Advanced Customizable Profile Request

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Suggested Hosts
ObsidianKaesken

Advanced Customizable Profile Request

Post by ObsidianKaesken » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:50 am

So, I'm using phpBB to create an online social forum with customizable avatars (much like GaiaOnline, SoliaOnline, Caedon, Zantarni Entertainment, Syndrone Online, etc.) and I noticed that much like Gaia, Solia and Syndrone all have users profiles which can be completely customizable by the user and also has CSS option for the user to create their profiles.

I'm wondering if there's a place to get this or if this is a code that they all ended up purchasing from some freelancer. Every time I try to do a Google search, the results are nowhere close to what I'm looking for.
If anyone could help point me in the correct direction or if someone is able to create such an extension for phpBB3, that would be lovely.

Thanks for the read.

ObsidianKaesken

Re: Advanced Customizable Profile Request

Post by ObsidianKaesken » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Still looking.

Tarantino

Post by Tarantino » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:11 pm

Maybe this can help: https://github.com/bruninoit/phpbbsn ?
Its super DEV, but... take a look.

ObsidianKaesken

Post by ObsidianKaesken » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:19 pm

Tarantino wrote:Maybe this can help: https://github.com/bruninoit/phpbbsn ?
Its super DEV, but... take a look.
A'ight, thanks. I'll snag a look.

Toxyy

Post by Toxyy » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:28 pm

Any news on something like this? Closest thing I can think of would be to somehow make profiles compatible with sitemaker maybe?
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

My extensions:
[3.2][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][RC] Show User Activity ||
[3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics

nou nou

Post by nou nou » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:12 pm

This looks promising:

viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2490661

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:02 am

curious why if you want a social network you don't just install a social network program that includes a bulletin board .

there are plenty of social network clone scripts out there that would give you what you want without having to make all the changes to phpbb.

just a thought.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Toxyy

Post by Toxyy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:24 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:02 am
curious why if you want a social network
A forum is a social network, no? SNs just have some fancier php setup/js going on. In these avatar communities all they are is a forum with a super fancy avatar system, a shop for clothes to go with that system, and points (premium or not) to complement. All of the socializing is done on the forum side, which phpbb is very good at. Gaia is such a community and as I think you know it runs on modified phpbb2.

But I don't want a social network. I just want people to be able to customize their own profile's css so they could have a custom color scheme/background image or something. Think oldschool myspace. I'm unsure about moving blocks around... I think css will suffice for now.
nou nou wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:12 pm
This looks promising:

viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2490661
I've seen this and its not quite what I'm looking for though I'll see if I can disable what I don't need, though I don't think itl do as far as css goes
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

My extensions:
[3.2][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][RC] Show User Activity ||
[3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics

nou nou

Post by nou nou » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:43 pm

Toxyy wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:24 am
I've seen this and its not quite what I'm looking for though I'll see if I can disable what I don't need, though I don't think itl do as far as css goes
It's in development and the developer has been pretty receptive to requests...

Return to “Extension Requests”