[CDB] Simple mentions

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Puchahawa
Name: Randy

Re: [3.2][RC] Simple mentions

Post by Puchahawa »

permissions / group permissions / admin / misc tab / can use mention system. YES. Same for registered users. When I look at my account it says yes for that permission.

Is there another permission I missed?

EDIT: I am running abbc3 version 3.1.3 on that test board. Don't know if it may have a conflict.

EDIT2: Changed my style to prosilver and it works. Previous test was using Aero-Black style.

EDIT3: ok, now it's working with prosilver and Aero-black. Must have been a glitch of my machine. :lol:

Nicely done Paul!!
Avatar courtesy of artist Faith Coyotë
maras2626

Post by maras2626 »

Hi, after adding a @user and try to send a reply, appears an error:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/auth/auth.php on line 424: Undefined index: user_type
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 1835: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
phpBB 3.2
PHP 7
style: prosilver se

sorry for my English :roll:
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

maras2626 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:02 am Hi, after adding a @user and try to send a reply, appears an error:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/auth/auth.php on line 424: Undefined index: user_type
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 1835: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
phpBB 3.2
PHP 7
style: prosilver se

sorry for my English :roll:
Will be fixed in the next release. Should only happen in specific cases when permissions are not initialised for a user that is mentioned.
prl

Post by prl »

Paul wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:33 pm First post has been updated with the download for the first release candidate. Please keep in mind that this is still a Extension in development and should not be used on a live board.
Hi Paul, just a couple of questions:

- I have the idea that I saw previously that this extension required PHP7, but the first post now says PHPH5.4 or higher. Has this changed?

- I know this is the most annoying question ever, but any idea on when this will be ready to be used on a live board? I have some requests for this functionality so it's just to have an idea.
Paul

Post by Paul »

prl wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:53 pm
Paul wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:33 pm First post has been updated with the download for the first release candidate. Please keep in mind that this is still a Extension in development and should not be used on a live board.
Hi Paul, just a couple of questions:

- I have the idea that I saw previously that this extension required PHP7, but the first post now says PHPH5.4 or higher. Has this changed?
Yes.

- I know this is the most annoying question ever, but any idea on when this will be ready to be used on a live board? I have some requests for this functionality so it's just to have an idea.
When it is done.
onlyproevo

Post by onlyproevo »

Although I'm sure you have some great ideas up your sleeve for future versions, here are a few of mine that I hope you enjoy:

- Username links should be in bold and italics should be removed

- Usernames should be turned into urls pointing back to that user's profile page (eg. Paul)

- Username drop-down list should include user avatars

- When deciding which five users to show in the drop-down list, priority should be given to users with the greatest post count
Paul

Post by Paul »

onlyproevo wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:00 pm Although I'm sure you have some great ideas up your sleeve for future versions, here are a few of mine that I hope you enjoy:

- Username links should be in bold and italics should be removed

- Usernames should be turned into urls pointing back to that user's profile page (eg. Paul)

- Username drop-down list should include user avatars

- When deciding which five users to show in the drop-down list, priority should be given to users with the greatest post count
As per the TS, please post feature requests in the github tracker (And for each feature a seperate issue). Having it here will get lost.
onlyproevo

Post by onlyproevo »

Paul wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:29 pm As per the TS, please post feature requests in the github tracker (And for each feature a seperate issue). Having it here will get lost.
Done!

Have used the Issue function to let you know (I hope that's the right method!)
serek
Name: Serge Victor

Post by serek »

installed from github today,

PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Cannot use object of type phpbb\user as array in /srv/www/ext/paul999/mention/event/main_listener.php
--
find me somewhere in SW London, 100 meters from Thames River
Paul

Post by Paul »

You should use the releases, not the direct download from github, as that is in development, and can have errors.
DonAngelo

Post by DonAngelo »

Hi Paul. I am encountering an issue with your mod. It's about using the mention system in the ajaxshoutbox, also a mod made by you. It will not get the good path of my forum when creating the link to the user's profile.

For example:

My forum is installed in in a folder called forum, so the link it's www.cstopz.com/forum/. When I use the mention in the chat, the link the mod creates it's the absolute one and it won't get the /forum/ folder.

Thanks.
PS: Can you make it to send a notification when I'm being mention in the ajaxshoutbox?
Paul

Post by Paul »

The mention system only works in topics.
DonAngelo

Post by DonAngelo »

Understood. Anyway, is there a way I can correct the link in the chat?
Paul

Post by Paul »

This extension doesn't create urls to profiles.
DonAngelo

Post by DonAngelo »

Paul wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:17 pm This extension doesn't create urls to profiles.
I've managed to solve the problem.

Open the file: /paul999/ajaxshoutbox/styles/all/template/js/ajax_shoutbox.js

Find: 

function addPostsFront(result) {
           console.log(result);

Add after:

$(result).each(function(index, value){
      $(value).each(function(){
        	var str = value.message;
        	var rep = str.replace("./../../", "./");
        	value.message = rep;