phpBB.com Website Feedback

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by DavidIQ »

canonknipser wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:27 am When i try to filter in the extensions db, i get an ajax error "Moved Permanently" in a uncloseable modal window, no matter, if i use the left hand categories filter or the drop down branches filter.
Can you report that to our bug tracker please?
https://tracker.phpbb.com/projects/CUSTDB/issues

Thanks.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser »

Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
Rhino.Freak

Post by Rhino.Freak »

https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3.1/kb/

this page appears to be quite useless now that 3.0 KB is also gone. Something should be done about it right?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

what should be done is that it should be populated with articles that relate to 3.1
that never got done since the release of 3.1.

now there needs to be articles that relate to 3.2 for the 3.2 KB

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
mp777

Post by mp777 »

the forums are VERY POORLY ORGANIZED from a design POV. i'm not a programmer but i am a designer, and there's is no way in hell i'd let this design stand if i knew how to program at all. all the information is scattered in too many places and the different sections aren't intuitive at all.

like a lot of places the problem is you have too many programmers and not enough DESIGNERS. your design needs to be FUNCTIONAL before it becomes EFFECTIVE.
david63

Post by david63 »

mp777 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:20 am i am a designer
mp777 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:20 am not enough DESIGNERS
Then why do you not offer your services
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

personally, i think this site needs a new look more than anything. yes, the software itself has made huge leaps, but not from a visual perspective. this place just needs a fresh coat of paint ;)

an idea would be to have a contest of sorts and have people come up with some fresh looks. a prize could be something along the lines of a Bertie bear and some swag. keep things simple and 100% based on prosilver
DavidIQ
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

spaceace wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:37 pm personally, i think this site needs a new look more than anything. yes, the software itself has made huge leaps, but not from a visual perspective. this place just needs a fresh coat of paint ;)

an idea would be to have a contest of sorts and have people come up with some fresh looks. a prize could be something along the lines of a Bertie bear and some swag. keep things simple and 100% based on prosilver
Actually a redesign of the default style has already begun. Some of that work went into 3.2 as well.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

Can I use MODs, Styles, or language packs made for phpBB2 or phpBB3 installations?

this should be changed in my opinion to something more accurate as i have found many 3.0 modifications that still work completely fine with no changes to them in phpBB 3.1 series as well as 3.2. instead of saying
No. MODS, styles, and language packs from phpBB 3.0.x are not compatible with phpBB 3.2.x.
it should say something more along the lines of it is no longer recommended to modify phpBB core files and support is no longer given for modifying core files.

it's like saying that you can't wear pajamas in public because they are only for sleeping in :lol:
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

what? you mean you could wear pajamas in public if you wanted to? you mean we have been lied to by our parents all these years? did oboma do this with one of his magical executive orders or something?
boy , If I had only known.....

sorry, this was just too funny of an analogy

robeft
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Why are validated extensions release topic being updated (bumped up) with "3.1" still in the title?
Last edited by Peter77sx on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

Peter77sx wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:05 pm Why are validated extensions being updated (bumped up) with "3.1" still in the title?
Thats how the extension author named their extension. He will need to change the extensions title.
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Paul wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:06 pm
Peter77sx wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:05 pm Why are validated extensions being updated (bumped up) with "3.1" still in the title?
Thats how the extension author named their extension. He will need to change the extensions title.
oh dang, did not realize that. woops! :geek:
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

Would the powers that be consider installing the phpBB • Individual posts per page extension on phpbb.com? There are many topics, such as this one, that stretch on for many pages at the current limit of 15 posts/page. For users on faster internet connections, I cannot see a reason they wouldn't benefit from showing more posts/page.

If the admins decide to go ahead and install this extension, they should read this post before installing.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
sakm
Name: Stu

Post by sakm »

Whats going on in Extensions Database Releases? there is a lot of duplicates :?
Untitled.png
EDIT: seems they are for 3.2 and 3.1...would it not be wise to label them in the title? be easier for everyone :)

Return to “phpBB Discussion”