[ABD] TimeAgo timestamps

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
MuhClaren

Re: [BETA] TimeAgo timestamps

Post by MuhClaren »

Miri4ever wrote:Latest Version 1.4.0 result an error after making new topics or posts and the forum style running out of sync. After a refresh everything is fine again, but directly after posting new I got this:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mop/timeago/core/timeago_functions.php on line 80: Division by zero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5277: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5277: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
The new Topic is display the following time to me:

Vor 0 (19.09.2015, 14:20)
Thanks for the report. I will have a look. I probably smoked the timeago core method again when I was doing some optimizing or something.

EDIT: Yeah, I was sleepy and forgot to check it after I auto-formatted my code (again). Sorry! I'll fix it up and push v1.4.1b shortly.
MuhClaren

Post by MuhClaren »

Okie Dokie, patched. I also did a little bit of optimizing in the ACP module. v1.4.1b is available. Sorry for the boo-boo. :oops: :)
DevMakoto
Name: Carlos Mayorga

Post by DevMakoto »

in viewtopic no view changes in time u_u
MuhClaren

Post by MuhClaren »

DevMakoto wrote:in viewtopic no view changes in time u_u

Time is not changing for you in viewtopic? It's working as expected in my dev forum. Any errors?
DevMakoto

Post by DevMakoto »

conflic in viewtopic with viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2259066
MuhClaren

Post by MuhClaren »

DevMakoto wrote:conflic in viewtopic with viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2259066
TimeAgo works by reading the date-time values and translates them to the TimeAgo display format. This occurs each and every time just prior to the render of the page. In other words, TimeAgo doesn't modify any date-time values in the database, or anywhere else... it just displays the native value differently.

If there's a collision between TimeAgo and Merge Posts (rxu) where they're trying to both inject new values for the template array, it *should* resolve by simply dropping the instruction of the first call, or more precisely, the last extension to modify the template array will likely provide the prevailing data.

TL;DR: Perhaps Merge Posts is re-writing / updating the date-time of the posts, and subsequently causing TimeAgo's data to be lost?

Thanks for your reply, and the issue report on this.
MuhClaren

Post by MuhClaren »

One week left in the beta state. Any bugs to report?

:)
MuhClaren

Re: [RC] TimeAgo timestamps

Post by MuhClaren »

** Changed to RC from Beta **
DevMakoto

Post by DevMakoto »

error in index

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/mop/timeago/core/timeago_functions.php on line 336: Undefined index: forum_time
error in viewtopic

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/mop/timeago/core/timeago_functions.php on line 337: Undefined index: post_last_post_time
Difadon
Name: Jan Nejedlý

Post by Difadon »

Crusoeman

Post by Crusoeman »

I have suggested this TimeAgo timestamp to a friend who is working on a phpBB forum for me. He has now tried to install it but without success. He is working with phpBB 3.1.10. As the posts on this TimeAgo question now go back over a year is there any update that will allow it to work with 3.1.10? Many thanks.

Tim
MuhClaren

Post by MuhClaren »

Crusoeman wrote:I have suggested this TimeAgo timestamp to a friend who is working on a phpBB forum for me. He has now tried to install it but without success. He is working with phpBB 3.1.10. As the posts on this TimeAgo question now go back over a year is there any update that will allow it to work with 3.1.10? Many thanks.

Tim
Hello Friend. First, please allow me to send thanks to Graham for alerting me to this new post. I've been out of the phpbb scene for awhile and somehow lost email notification from the board.

I'm sorry your friend is having difficulty installing the plugin. If you post some details on the errors, we may be able to figure it out. I don't have a dev phpbb environment to tinker with, so it may be some time before I can push any updates to my extension.

We can at least move forward by having a small dialogue about the errors he is getting during install, what else is installed, can it be reproduced, etc. etc.

Cheers
Crusoeman

Post by Crusoeman »

Thanks for that MuhClaren. I've just checked with my programer friend and this is what he has come back with:

I upload the extension, click on the install prompt and get a white screen and that's it. I go back to the mods page and it's still showing as not installed.

Does that help?

Tim
panteror

Post by panteror »

MuhClaren wrote:** Changed to RC from Beta **
Hi,
I would like to translate in french but there is a problem

In english : 1 year 2 months 3 days ago
In french : il y'a 1 an 2 mois 3 jours

The "ago" is translate in french by "Il y'a", the problem is ago is a prefix for france and not a suffix.
So for example, in index it shows "1 jour 19 heures il y'a" but the right things is "il y'a 1 jour 19 heures".

You should propose ago like a suffix or prefix ?

EDIT:
I change code in timeago_function.php in adding fr. It's ok but there is a weird problem, only if I'm log in /connected, the ago is first. If i'm not log in, the text is in french but the ago is after. Module find the forum is in french default language because french text but for invited, it's a mix between french text and ago suffix position for english language. sorry if I'm not clear :)

private function build_ta_output($timeago, $extend)
		{
			$language = $this->user->data['user_lang'];
			$ago      = $this->user->lang('TA_AGO');

if ($language === 'cs' || $language === 'de' || $language === 'es' || $language === 'fr')
			{
				$output = $ago.' '.$timeago.' '.$extend;
			}
			else
			{
				$output = $timeago.' '.$ago.' '.$extend;
			}

return $output;
		}
Thanks
PhilDiscuss

Post by PhilDiscuss »

I like this ext. and I am using it now in my live forum.

Just have a question :)
How to do this? I cant find the file where I can edit, just wanted to have <br> in my viewforum,
like this:

GREEN: Is what I want to achieved.
RED: Is my current

Thank you.
Professionally develop phpBB Premium Style and Extension.

The Philippines Discussions Website

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”