[CDB] Thanks for posts

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Locked
deejko
Registered User
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:59 pm

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by deejko » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:40 am

Thank you & apologies.

I think a useful option would be to manually add thanks to a specific user. Especially if database (php_thanks table) gets lost when users update from 3.0/3.1 to 3.2.

User avatar
Hippie459MN
Registered User
Posts: 917
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by Hippie459MN » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:03 pm

Happy to report that I updated my board from 3.1.10 to 3.2.0 last night and updated the extension to 3.0.2-dev and so far everything is working perfect here that I can see.

Thank you. :)

androidcribs
Registered User
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:27 am
Name: Joey Devs
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by androidcribs » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Hippie459MN wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:03 pm
Happy to report that I updated my board from 3.1.10 to 3.2.0 last night and updated the extension to 3.0.2-dev and so far everything is working perfect here that I can see.

Thank you. :)
How did you update? Just delete the file and upload the 3.2 thanks post extension? Or you need to delete all include data and yu have something to import in the database?
Compilation of Android Roms, Recoverys, Apps, Games and Tricks
Visit my blog http://www.androidcribs.com

androidcribs
Registered User
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:27 am
Name: Joey Devs
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by androidcribs » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:57 pm

Works fine for now but one thing notice image in thanks doesn't show.
Compilation of Android Roms, Recoverys, Apps, Games and Tricks
Visit my blog http://www.androidcribs.com

User avatar
paulie
Registered User
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:41 pm
Location: Hull, East Yorkshire.

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by paulie » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:29 pm

Extension up and running fine on my test forum, so many thanks.

One question though: The list of likes is shown at the bottom of the post, all good. However, if the liked post has a signature, then the liked list shows before the signature. How can I get the liked list to show after the signature please?

Many thanks.
'Life in the Air Age isn't all the brochures say ...'

User avatar
Hippie459MN
Registered User
Posts: 917
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by Hippie459MN » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:41 pm

androidcribs wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:18 pm
Hippie459MN wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:03 pm
Happy to report that I updated my board from 3.1.10 to 3.2.0 last night and updated the extension to 3.0.2-dev and so far everything is working perfect here that I can see.

Thank you. :)
How did you update? Just delete the file and upload the 3.2 thanks post extension? Or you need to delete all include data and yu have something to import in the database?
I just disabled the extension (DO NOT DELETE DATA) in the ACP then via FTP, removed/deleted the extension files and uploaded the new ones in their place, then went back in my ACP and re-enabled the extension. Thats it.

If there is any DB changes, the extension will take care of that when you re-enable it. With the extension system now, you dont have to do anything with the DB anymore. The extensions handle it all.
Last edited by Hippie459MN on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rxu
Extensions Development Team
Posts: 2956
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:46 pm
Location: Siberia, Russian Federation
Name: Ruslan
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by rxu » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:00 am

paulie wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:29 pm
How can I get the liked list to show after the signature please?
You can try this (not tested though): find /ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/styles/prosilver/template/event/viewtopic_body_postrow_post_notices_after.html, rename the file to viewtopic_body_postrow_post_content_footer.html, then purge the cache.

androidcribs
Registered User
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:27 am
Name: Joey Devs
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by androidcribs » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:26 pm

Hippie459MN wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:41 pm
androidcribs wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:18 pm
Hippie459MN wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:03 pm
Happy to report that I updated my board from 3.1.10 to 3.2.0 last night and updated the extension to 3.0.2-dev and so far everything is working perfect here that I can see.

Thank you. :)
How did you update? Just delete the file and upload the 3.2 thanks post extension? Or you need to delete all include data and yu have something to import in the database?
I just disabled the extension (DO NOT DELETE DATA) in the ACP then via FTP, removed/deleted the extension files and uploaded the new ones in their place, then went back in my ACP and re-enabled the extension. Thats it.

If there is any DB changes, the extension will take care of that when you re-enable it. With the extension system now, you dont have to do anything with the DB anymore. The extensions handle it all.
Thanks buddy my problem now can't show image in thanks and removed.
Image
Compilation of Android Roms, Recoverys, Apps, Games and Tricks
Visit my blog http://www.androidcribs.com

User avatar
Galixte de EzCom
Registered User
Posts: 1028
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:14 pm
Location: France
Name: Raphaël M.
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by Galixte de EzCom » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:02 pm

Copy the folder: ./ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/styles/prosilver/ with the name of your style, like this: ./ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/styles/yourstyle/, then purge the forum cache.
Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
📋 Lists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
Image Tu as un forum et tu veux aussi un site web ? Regarde par ici.

johnnytype2
Registered User
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:16 pm

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by johnnytype2 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:25 pm

curious to find the .psd file? i cant find any folder contrib...

good extension
:::EARLYBAY::: for fans of low light vans, 1967-1972

User avatar
Galixte de EzCom
Registered User
Posts: 1028
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:14 pm
Location: France
Name: Raphaël M.
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by Galixte de EzCom » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:24 pm

This sentence comes from the MOD version, here: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... for_posts/. Inside the MOD archive there is a contrib folder with the PSD file. ;)
Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
📋 Lists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
Image Tu as un forum et tu veux aussi un site web ? Regarde par ici.

User avatar
paulie
Registered User
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:41 pm
Location: Hull, East Yorkshire.

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by paulie » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:37 pm

rxu wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:00 am
You can try this (not tested though): find /ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/styles/prosilver/template/event/viewtopic_body_postrow_post_notices_after.html, rename the file to viewtopic_body_postrow_post_content_footer.html, then purge the cache.
Worked a treat, thank you very much :)

Next question: How do I put a contrasting background colour to the visible list under the post of those that have given thanks?
'Life in the Air Age isn't all the brochures say ...'

odf
Registered User
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:55 pm

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by odf » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:03 am

rxu wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:19 pm
construaprende wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:57 am
There is only a blank button
Works fine for me without any additional edits:
Image
I've installed Thanks for Posts extension on phpBB 3.1.9 using Prosilver theme, although it seems to work fine but the Thanks icon shows four images: Image, while I only need one with thumbs up. I tried to use a single image by making it point to ./ext/thanks_for_posts/styles/prosilver/theme/thanks.css but only to find that the image icon is duplicated four times!

What can I do exactly to only have one thumbs up icon?

NB: Who knows where to edit Thanks for Posts ext to make the list of users below the topic/post who thanked for a post viewable to guest users? Permission settings in Misc tab doesn't work.

Appreciating for your help.

niebrat
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:48 pm

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by niebrat » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:02 am

odf wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:03 am
although it seems to work fine but the Thanks icon shows four images:
Do you have a ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/styles/prosilver/theme/thanks/css file? Or have you changed it? Because it looks like a simple style problem.


Allright I have a problem on my phpbb 3.2. Everytime when I click on "thanks" button I can see something like this
Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to phpbb\notification\type\base::__construct() must implement interface phpbb\db\driver\driver_interface, instance of phpbb\user_loader given, called in /homepages/41/d339986667/htdocs/aleyoya/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php on line 2125 and defined in /homepages/41/d339986667/htdocs/aleyoya/phpbb/notification/type/base.php on line 87
But after refresh it seems to work fine...just hate that showing error.

rxu
Extensions Development Team
Posts: 2956
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:46 pm
Location: Siberia, Russian Federation
Name: Ruslan
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by rxu » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:35 pm

niebrat wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:02 am
I have a problem on my phpbb 3.2
Are you using 3.2 version of the extension?

Locked

Return to “Extensions in Development”