Fatal error: Uncaught exception

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
jumborex
Name: Franco Giambalvo

Error inserting new post

Post by jumborex »

After a difficult installation of version 3.2, now I experiment difficulties also inserting new posts!
It's not that posts cannot be inserted, but if I click the Submit button at the end of the writing, I get this:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException' with message 'You have requested a non-existent service "notification.method.board".' in /web/htdocs/www.cantodellasfinge.net/home/phpBB3/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php:816 Stack trace: #0 /web/htdocs/www.cantodellasfinge.net/home/phpBB3/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php(456): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->getDefinition('notification.me...') #1 /web/htdocs/www.cantodellasfinge.net/home/phpBB3/phpbb/notification/manager.php(905): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->get('notification.me...') #2 /web/htdocs/www.cantodellasfinge.net/home/phpBB3/phpbb/notification/manager.php(897): phpbb\notification\manager->load_object('notification.me...') #3 /web/htdocs/www.cantodellasfinge.net/home/phpBB3/phpbb/notification/manager.php(459): phpbb\notification\manager->get_method_class('notification.me...') #4 /web/htdocs/www.cantodellasfin in /web/htdocs/www.cantodellasfinge.net/home/phpBB3/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php on line 816
Terrible!
But, if I refresh the page, I see that the post is in!
By the way: if I push the Preview button all works ok! I cannot say to my users "do not mind the 'you are dead' message, please!"
Any idea?
Thanks.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
(Thomas Alva Edison)
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: Error inserting new post

Post by JimA »

Which extensions do you have installed? This looks like it might come from having an incompatible extension installed that makes use of an older version of the notifications system. :)
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Any extensions installed?
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
jumborex

Post by jumborex »

No extension, if not some standard. This means, I didn't installed extensions.
(Thomas Alva Edison)
jumborex

Post by jumborex »

jumborex wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:44 pm No extension, if not some standard. This means, I didn't installed extensions.
I'm seeing better this morning: in the extensions administration I have only reported VigLink
being part of the upgrade, if I remember well, but it's disabled at the moment.
(Thomas Alva Edison)
jumborex

Post by jumborex »

Ok, now I copied the files from the language pack (Italian), and the forum is totally broken. Same error from Symfony. In this moment I'm working for moving the backup of yesterday and it's a long operation. This means that I'm not sure to obtain a working board again!
I am in despair!
(Thomas Alva Edison)
david63

Post by david63 »

The problem is with this You have requested a non-existent service "notification.method.board" which is created in one of the 3.2 migration files phpbb\db\migration\data\v320\notifications_board.php. This would seem to indicate that the upgrade has not completely run.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
jumborex

Post by jumborex »

david63 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:50 am [...] This would seem to indicate that the upgrade has not completely run.
Ah, yes: so what? Do you have a solution for this?
Thank you.
(Thomas Alva Edison)
jumborex

Post by jumborex »

jumborex wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:53 am [...] I copied the files from the language pack (Italian), and the forum is totally broken. [...]
The only part that causes a Fatal Error shoud be inside the ext/ directory of the Italian Language Pack. In general, the culprit for this error seems to be viglink, that in my board is not enabled, but I find no way to remove it!
(Thomas Alva Edison)
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

You are using the Italian language pack for 3.2? I ask this because I just checked that lang pack and the vig link stuff is in there.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
jumborex

Post by jumborex »

The series of operations was complicated:
  1. The first time the upgrade did not work: I used the link in ACP, after having loaded via FTP the automatic upgrade from 3.1.10, to 3.2, and it does not work for me also now.
  2. Then I've got the same automatic upgrade via the .bz2 version. Apparently a useless loss of time, but this time pointing from ACP to mysite/install it worked (almost to the end).
  3. The version was incomplete, and identified as 3.2-dev (or something like this). I restored from backup version 3.1.10.
  4. The day after I made another try, and re-checked the files: the re-check was only for a couple of directories: apparently the installer remembered what it had already done. The db was upgraded as expcted and now the version in ACP is 3.2.0. Regular.
  5. I did not activate viglink
  6. I worked a little: apparently it was ok. This morning I simply copied the three directories from the Italian Language Pack, and the board was not working: absolutely dead!
  7. I installed the backup, made before this FTP, and the site is working.
  8. I copied only the language, and the styles directories from the Italian Language Pack and now it seems to work regularly-
I.e. the culprit seems to be the directory viglink from Italian Pack!
(Thomas Alva Edison)
jumborex

Fatal error: Uncaught exception

Post by jumborex »

I have read this:
viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2411796
I'm running 3.2.0, and I've got exactly the same probem:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException' with message 'You have requested a non-existent service "notification.method.board".' in /web/htdocs/www.cantodellasfinge.net/home/phpBB3/ve ... er.php:816
Stack trace:
#0 /web/htdocs/www.cantodellasfinge.net/home/phpBB3/ve ... r.php(456): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->getDefinition('notification.me...')
#1 /web/htdocs/www.cantodellasfinge.net/home/phpBB3/ph ... r.php(905): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->get('notification.me...')
#2 /web/htdocs/www.cantodellasfinge.net/home/phpBB3/ph ... r.php(897): phpbb\notification\manager->load_object('notification.me...')
#3 /web/htdocs/www.cantodellasfinge.net/home/phpBB3/ph ... r.php(459): phpbb\notification\manager->get_method_class('notification.me...')
#4 /web/htdocs/www.cantodellasfin in /web/htdocs/www.cantodellasfinge.net/home/phpBB3/ve ... uilder.php on line 816
This happens in many cases, but expecially any time I'm posting! After this the post is inserted, regular (apparently), but the User should go back, recall the page, and controll everything.
I say that I have never installed any extension:

And also the VigLink extension cannot be enabled:

I need to understand HOW to avoid this trouble.
Thank you.
Last edited by jumborex on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(Thomas Alva Edison)
jumborex

Re: Fatal error: Uncaught exception

Post by jumborex »

This same argument has been discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=556&p=14660591
but, after few messages it has been dropped, by the support.
This means: I hve no solution, yet!
(Thomas Alva Edison)
jumborex

Post by jumborex »

I made a dirty tryal: because the error referred to the directory ../vendor/symfony I moved a Symfony director got from a full installazion file, but nothing changed.

Now I returned the original symfony directory.
(Thomas Alva Edison)
jumborex

Post by jumborex »

This topic seems to be absolutely ignored!
A short summarization:
The error is ONLY if someone wants to insert a new topic: if I write a topic, and i click on Preview it works. If I click Submit, I get a formidable error from ../vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException' with message 'You have requested a non-existent service "notification.method.board".' in /web/htdocs/www.cantodellasfinge.net/home/phpBB3/ve ... er.php:816
I imagine that the notation

:816
means line 816.
You must return back, and reload the page: in this case you discover that the post has been inserted!
Any idea?
(Thomas Alva Edison)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”