How to center logo in 3.2?

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
Maroon Caludin
Name: Megan

How to center logo in 3.2?

Post by Maroon Caludin »

I was able to change my logo, but I can't figure out how to center it. The code I normally use is not working. x_x
Dook, dook, dook!

"Don't wait for events to catch up with you; go out and meet them head-on!" - Morgan - "The Scions of Shannara" -
david63

Re: How to center logo in 3.2?

Post by david63 »

This extension will that for you - viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2400186
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Maroon Caludin

Post by Maroon Caludin »

Is there a way to do it without an extension? Even with it I couldn't get it to center right.
Dook, dook, dook!

"Don't wait for events to catch up with you; go out and meet them head-on!" - Morgan - "The Scions of Shannara" -
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

it would help if we could see your board.

link please.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Maroon Caludin

Post by Maroon Caludin »

Dook, dook, dook!

Lumpy Burgertushie

please turn on that logo extension and try to center it so we can see what it looks like and what the problem may be etc.

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Maroon Caludin

Post by Maroon Caludin »

Enabled it, but it doesn't move at all. Its probably my code, but I'm not sure what to do with it anymore.

From colors.css:

Code: Select all

.site_logo {

background-image: url("./images/site_logo.gif");
background-size: 700px 300px;
padding-left: 590px;

padding-top: 270px;
background-repeat: no-repeat;

}
Only way I could get it to show the whole banner, but it just won't center. I was able to have it centered on the old version but can't get it to on here.
Dook, dook, dook!

Lumpy Burgertushie

I just installed the ext on a test board. It does not work as it should.

When you choose center for the logo, it should edit the site description css to allow it to center properly.

try this, in your common.css file find this:

Code: Select all

.site-description {
    float: left;
    width: 65%;
}
either remove it or comment it out or just change both settings to none

see if that centers what you have .

robert

Maroon Caludin

Post by Maroon Caludin »

Thanks! Worked great! :D

Though it does center the prosilver one too. It looks okay, but I'm curious is there a way to center the logo without the extension?
Dook, dook, dook!

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Maroon Caludin wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:37 pmis there a way to center the logo without the extension?
Probably but editing core code isn't recommended in 3.2, that's the job of extensions.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

Hello :)

Please disregard the advice above, you should not use extensions for making visual changes to your style.

I've checked your forum and it looks like your default style is prosilver. Based on your reply above it sounds like you were hoping to center the logo on a different style?

Should be a simple CSS edit if you can let me know which style you'd like to achieve this on :)
david63

Post by david63 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:03 pm I just installed the ext on a test board. It does not work as it should.
Robert - that was a bug which is now fixed.
Christian 2.0 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:26 am ... you should not use extensions for making visual changes to your style.
Why?
I could say the same - you should not make core changes to effect visual changes to your style (but I don't)
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

david63 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:52 am Why?
I could say the same - you should not make core changes to effect visual changes to your style (but I don't)
Because it is complete overkill to achieve something that could otherwise be done with a one-line code edit. And since the CSS changes in maintenance releases are negligible, the argument that extensions == easier upgrades in this case is not valid.

Also if you scroll through the styles in development forum, extensions don't exist for many of the customisations people want to make. And not that many people have the skill to make an extension, but are capable of editing a file.

Would you use an extension to increase the padding for one element in your style? Probably not. "Use an extension" is the lazy answer to too many things around here.
david63

Post by david63 »

Christian 2.0 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:22 pm Would you use an extension to increase the padding for one element in your style?
If you accept, which I may be wrong - but you don't, that one of the basic tenets of phpBB 3.1/3.2 is that core files are not changed then that is one option. On the other hand if I wanted to make several changes to the style that I used then I would, as should everyone else in my opinion, create a "child" style with those changes in it.

You only have to look at the myriad of support problems with users trying to use the auto update method to realise that file replacement for an update/upgrade would be far less problematical.
David

Volksdevil
Name: Neil

Post by Volksdevil »

It would be far less problematic if those who do modify were catered for... :roll:
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from :arrow: KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Twitch | My Volkswagen Corrado G60

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”