[ABD] Site Logo

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
david63

Re: [3.2][RC] Site Logo

Post by david63 »

Updated to RC4

Added option to change header background colour.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
prl

Post by prl »

david63 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:12 am
prl wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:00 am when I resize the window below the 600px I was expecting that the logo would resize with the window
If you resize below 600 then the logo should be removed, same as basic prosilver.
Oh, that's not happening, the logo is just being cropped:

I haven't changed anything in the extension code. Any way I can do what I was saying? Maintain the image but have it resize with the device width? Or a good alternative is to hide the image but show the forum title, which I'm currently hiding in the extension definitions.

Thanks
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

I think I've noticed a bug with RC4 related to mobile.

In the Search box settings, using the default setting of Move search box to nav bar: to disabled, on a mobile device (iPhone) the search magnifying glass automatically moves into the nav bar. If the Move search box to nav bar: is enabled, on a mobile device it appears the search magnifying glass disappears from the nav bar, which I think is a bug. In both cases, Search is available in the Quick links menu.

Is the Logo options setting of Make responsive: new in RC4, because I didn't see it mentioned in the Changes section. Anyways, shouldn't the default be enabled to be backwards consistent with the phpBB 3.1 version.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
david63

Post by david63 »

I will take a look at the search.
P_I wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:55 pm Is the Logo options setting of Make responsive: new in RC4, because I didn't see it mentioned in the Changes section
I think it went in RC3 - but it is more to make it "non responsive" - the responsive behaviour has not changed, just that you can turn it off.
P_I wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:55 pm Anyways, shouldn't the default be enabled
It is
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
david63

Post by david63 »

@prl - which version are you using.
prl wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:19 am Or a good alternative is to hide the image but show the forum title
That is what it does
David

P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

david63 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:24 pm
P_I wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:55 pm Is the Logo options setting of Make responsive: new in RC4, because I didn't see it mentioned in the Changes section
I think it went in RC3 - but it is more to make it "non responsive" - the responsive behaviour has not changed, just that you can turn it off.
P_I wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:55 pm Anyways, shouldn't the default be enabled
It is
I've got two different test forums that I just updated to RC4 from a previous version and both had the Make responsive set to Disabled. I know I didn't change the setting. Unfortunately I don't recall if I was updating from RC2 or RC3.

I can confirm that if I disable the extension, the delete data, then enable the extension, then the default setting for Make responsive is Enabled. So perhaps it's related to updating from a previous RC version.

While I have your attention, I'd previously posted
P_I wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:33 pm Is there any way to get Site Logo added to the Official Extensions list?
Is there a process for this or just report an improvement via Tracker?
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
prl

Post by prl »

david63 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:26 pm @prl - which version are you using.
prl wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:19 am Or a good alternative is to hide the image but show the forum title
That is what it does
If I set "Remove text display" to "Yes" will the forum title be shown when the logo disappears? I must be doing something wrong because the image that I use as logo doesn't get hidden.

This is what's happening:

Link to a bigger image: http://imgur.com/A7meS3w
david63

Post by david63 »

P_I wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:44 pm While I have your attention, I'd previously posted
P_I wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:33 pm Is there any way to get Site Logo added to the Official Extensions list?
No

If you just copied the files over a previous version then any new config vars will appear to be disabled due to the fact that they are cached
David

P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

david63 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:10 pm If you just copied the files over a previous version then any new config vars will appear to be disabled due to the fact that they are cached
My (and I think the official) method of updating an extension when a new release occurs is to
  1. disable the extension in ACP
  2. delete the contents of the extensions directory on the filesystem
  3. upload the files for the new version of the extension and
  4. enable the extension in ACP
Am I missing a step that would prevent any new config vars from being cached and causing this behavior?
david63

Post by david63 »

P_I wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:22 pm Am I missing a step that would prevent any new config vars from being cached and causing this behavior?
No. If it was a "new" release then any changes would be in a new migration file which would add them to the config table - but, because I am lazy, I just add them to the existing migration file which is why they are not showing correctly.
David

P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

Okay thanks. This extension has made my life as a board admin much easier. Your contributions are much appreciated.
prl

Post by prl »

@david63: version 2.1.0 RC3
bcurran3

Post by bcurran3 »

(I'm using 2.1.0-rc4, and thanks.)

BTW: I noticed that the phpBB logo briefly flashes before the custom site logo displays. It's not a big deal, but would be nice if it didn't have to.
javiexin
Code Contributor
Name: Javier

Post by javiexin »

bcurran3 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:30 pm BTW: I noticed that the phpBB logo briefly flashes before the custom site logo displays. It's not a big deal, but would be nice if it didn't have to.
javiexin wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:58 am What you are seeing is a consequence of the way the extension is coded.
As it uses Javascript for the changes, these are performed AFTER the page has completely loaded AND displayed. So, in slow environments you will see the original page without changes followed by the correct page. The time between both depends on the speed of the conection and the browser.
These days, both browsers and networks are faster, so usually you will barely see a glitch.

In my view, no way to fix this without major rewrite to avoid JS. Don't know if it is worth it...
I think it is good as is...
Same comment applies here.
prl

Post by prl »

prl wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:02 pm
@david63: version 2.1.0 RC3
Also happens with version 2.1.0 RC4.

Installed it, added path to logo, set width and height and set "Remove text display" to "Yes".

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”