[CDB] Advanced Profile Fields Pack

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
nya

Re: [DEV] Advanced Profile Fields Pack

Post by nya » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:35 am

Demo, please?

«THÖMÅS®©»

Post by «THÖMÅS®©» » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:28 pm

Would it be cool if this was released at the same time as 3.2.x? The sooner the better for all concerned.
“No, this trick won't work... How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?” - Albert Einstein
"For every action has is an equal and opposite reaction". - Sir Isaac Newton
"In honor there is hope" - Alaska State Troopers

Owner & President @ =DN= Dark Nexus Multi-Gaming Clan

sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:45 pm

I wouldn't wait, I would just make compatible for both at this point.
It may seem as though 3.2 is around the corner....but how far away is that corner?

SalazarAG

Post by SalazarAG » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:49 pm

I try to add events and core code but everything goes wrong :(

I love this extension, but never managed to install it even
I'm sorry for my English. Google Translator does a bad job. :D

potku

Post by potku » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:43 pm

We had this MOD, and we really could use this EXT. I hope javiexin will have the time and energy to continue developing this. :)
Potku.net

"Before I speak, I have something important to say."

- Groucho Marx

SalazarAG

Post by SalazarAG » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:46 pm

What changes need to be made to install this extension in phpbb 3.1.10?

javiexin
Code Contributor
Name: Javier

Post by javiexin » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:02 am

As indicated on first post, only two changes remain unapproved, those scheduled for 3.2.

I have not tested it on 3.1.10 yet, though, but should work.

-javiexin

SalazarAG

Post by SalazarAG » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:29 am

javiexin wrote:As indicated on first post, only two changes remain unapproved, those scheduled for 3.2.

I have not tested it on 3.1.10 yet, though, but should work.

-javiexin
Hi! I tried and I have this error

Code: Select all

Catchable fatal error: Argument 3 passed to phpbb\profilefields\manager::__construct() must be an instance of phpbb\db\tools, instance of phpbb\event\dispatcher given, called in C:\xampp\htdocs\teste\cache\container_64cd73d669dd8f337d8b1b251fc6bd39.php on line 2287 and defined in C:\xampp\htdocs\teste\phpbb\profilefields\manager.php on line 100

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:17 am

How did you modify manager.php?
Did you copy the contrib version, or applied changes to the 3.1.10 original, or other? How about the rest of the changes? Purged the cache?

SalazarAG

Post by SalazarAG » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:37 am

javiexin wrote:How did you modify manager.php?
Did you copy the contrib version, or applied changes to the 3.1.10 original, or other? How about the rest of the changes? Purged the cache?
Hi! It was the cache, I deleted it and it worked! :)
Great work, Congratulations

1 - I noticed some bugs: I can not increase the dimensions of the image if it is bigger than 200x200, when I put for example 700x450 and saved, the standard dimensions return.

2 - Is it possible to add a profile field with BBcode?

Rhino.Freak

Post by Rhino.Freak » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 am

If it is to be installed on a 3.1.10 forum, we only have to do these 2 changes right?

- [ticket/13853] Flexible schema for profilefields step 1 configuration
- [ticket/13867] Enable/disable mechanism for new profile field types

Which are given in first post? Just making sure. :D

Pardon me, didn't read posts above. Answer appears to be yes.

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:39 am

Rhino.Freak wrote:Pardon me, didn't read posts above. Answer appears to be yes.
Answer is yes. Those are the two tickets that are pending merging, and are required for this to work.

Let me know if you have any further issues.
-javiexin

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:47 am

SalazarAG wrote:Hi! It was the cache, I deleted it and it worked! :)

1 - I noticed some bugs: I can not increase the dimensions of the image if it is bigger than 200x200, when I put for example 700x450 and saved, the standard dimensions return.

Glad it worked!

What version of phpbb are you using? 3.1.10 has a problem with profile fields, and so, I am currently unable to test what you describe (my test forum is on 3.1.10, but I have not applied the hot fixes for these problems yet). But it should work as expected: if you configure a max_width and max_height in the profile field parameters, then it checks that the uploaded image is within those parameters (it never resized the image though). If you continue having issues, let me know the PF configuration parameters you are using.

And regarding the BBcode-enabled profile field... Stay tuned :) Answer is YES, but NOT immediately, I need to finalize other things first.

Any other PF types that are worth being defined? Must be general purpose (multiple uses). I am thinking on a "progress bar" CPF type as well, and maybe others...
-javiexin

SalazarAG

Post by SalazarAG » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:41 pm

javiexin wrote:
SalazarAG wrote:Hi! It was the cache, I deleted it and it worked! :)

Glad it worked!

What version of phpbb are you using? 3.1.10 has a problem with profile fields, and so, I am currently unable to test what you describe (my test forum is on 3.1.10, but I have not applied the hot fixes for these problems yet). But it should work as expected: if you configure a max_width and max_height in the profile field parameters, then it checks that the uploaded image is within those parameters (it never resized the image though). If you continue having issues, let me know the PF configuration parameters you are using.

And regarding the BBcode-enabled profile field... Stay tuned :) Answer is YES, but NOT immediately, I need to finalize other things first.

Any other PF types that are worth being defined? Must be general purpose (multiple uses). I am thinking on a "progress bar" CPF type as well, and maybe others...
-javiexin
Hi javiexin! God afternoon!

I'm happy that in the future there will be a type of profile field for BBcode, I'm anxious! And I like the idea of "progress bar" CPF. Great job, congratulations!

About my problem:

In a test forum I use version 3.1.10.
I will try to explain in a clearer way with every step up the problem (I use kkk translator).

1 - I enable the extension
2 - I create a new profile field of type "Image upload" with the name 'image'
3 - Mark the "Publicly display profile field:" and "Display in user control panel:"
4 - Under "Profile type specific options":
4.1 - In "Minimum dimensions" by default the value is 20x20 px, and in "Maximum dimensions" the default value is 200x200 px.
4.2 - In Maximum dimensions I put 800x500 px and saved.

4.3 - In "Edit profile", when sending the image in dimensions 700x400 px it returns the error stating that the image must have maximum dimensions of 200x200 px.

I went back to the ACP> profile field and went to look at the settings and they returned to the defaults, see:

Even if I type a "maximum dimensions" and "minimum dimensions" for a value that I want, it does not work.

Then I investigated more deeply. In the file C:\xampp\htdocs\teste\ext\javiexin\advancedpf\profilefields\type/type_imgupl.php I found the following code:

Code: Select all

/**
	* {@inheritDoc}
	*/
	public function get_default_option_values()
	{
		return array_merge(parent::get_default_option_values(), array(
			'field_minlen'		=> '20|20',
			'field_maxlen'		=> '200|200',
		));
	}

So I changed the 'field_maxlen' => '200|200' to 'field_maxlen' => '800|500', I disabled and enabled the extension and it worked, now the images can be sent up to 800x500 px.

But I can not change the value in the ACP because it will always be the value set in the file, so I think this is a bug. Not if I express myself right, but that's it.

I have another question:

Specific positioning of a CPF.

I read the first page teaching to position the CPF in a certain place of the style with events, but I did not quite understand.

Should one first create a folder for style in aviexin\advancedpf/styles/?

Inside /styles/prosilver/ should contain the folder template/events/name_of_event.html and the code of CPF?

Thanks for the answer!

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:30 pm

SalazarAG wrote:In a test forum I use version 3.1.10.
I will try to explain in a clearer way with every step up the problem (I use kkk translator).

1 - I enable the extension
2 - I create a new profile field of type "Image upload" with the name 'image'
3 - Mark the "Publicly display profile field:" and "Display in user control panel:"
4 - Under "Profile type specific options":
4.1 - In "Minimum dimensions" by default the value is 20x20 px, and in "Maximum dimensions" the default value is 200x200 px.
4.2 - In Maximum dimensions I put 800x500 px and saved.
Assuming that, when you say "saved", you mean going to "Language specific options" and then "Save", this is the correct way to do it.
SalazarAG wrote:4.3 - In "Edit profile", when sending the image in dimensions 700x400 px it returns the error stating that the image must have maximum dimensions of 200x200 px.
I have duplicated the process in my test forum, and it works just fine for me. I tested with images of 800x600 in fields limited to 1000x800, for example.

The problem that I have is with 3.1.10 not allowing to "edit" a profile field. This is a known bug in 3.1.10, that should be fixed for the next rev.

There should be no need to change the defaults in the distribution files (you are welcome to do that, of course), but these should be changeable from the ACP, as you tried. Have you implemented the two tickets that I mentioned? Review the edits (specially for the "flexible step1" ticket), just in case... Try to give me some clues to see if I can be of further help.

Regards,
-javiexin

Return to “Extensions in Development”