[CDB] PayPal Donation Extension aka PPDE

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Skouat
Code Contributor

Re: [DEV] PayPal Donation Extension aka PPDE

Post by Skouat »

Have you check the admin permissions?
wrkalot

Post by wrkalot »

Everything seems to be working fine for me except for the "Overview" page in the admin area.

Error:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'DateTime::__construct() [<a href='datetime.--construct'>datetime.--construct</a>]: Failed to parse time string (@) at position 0 (@): Unexpected character' in /home3/homedirectory/public_html/domain.com/phpbb/datetime.php:50 Stack trace: #0 /home3/homedirectory/public_html/domain.com/phpbb/datetime.php(50): DateTime->__construct('@', Object(DateTimeZone)) #1 /home3/homedirectory/public_html/domain.com/phpbb/user.php(728): phpbb\datetime->__construct(Object(phpbb\user), '@', Object(DateTimeZone)) #2 /home3/homedirectory/public_html/domain.com/ext/skouat/ppde/controller/admin_overview_controller.php(101): phpbb\user->format_date('') #3 /home3/homedirectory/public_html/domain.com/ext/skouat/ppde/acp/ppde_module.php(58): skouat\ppde\controller\admin_overview_controller->display_overview('') #4 /home3/homedirectory/public_html/domain.com/includes/functions_module.php(674): skouat\ppde\acp\ppde_module->main('\skouat\ppde\ac...', 'overview') in /home3/homedirectory/public_html/domain.com/phpbb/datetime.php on line 50
Tutorial: How to add ads to your forum viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2417316
H34dbanger

Post by H34dbanger »

Of course i checked the admin permissions.
Skouat
Code Contributor

Post by Skouat »

wrkalot wrote:Everything seems to be working fine for me except for the "Overview" page in the admin area.

Error:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'DateTime::__construct() [<a href='datetime.--construct'>datetime.--construct</a>]: Failed to parse time string (@) at position 0 (@): Unexpected character' in /home3/homedirectory/public_html/domain.com/phpbb/datetime.php:50 Stack trace: #0 /home3/homedirectory/public_html/domain.com/phpbb/datetime.php(50): DateTime->__construct('@', Object(DateTimeZone)) #1 /home3/homedirectory/public_html/domain.com/phpbb/user.php(728): phpbb\datetime->__construct(Object(phpbb\user), '@', Object(DateTimeZone)) #2 /home3/homedirectory/public_html/domain.com/ext/skouat/ppde/controller/admin_overview_controller.php(101): phpbb\user->format_date('') #3 /home3/homedirectory/public_html/domain.com/ext/skouat/ppde/acp/ppde_module.php(58): skouat\ppde\controller\admin_overview_controller->display_overview('') #4 /home3/homedirectory/public_html/domain.com/includes/functions_module.php(674): skouat\ppde\acp\ppde_module->main('\skouat\ppde\ac...', 'overview') in /home3/homedirectory/public_html/domain.com/phpbb/datetime.php on line 50
It seems to be an issue with phpBB.

viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2311881
viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2270751
viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2333346
viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2334331
etc.
H34dbanger wrote:Of course i checked the admin permissions.
Really I've no idea why it doesn't work on your board.
Does it possible that you provide by PM a test account with admin right? Or at least with Extension management and PPDE management rights.
wrkalot

Post by wrkalot »

Skouat wrote:
wrkalot wrote:Everything seems to be working fine for me except for the "Overview" page in the admin area.

Error:
It seems to be an issue with phpBB.

viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2311881
viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2270751
viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2333346
viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2334331
etc.
Thanks for that but I am still getting the error after several attempts, clearing the cache multiple times and different browsers.
Skouat
Code Contributor

Post by Skouat »

Please, run this query

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM phpbb_config WHERE config_name = 'ppde_install_date'
wrkalot

Post by wrkalot »

MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.0004 seconds.)

Manually looking through the db I don't see ppde_install_date
Skouat
Code Contributor

Post by Skouat »

Please could you add it manually?
I will check this point later.
wrkalot

Post by wrkalot »

Manually add and it's working now. Thanks!
Skouat
Code Contributor

Post by Skouat »

I have tested the installation of the ext with a fresh install of phpBB and all works as expected.

Does your board has been migrated from 3.0?
If yes have you previously installed a PayPal donation Mod?
If yes which one?
wrkalot

Post by wrkalot »

Skouat wrote:I have tested the installation of the ext with a fresh install of phpBB and all works as expected.

Does your board has been migrated from 3.0?
If yes have you previously installed a PayPal donation Mod?
If yes which one?
Yes, it was upgrade from 3.0 and I probably tested a paypal donation MOD or 2 but none were ever used... I have no idea what they might have been. It's been a while since I upgraded :)
Skouat
Code Contributor

Post by Skouat »

@wrkalot: Ok! Maybe an issue with this extension migration tool.

@All: The version 1.0.1 of PPDE was denied by the phpBB Extension Team.
I'm working on the new version to fix all issues reported by the team.
Skouat
Code Contributor

Post by Skouat »

Hi All,

The version 1.0.2 was submitted to phpBB validation.

This is a bugs fix release. No new features.
Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

Is there a way we can manually add transactions? Some of our members pay by bank account and it would be nice to show them in the list as donors?

Even an SQL statement would do.
v12mike

Post by v12mike »

I installed this extension (v1.0.2) on a test forum (v3.1.9), and when using it on my admin/founder login, it seems to work correctly, but when logged as a normal user, or as a guest, the Donations/Donors links in the header are not present.
I have tried with prosilver and we_universal styles.

Return to “Extensions in Development”