post and register notifications

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Methen

post and register notifications

Post by Methen »

is there a way to sit up the board so when someone registers and or post I get a email letting me no, I was not getting and I had a whole lot of spam, I know I can sit up to have the admin approve registers, But that is a bit of a pain and is a little unfair to make people wait if Iam not home...
Somebody is asking for a Hinne Whooping!!!
AmigoJack

Re: post and register notifications

Post by AmigoJack »

Methen wrote:when someone ... post
You can use the approve feature, so posts only get published after being moderated.
Methen wrote:admin approve registers, But that is a bit of a pain and is a little unfair to make people wait if Iam not home
Without modification there is no other way. Registrants don't need immediate activation - what's so wrong with waiting i.e. 24h? Likewise this is the reason why boards usually have multiple administrators, not only one. And last but not least: having internet access is not bound to being home.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
Methen

Post by Methen »

I just wanted to get a email letting me know when someone post a message or register...
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

to get a email about a post, subscribe to all of your forums and set your personal notifications to send you an email when there is a new post/reply.

to get notified when there is a new register, you either have to select register by admin or you have to install an extension for the purpose. https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... istration/

and be sure to set your notifications to get the email.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Methen

Post by Methen »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:to get a email about a post, subscribe to all of your forums and set your personal notifications to send you an email when there is a new post/reply.

to get notified when there is a new register, you either have to select register by admin or you have to install an extension for the purpose. https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... istration/

and be sure to set your notifications to get the email.

robert
Iam using the mod version have no interest in updating...
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

sorry, I forgot we were in the 3.0 forum.

use the MOD for this purpose .

however, if you have the anti spam setup properly then you will not get any spam registrations to begin with.

the only ones you will get that have to be approved will be legitimate people trying to register.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”