[HOW TO] Change your logo in 3.2.x

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: [HOW TO] Change your logo in 3.2.x

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

do you mean that your board style does not show the phpbb logo or do you mean that you want to change it but you don't have your own logo to replace it with?

please be more specific and also give us a link to your board.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
milango

Post by milango »

No.
I want to replace site_logo.xxx by SITE NAME .
How do it? Thanks
dre40

Post by dre40 »

If im using a different style. what file do i have to mod so my logo will show up in that style? like prosilver_se or Black-silver.
thank you,
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

You should contact the style author if it's different to the default prosilver. Prosilver_se should be the same as prosilver except you edit stylesheet.css.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
RG_C

Post by RG_C »

Hello. My first visit to the forum. This may be slightly off topic but for me it is a continuation of the header logo change matter.

The instructions to replace the logo were perfect. I was able to replace the site_logo.gif with a new 500x125.png with rounded corners and transparency. It needs a bit of tinkering but it is mighty close.

The challenge now is to change the background of the container that holds the logo, board title, slogan and search box. CSS is not my strong suit so I have been fumbling around with this for hours in the hopes that I will stumble across the answer, but have failed miserably. Something like a #103687 would probably fit better with the blue of my logo than the default. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lumpy Burgertushie

if your style is prosilver or prosilver based it will usually be the colours.css file.
look for this part:

Code: Select all

.headerbar {
	color: #FFFFFF;
}

.headerbar, .forumbg {
	background-color: #12A3EB;
	background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #6ACEFF 0%, #0076B1 2px, #12A3EB 92px, #12A3EB 100%);
	background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #6ACEFF 0%,#0076B1 2px,#12A3EB 92px,#12A3EB 100%);
	background-repeat: repeat-x;
}
change it to this:

Code: Select all

.headerbar {
	color: #FFFFFF;
	background-color: #103687;
}

.forumbg {
	background-color: #12A3EB;
	background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #6ACEFF 0%, #0076B1 2px, #12A3EB 92px, #12A3EB 100%);
	background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #6ACEFF 0%,#0076B1 2px,#12A3EB 92px,#12A3EB 100%);
	background-repeat: repeat-x;
}

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
RG_C

Post by RG_C »

Thank you! That is exactly the result that I was searching for. I decided that the border around the category and forum containers needed some help so I found the line
.forabg {
background-color: #103687;
and made the change. Now all is well. Perfect!!!!!!
Lady_G

Post by Lady_G »

I have followed the instructions in Post #1 and everything is working, but I think an important step is missing.

Can you please add instructions to clear the system cache after the files have been uploaded? Otherwise, the modified files will not be detected and the prior configuration will remain.
stevemaury wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:05 pm...
3. Configuring your logo

Edit the width, and height to match your new logo.

Save and upload the colours.css and the common.css files, to the same location on your server, using your FTP client (overwriting the existing files).

Clear the system cache (Administration Control Panel --> Purge the cache), then reload your browser page.

Your new logo should now be displaying in the forums.
(I have decided to not use the site logo extension for the reasons described here.)
tammyfolk

Post by tammyfolk »

So I've spent several days trying to learn this...

www.cookinupcreations.net

at this point I have the code correct based on the above instructions.

colours.css is

.site_logo {
background-image: url("./images/CUC_Logo2017.png");

and common.css is

.site_logo {
display: inline-block;
width: 936px;
height: 48px;
}
I did the refresh and now I have phpbbphpbbphpbb all the way across. Am I missing something?? Thanks for any help!
Last edited by tammyfolk on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lumpy Burgertushie

right under : background-image: url("./images/CUC_Logo2017.png");

put
background-repeat: no-repeat;

robert

tammyfolk

Post by tammyfolk »

Thanks for the help....that removed the continuous phpbbphpbb...but the inage still isn't loading. Off to start over again. :shock:
tammyfolk

Post by tammyfolk »

Lady_G wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:16 am I have followed the instructions in Post #1 and everything is working, but I think an important step is missing.

Can you please add instructions to clear the system cache after the files have been uploaded? Otherwise, the modified files will not be detected and the prior configuration will remain.
stevemaury wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:05 pm...
3. Configuring your logo

Edit the width, and height to match your new logo.

Save and upload the colours.css and the common.css files, to the same location on your server, using your FTP client (overwriting the existing files).

Clear the system cache (Administration Control Panel --> Purge the cache), then reload your browser page.

Your new logo should now be displaying in the forums.
(I have decided to not use the site logo extension for the reasons described here.)
Like I mentioned in a previous post, I'm reading, watching you tube, and trying to self educate myself with how to manage the phpbb forum that I installed. I too had the problem with trying to purge the cache, as I never found that option anywhere...I just wound up using ctrl & F5 for a forced refresh. Is this the same thing??
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

tammyfolk wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:18 am Thanks for the help....that removed the continuous phpbbphpbb...but the inage still isn't loading. Off to start over again. :shock:
Using Chrome's Inspect tool I'm getting a 404 error on the logo file. Double-check where you've placed it. There is also something strange with your header layout.
tammyfolk wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:25 am I too had the problem with trying to purge the cache, as I never found that option anywhere.
When you log into ACP, does it show a screen with "Help support phpBB"? You might want to look at this post for screenshots.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
GoesOn

Post by GoesOn »

What is the best and easiest program to create your own logo?
English is not my native language :!:
Lumpy Burgertushie

search online for logo wizards or logo creators.

otherwise get a good graphics program and learn how to create graphics with it.

robert

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”