[DEV] Post Love

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
CarpCharacin
Name: James Stewart

Re: [BETA] Post Love

Post by CarpCharacin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:31 pm

I tried to upgrade to phpbb 3.2 RC1, but I got an HTTP 500 error, so I can't upgrade and the site is down. People are telling me that it has something to do with the postlove extension.

kevinaf

Post by kevinaf » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:22 pm

You should not use this extension or phpBB3.2 RC1 on a live board.

Place your backup back on the server to get your forum online again.

CarpCharacin

Post by CarpCharacin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:23 pm

kevinaf wrote:You should not use this extension or phpBB3.2 RC1 on a live board.

Place your backup back on the server to get your forum online again.
People use betas on live boards all the time, and if anything a RC is more stable than a beta. The board isn't very active at all. I am going to use it. I am thinking that I may just try to do the upgrade with all fresh 3.2 files.

Satanasov
Name: Stanislav Atanasov

Post by Satanasov » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:56 pm

It's possible that Post Love breaks under 3.2 ... but I never tested it under 3.2.
For list of all my extensions go to https://github.com/satanasov
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.

mikepetro

Post by mikepetro » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:45 am

I encountered a problem where the array display when viewing "All likes" from a User profile, worked, but did not take you directly to the post that was liked.

The change I made that fixed it was in the Lovelist.php file, line 148:

Original

Code: Select all

$post_link = '<a href="' . $this->root_path .($short == 1 ? '' : ($page > 1 ? '../../../' : '../')) .'viewtopic.php?p=' . $row['post_id'] . '#'. $row['post_id'] .'" target="_blank" >' . $row['post_subject'] . '</a>';
Modification: Notice the added "p' in the '#p'. $row['post_id]'' bit

$post_link = '<a href="' . $this->root_path .($short == 1 ? '' : ($page > 1 ? '../../../' : '../')) .'viewtopic.php?p=' . $row['post_id'] . '#p'. $row['post_id'] .'" target="_blank" >' . $row['post_subject'] . '</a>';
This worked an it now scrolls to the exact post that was liked.

CarpCharacin

Post by CarpCharacin » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:50 am

mikepetro wrote:I encountered a problem where the array display when viewing "All likes" from a User profile, worked, but did not take you directly to the post that was liked.

Original

$post_link = '<a href="' . $this->root_path .($short == 1 ? '' : ($page > 1 ? '../../../' : '../')) .'viewtopic.php?p=' . $row['post_id'] . '#'. $row['post_id'] .'" target="_blank" >' . $row['post_subject'] . '</a>';

$post_link = '<a href="' . $this->root_path .($short == 1 ? '' : ($page > 1 ? '../../../' : '../')) .'viewtopic.php?p=' . $row['post_id'] . '#p'. $row['post_id'] .'" target="_blank" >' . $row['post_subject'] . '</a>';
So will that make it work with 3.2?

CarpCharacin

Post by CarpCharacin » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:55 am

Satanasov wrote:It's possible that Post Love breaks under 3.2 ... but I never tested it under 3.2.
It does break. Are you going to fix it? When do you plan to release it in the customisations DB? This topic was created 2 years ago.

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:41 pm

CarpCharacin wrote:
Satanasov wrote:It's possible that Post Love breaks under 3.2 ... but I never tested it under 3.2.
It does break. Are you going to fix it? When do you plan to release it in the customisations DB? This topic was created 2 years ago.
Yes, I am going to fix it. And the customization DB is work in progress ... as per when ... this is a hole other issue ...
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.

mikepetro

Post by mikepetro » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:57 am

CarpCharacin wrote:
mikepetro wrote:I encountered a problem where the array display when viewing "All likes" from a User profile, worked, but did not take you directly to the post that was liked.

Original

So will that make it work with 3.2?
I have no clue, I am working in 3.1x

Musiker15

Post by Musiker15 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:50 pm

In my Forum there is the Share Extension from dmzx and that is also on the right site. Can you put that in the next update to the other site on the left?

Or you write here how I can move it to the left.
I'm from Germany so my English is not the best... :roll:

bennybernaer

Post by bennybernaer » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:04 pm

Musiker15 wrote:In my Forum there is the Share Extension from dmzx and that is also on the right site. Can you put that in the next update to the other site on the left?

Or you write here how I can move it to the left.
viewtopic_body_postrow_post_notices_after

<div style="float: left; margin-top: 12px;" class="postlove">
	<!-- IF DISABLE != 1 --><a href="{postrow.POST_LIKE_URL}" data-ajax="toggle_love" title="Like dit bericht"><!-- ENDIF --><span class="{postrow.POST_LIKE_CLASS}" id="likeimg_{postrow.POST_ID}"></span><!-- IF DISABLE != 1 --></a><!-- ENDIF -->
	<span title="{postrow.POST_LIKERS}" style="font-size: 1.3em; vertical-align: top;" id="like_{postrow.POST_ID}">{postrow.POST_LIKERS_COUNT}</span> x 
</div>

Musiker15

Post by Musiker15 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:52 pm

I'm from Germany so my English is not the best... :roll:

Crusoeman

Post by Crusoeman » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:04 am

As you will see from viewtopic.php?f=496&t=2396261 KevC, Support Team Member has suggested I look at this topic on Post Love.

So far there have been 447 posts here about Post Love (now 448!) and it has run on for a couple of years so plenty of activity and questions. In simple terms will Post Love work straight out of the box with 3.1.10 and Prosilver or is much work still necessary?

This is what I am looking to achieve?

Tim

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:23 pm

But post love works on 3.1.x ... for 3.2 I will need to rework some parts of it.

Crusoeman

Post by Crusoeman » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:06 pm

Many thanks, that's good news. I've downloaded the Post Love extension and looked at the images directory.

I guess we could simply replace, for example, the 'Red-Heart-16' image with our own ''Like This' image, but keep the same file name, and it should work?

I'm sure that we could change the file name but that must domino into other changes elsewhere. I'm trying to keep the whole process as simple as possible. I know it won't be a red heart but as long as we know what the file name represents it won't matter.

Tim

Return to “Extensions in Development”