pull you out of it depending on your subscription status.
Not planned yet... maybe one day.
valiantiam wrote:Just a feature request. Love everything else so far. Also the IPN setup process could use some additional instruction for newbie users. I had to do some searching to find the right urls etc.
This will be available in the FAQ of the extension when it will be approved by phpBB extension Team. However, keep in mind that this extension should be considered as a dev version and and should not be installed on live board, or if you do this, it's at your own risk.

Note for translators:
I've updated projects on transifex. Now there is two translation projects (one for each branch on Github).
There is one major issue with this plateform... the .txt file could not be uploaded. You must translate them through the web service.
nsbb

Post by nsbb »

I'm having a heck of a time with permissions.

As founder, I can access the donations page just fine and it works perfectly. I just can't make it authorized for anyone else on the site.

I've set the group permissions and the role permissions for everyone I can think of, but it hasn't worked. Any thoughts?

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/forum

Never mind...I figured it out. My acl_options table had somehow lost the autoincrement on the key, so all the entries were set to 0. This naturally wreaked a bit of havoc.
entonox

Post by entonox »

Skouat,

Can you explain how we can get / download translations for PPDE? or integrate them in phpBB?
Skouat
Code Contributor

Post by Skouat »

Hi,

Go to My Transifex Page, select your language, and choose the project regarding the downloaded branch (Master/developp).

Download each ressource files with the option "Download for use".
Then, put files in the directory /ext/skouat/ppde/language/xx/ (based on the en structure/naming directory).
james30263

Post by james30263 »

I installed this extension and it works great. Nice work!

Question, In the future will a donation that is made be added to the progress bar automatically? I see it's currently manual. Seems like all the donation mods I see for phpbb you have to add manually to the progress. Can this be done? Thanks
Skouat
Code Contributor

Post by Skouat »

Hi,

To benefit ot the automatic statistics updates, you must activate the "PayPal IPN" feature.
james30263

Post by james30263 »

Skouat wrote:Hi,

To benefit ot the automatic statistics updates, you must activate the "PayPal IPN" feature.
Ok, I thought I turned it on. I will check it again. Thanks
james30263

Post by james30263 »

Hi Again, I have a PayPal business account and cant seem to get the auto update working on the goal progress bar. Here are some examples of what I'm doing.

If the IPN is set to http://www.mywebsite.com/app.php/ipn-listener the donor will not show on the donors page and the donation bar will not update.

If the IPN is set to http://www.mywebsite.com the donor will show on the donors page but the donation bar will not update.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

I'm not sure what the IPN url needs to be set to.

Thanks for your help.
james30263

Post by james30263 »

james30263 wrote:Hi Again, I have a PayPal business account and cant seem to get the auto update working on the goal progress bar. Here are some examples of what I'm doing.

If the IPN is set to http://www.mywebsite.com/app.php/ipn-listener the donor will not show on the donors page and the donation bar will not update.

If the IPN is set to http://www.mywebsite.com the donor will show on the donors page but the donation bar will not update.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

I'm not sure what the IPN url needs to be set to.

Thanks for your help.
Update, It's working now...

The IPN needed to be set to http://www.mywebsite.com . since the donation amount was below $1.00 (After paypal took their piece) it left the donations at .67 . That's why the bar never updated. Once I donated another $1.00 the bar updated.
Skouat
Code Contributor

Post by Skouat »

james30263 wrote:The IPN needed to be set to http://www.mywebsite.com . since the donation amount was below $1.00 (After paypal took their piece) it left the donations at .67 . That's why the bar never updated. Once I donated another $1.00 the bar updated.
It depends of the goal amount you define in the ACP.
Mainly, if you see the transaction in the "transaction log", then it means that it works.
james30263

Post by james30263 »

Ok, Now that I got that figured out everything is running great! Very nice work! :mrgreen:
bjorna

Post by bjorna »

Hi

Will this extension be made available also for subsilver2?
david63

Post by david63 »

bjorna wrote:Will this extension be made available also for subsilver2?
I would doubt it as subsilver2 is EOL and will not be supported in phpBB 3.2
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

bjorna wrote:Hi

Will this extension be made available also for subsilver2?
Allan subsilver2 is based on prosilver so it will be compatible. https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... subsilver/
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
bjorna

Post by bjorna »

Thank you for your replies. I will try and see how it works.

Return to “Extensions in Development”