Installed Mods Won't Show?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
umpotater

Installed Mods Won't Show?

Post by umpotater »

Hello,

Sorry for posting this here, as I know I am not supposed to. But the other forum wouldn't let me post anything this was the only one that would so I am asking for help here.

Basically, My forum is running AutoMOD and we are trying to install mChat, Reputation System, and Ultimate Points. When we install it with AutoMOD it says there is no problems but the MOD won't display on our site. We switched the theme to prosilver and everything was there. I understand there is an install.xml file that tells you everything you have to do but neither my friend or I could open this file it just took us to a blank page.

Can someone please help?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Installed Mods Won't Show?

Post by KevC »

Support for 3.0 ends in 11 days so if you've just installed you should think about restarting with 3.1.x
umpotater wrote:We switched the theme to prosilver and everything was there.
MODs are only required to install correctly on the default prosilver style. You would need to do the style edits on the same files in your added style folder.
umpotater wrote:I understand there is an install.xml file that tells you everything you have to do but neither my friend or I could open this file it just took us to a blank page.
You need to open it in a browser (firefox, chrome etc) and it will show you all of the edits required to install the MOD. Try a different browser if you have a blank page.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
umpotater

Post by umpotater »

I tried 4 different browsers to no avail.. I am really stumped here I am trying to install mChat, Reputation System, and Ultimate Points to an AcidTech theme on phpbb 3.0.14
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Are you sure you've unzipped the file first? It can't be read directly from the zip.

I just dragged the mchat install.xml file in to firefox and it's fine.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 14.59.37.png
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
umpotater

Post by umpotater »

Ok I managed to get everything installed. mChat shows up on the site but it looks like this

Messages won't send either.... How do I fix this?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

You need to ask on the page where you downloaded it.
umpotater

Post by umpotater »

It wouldn't let me so that's why I asked here....

There was no Post Reply button.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

in the MOD database.
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... w_version/
There's a support tab for each MOD.

If you're using a MOD that has never been completed and approved you shouldn't be using it anyway.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”